Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Suntup Press - Third book

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I appears I will not need to wait to see the ARC. Got a shipping notice this morning.

Excited!
    Oh that's awesome. Did you get Hill House as well?

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Sweet! It'll be even more awesome when you have Joe sign it.
    Hopefully he swings by here next year.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Oh that's awesome. Did you get Hill House as well?
    No, did not like the story well enough to buy the limited. Had they been able to offer a gift edition I would have considered it.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Hopefully he swings by here next year.
    Hopefully he'll stop here on the way out to see you.

Hopefully he'll stop here on the way out to see you.
    Hopefully so. If you haven't been to one his appearances area blast. He has stopped at Powell's in Portland for each nationwide tour. For Strange Weather he never left the North East. So there is hope.

Hopefully so. If you haven't been to one his appearances area blast. He has stopped at Powell's in Portland for each nationwide tour. For Strange Weather he never left the North East. So there is hope.
    I'd love to meet Joe Lansdale. But he only goes where the weather is agreeable, the taxes are reasonable, and you won't get shot in the face. Thus, no CHICAGOLAND. Also, almost everything I have from him is signed. So he's like Joe Hill?

I'd love to meet Josh Malerman too. And Robert McCammon.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar

McCammon is on my bucket list, along with Stephen R. Donaldson.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    I'd love to meet Joe Lansdale. But he only goes where the weather is agreeable, the taxes are reasonable, and you won't get shot in the face. Thus, no CHICAGOLAND. Also, almost everything I have from him is signed. So he's like Joe Hill?

I FINALLY got to meet Lansdale a year (two now?) ago - he was at two Seattle area book stores, but I wasn't able to go to both. He will sign anything and everything - with the exception of ARCs. I tried to play it easy and only bring a limited number of books - I may have limited myself to 15? I did win the raffle for a DVD copy of the first season of Hap & Leonard - AND I snagged the giant book cover sign too since no one else seemed to have wanted it.

It was a fun evening (I believe Ron was behind me in line?) and I'd love to see him again.

I'd also love to meet McCammon too.

I'm not sure that he's ever made an appearance near me. At least within driving distance. I've heard/read that he'll sign lots of stuff outside of the current book he's promoting. While most of his stuff is signed that I have, I'd love to have my comic collection signed. That would literally take days though. Maybe I could just follow him around on tour. I'll start a GoFundMe campaign so you guys can help out

I'm not sure that he's ever made an appearance near me. At least within driving distance. I've heard/read that he'll sign lots of stuff outside of the current book he's promoting. While most of his stuff is signed that I have, I'd love to have my comic collection signed. That would literally take days though. Maybe I could just follow him around on tour. I'll start a GoFundMe campaign so you guys can help out
    If you get the chance you need to go to one of his appearances. They are a blast and he will sign whatever item you have if it relates to him in anyway. I had him sign my NOS4A2 mugs and my Cemetery Dance book bag. The only thing he asks is that if you are getting more than three things signed to please wait until those with three and under are taken care of. Almost forgot, he also signed my Creepshow DVD box but he signed it as JHK.

My Suntup Horns ARC is scheduled for delivery today. Merry Christmas to me!

My Suntup Horns ARC is scheduled for delivery today. Merry Christmas to me!
    Received my ARC earlier today and just finished reading Mr. Hills new introduction. Really enjoyed it.

If you get the chance you need to go to one of his appearances. They are a blast and he will sign whatever item you have if it relates to him in anyway. I had him sign my NOS4A2 mugs and my Cemetery Dance book bag. The only thing he asks is that if you are getting more than three things signed to please wait until those with three and under are taken care of. Almost forgot, he also signed my Creepshow DVD box but he signed it as JHK.
    Received my ARC earlier today and just finished reading Mr. Hills new introduction. Really enjoyed it.
    Thanks for the info, Martin. There are only a few books that I have that don't have his signature so I'd have the pick which comics and magazines that I'd want him to sign. Definitely more than three of those. Probably best if he would just come out to my pickup lol.

Congrats again on the ARC. Looking forward to reading that intro come summer.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    I'm actually very much thinking about picking up one of the gift editions. It's not my favorite book from Joe Hill but after seeing multiple photos I would very much like to have at least one of Paul's books in my collection.

Someone did note that there is some rubbing on the DJ from the slipcase. Anyone else notice this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I'm actually very much thinking about picking up one of the gift editions. It's not my favorite book from Joe Hill but after seeing multiple photos I would very much like to have at least one of Paul's books in my collection.

Someone did note that there is some rubbing on the DJ from the slipcase. Anyone else notice this issue?
    I do not have rubbing but the book is a tight fit.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

I can honestly say only the first title from Suntup Press, Misery, caught my eye-I do wish I had got the gift edition for Misery. The other titles so far are of no interest to me.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Thank you for the reply.

I do not have rubbing but the book is a tight fit.
    I have certainly enjoyed watching the progress of Suntup as a publisher. It's been fun and interesting. Some books have caught my eye more than others however every single one has had something about them that I've liked. I think I would have been very happy with Misery and The Road.

Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    I can honestly say only the first title from Suntup Press, Misery, caught my eye-I do wish I had got the gift edition for Misery. The other titles so far are of no interest to me.

Cap

Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post

Cap
    You know, the only title I was lukewarm about at the launch was HORNS. I've never read Hill and I hadn't heard much about that book. But seeing those editions come to life, I am beyond thrilled I got the numbered and the AGE. I think the AGE of HORNS is even better than MISERY and that one is a stunner.

The selection of THE ROAD and BROTHER are two more outstanding picks from Paul. For sure there may be titles I'll be meh about in the future. Paul said he's got a sci-fi-fi book in the pipeline and I'm not crazy about those, but we'll see. The thing is, even if the title doesn't thrill me, I'm sure that Paul's production will. If I had the money for a time machine, I'd go back to when he offered lifetime subscriptions. And if I somehow had the money (owning a time machine would pretty much guarantee that I would have the money) then I'd get the top subscription he offered knowing it was money tremendously well-spent.

I should be getting my AGE OF HORNS today!

Also, only about half of the editions of BROTHER have sold. GET ON IT if you haven't.

I should be getting my AGE OF HORNS today!

Also, only about half of the editions of BROTHER have sold. GET ON IT if you haven't.
    Cool unboxing video Jeff. Looks like your slipcase is a better fit than mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHXBpJZhY9g

Looking forward to the limited unboxing.