Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever got a #1 for a numbered book? I haven't....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever got a #1 for a numbered book? I haven't....

I have got low numbers, yet to get a #1 for a numbered book. Cap

Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Yes, and an A for a lettered. Kinda cool when it happens, but it’s a thrill that doesn’t last long, frankly.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      Yes, and an A for a lettered. Kinda cool when it happens, but it’s a thrill that doesn’t last long, frankly.
      I believe the lowest number I have in my collection is an 8. I've tried for 17 several times as it's my wife's favorite number. I'd go for Q if I were trying for a letter. I have no preference as far as the actual number but, want all numbers to match in a set.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        I believe the lowest number I have in my collection is an 8. I've tried for 17 several times as it's my wife's favorite number. I'd go for Q if I were trying for a letter. I have no preference as far as the actual number but, want all numbers to match in a set.
        17 is my number for the Earthling Halloween series and I have all the books in the series. ~Cap
        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

The lowest number I received on a book I ordered directly from the publisher was #22 for the SWAN SONG signed/limited from Subterranean Press. I didn't request a specific number, that's just what I got.

The lowest number I own is #2 of the signed/limited edition of Robert McCammon's THE FIVE, also from Subterranean Press. I bought it on the secondary market.

Comment

As far as my numbered items go, I have a Number One Mouse Guard print I got at this year’s Emerald City Comic Con, and my Sub Press edition of McCammon’s Wolf’s Hour is Number Two.

I don’t believe that I have any other low numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
              The lowest number I own is #2 of the signed/limited edition of Robert McCammon's THE FIVE, also from Subterranean Press. I bought it on the secondary market.
              I wonder if your source for that was the same as my source for my #2 of Wolf’s Hour.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                I wonder if your source for that was the same as my source for my #2 of Wolf’s Hour.

I bought mine from somebody named Mark Vach.

Comment

I've never received that low of a number or letter before. I really don't think much about it. I occasionally see books up for sale where one of the selling points is that it is number 1 or letter A and the price is bumped up due to this, but I always shake my head and move on. While getting a low number or letter might be a fun surprise, I wouldn't pay extra for it.

Comment

I believe my lowest number is 15 for DRP's Special Edition of BIRD BOX. My Doubleday Years number is 34 which is pretty low. But also a very Chicago number to have.

Comment

With CD #1 used to be a lifetime member. I think we either bought their membership back when they stopped collecting, or sadly they died. These days I'm pretty sure one of the board members here collects #1's. They can name themself, but there is one person who regularly requests #1.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                        I've never received that low of a number or letter before. I really don't think much about it. I occasionally see books up for sale where one of the selling points is that it is number 1 or letter A and the price is bumped up due to this, but I always shake my head and move on. While getting a low number or letter might be a fun surprise, I wouldn't pay extra for it.
                        Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                          17 is my number for the Earthling Halloween series and I have all the books in the series. ~Cap
                          What time do you leave for work again? One of my "associates" will be by later......

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                            With CD #1 used to be a lifetime member. I think we either bought their membership back when they stopped collecting, or sadly they died. These days I'm pretty sure one of the board members here collects #1's. They can name themself, but there is one person who regularly requests #1.
                            I could be wrong but I think it is T-Dogz_AK47.

Comment

I have no idea what the lowest book number I have is but I a pretty sure I do but have a #1. Something completely different though. The first year Cemetery Dance offered the CDCC it included a membership card and they issued member numbers based on timestamp of the order. I ordered as soon as I got the email and my CDCC membership card is #2.

Comment

Working...
                              X