IT Gift Edition with Remarque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT Gift Edition with Remarque

I posted this question over on the Collectors forum as well. Just looking for some feedback.

I have wavered back and forth about the possibility of selling my gift edition if IT. Mine has a remarque from Erin Wells and has not been read but has been flipped through.

Is there any real value to the art and would I be better served, if I decide to sell, to wait until closer to the second movies release and/or the Holidays?

Thanks!

*Let me know if this question should be moved elsewhere*
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I posted this question over on the Collectors forum as well. Just looking for some feedback.

I have wavered back and forth about the possibility of selling my gift edition if IT. Mine has a remarque from Erin Wells and has not been read but has been flipped through.

Is there any real value to the art and would I be better served, if I decide to sell, to wait until closer to the second movies release and/or the Holidays?

Thanks!

*Let me know if this question should be moved elsewhere*
    My thoughts:
    I don't know if the people who like the movie and have a new interest in the book would value the remarque the same way a collector would. So I doubt a casual IT fan would appreciate or pay extra for it.

I do think it might be best to wait until the IT: Chapter 2 approaches to get additional eyeballs on your listing.

Comment

I don't know about the art. I do know when the first movie came out the prices on the IT gift, limited, and lettered editions skyrocketed. I can't particularly say they will do so again though. They seem to have stayed at that high price. I've only managed to find a limited edition for sale anywhere and they are asking a price that equals the retail price on the lettered edition. There seem to be no gift editions on the market at all, but the last time I had seen one they where running for like $400 to $600. I would suspect you'd have a hard time getting more than that even with the remarque though, especially since remarques are a very "niche" thing even within the collecting world, so really it's a "niche" within a "niche". Just my thoughts.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

For some collectors, in fact, remarques are more a detriment than a positive. I prefer my books stock, or as-issued, so I would see a remarque as a strike against that particular copy. It's a little different if the artist doing the remarque is the same one who did the actual dj art -- who was thus a party to the original work (author and/or artist) -- but if it's an artist that had nothing to do with the original production then it is simply someone who had nothing to do with the original production drawing in the book...and for me, whether it's my 5-year-old kid with crayons or indeed a very talented adult artist, it's still marring the book and distancing it from its intended state.

I would agree with Dan that the enhanced value to casual readers and/or sporadic collectors has already been baked in by the first movie, and that the second film will have a negligible impact at this point. I think your best bet is not wait, and instead to find a collector that enjoys or doesn't mind remarques and sell now. Who knows, other owners of the CD edition may see it as you did and come out of the woodwork when the second film comes out, and supply will match or overwhelm demand and prices may drop. To me, it seems like now would be perhaps be the best time to try and sell. My two cents.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          Who knows, other owners of the CD edition may see it as you did and come out of the woodwork when the second film comes out, and supply will match or overwhelm demand and prices may drop. To me, it seems like now would be perhaps be the best time to try and sell. My two cents.
          Great point. I amend my previous recommendation to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
            Great point. I amend my previous recommendation to wait.
            I too have a GE on my shelf that I've contemplated selling, especially once I saw some of the $600 prices that they were asking. I paid $78.75 for my copy (I did have to buy a new slipcase because mine had an immovable sticker on it - curses!!) so $600 would be quite the return.

Maybe when the second IT shows up and the price increases some more . . .

Comment

I think the time to sell is anywhere between now and the next movie.

The second movie might cause a slight bump, but almost everyone was made aware by the first movie.

Price it at the high end and see if you get a bite. You can always encourage a best offer too.

The value of the art is subjective. Erin Wells was an original artist for that book, so that helps.

Comment

Thank you for the replies. I will consider my options. I haven't really ever been a seller (I have sold a few items...I think two-three books total! LOL) so this will be a tough one for me if I decide to sell it.

I should also add that Erin had indicated this was her first remarque. So for me this would be irreplaceable...See I think I just talked myself out of even thinking about selling it!
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                X