Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Suntup Editions - All Books

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    I should be getting my AGE OF HORNS today!

Also, only about half of the editions of BROTHER have sold. GET ON IT if you haven't.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I don’t think it was a $30 fee for the plan, I seem to recall it being a flat 5%...I think. It was fairly nominal, but the shipping was around 35 bucks.
    Gotcha on the 5%. That explains it being higher for the higher priced books. Seems shipping is always around that amount. I know Paul has foam that protects the book made specifically for it.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I don’t think it was a $30 fee for the plan, I seem to recall it being a flat 5%...I think. It was fairly nominal, but the shipping was around 35 bucks.
    I noticed on the Suntup site it states a 5% fee is charged. That is reasonable and I may actually go that route. Not sure if that will make me feel better or worse about spending the money. Kind of a rip the band aid off or pully it slowly thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I noticed on the Suntup site it states a 5% fee is charged. That is reasonable and I may actually go that route. Not sure if that will make me feel better or worse about spending the money. Kind of a rip the band aid off or pully it slowly thing.
    I did the payment plan for HORNS. The rub of it is that it added over $30 to an already pricey purchase. So it's not something you should do to save money, obviously. It's best for those who don't have the money right at the time of presale and want to secure a copy. If you have the money right now and it won't hurt your finances, then skip the payment plan.

I just ordered mine via the payment plan. I think the charge this time was only like 11/12 bucks. I'm looking forward to my copy of Red Horns

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I just ordered mine via the payment plan. I think the charge this time was only like 11/12 bucks. I'm looking forward to my copy of Red Horns
    Well if I donít win it, youíre on a short list of people Iíll be happy to lose it to. I know how much you love Hill. But if I win it, no one will ever see it for sale. Not like the guy who won the PC Lettered edition of HILL HOUSE. He sold the lettered edition and the Key that indicated he won the prize. Maybe he fell on hard times and had to part with it, but to me thatís a limitation of 1. Only one book was also a prize. And Iíd want that trophy for always.

Preciousssssss

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Well if I don’t win it, you’re on a short list of people I’ll be happy to lose it to. I know how much you love Hill. But if I win it, no one will ever see it for sale. Not like the guy who won the PC Lettered edition of HILL HOUSE. He sold the lettered edition and the Key that indicated he won the prize. Maybe he fell on hard times and had to part with it, but to me that’s a limitation of 1. Only one book was also a prize. And I’d want that trophy for always.

Preciousssssss
    They won't see it for sale alright. Because we'll be doing the trade in a shady motel room with me minus a kidney.

You know some non-Hill fan will end up with it and the auction will be on.

I should be getting my AGE OF HORNS today!

Also, only about half of the editions of BROTHER have sold. GET ON IT if you haven't.
    Cool unboxing video Jeff. Looks like your slipcase is a better fit than mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHXBpJZhY9g

Looking forward to the limited unboxing.

Cool unboxing video Jeff. Looks like your slipcase is a better fit than mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHXBpJZhY9g

Looking forward to the limited unboxing.
    Thanks. Yeah, because of your post, the grip of the slipcase was something I was looking for and I was happy that it seemed like a great fit.

Thanks. Yeah, because of your post, the grip of the slipcase was something I was looking for and I was happy that it seemed like a great fit.
    I am hoping mine will loosen up. Doubt it will loosen up enough to add a Brodart cover though.

I am hoping mine will loosen up. Doubt it will loosen up enough to add a Brodart cover though.
    I actually took the brodart covers off of my editions of IT and SWAN SONG. I put them on poorly and I think I was actually bending the dust jackets whenever I put them into their slipcases. So Brodart covers are not a given for me.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    I always throw a book cover on my books; although, I do admit to be very careful about the bending issue that Jeffingoff mentions. I almost wish that publishers like CD/SubPress/Etc. would issue their limited editions with a book cover included; however, I'm sure that they don't because of potential complaints. I love that Camelot books will throw a book cover on the items that they sell. Definitely saves me some time.

Quote Originally Posted by sholloman81 View Post
    I always throw a book cover on my books; although, I do admit to be very careful about the bending issue that Jeffingoff mentions. I almost wish that publishers like CD/SubPress/Etc. would issue their limited editions with a book cover included; however, I'm sure that they don't because of potential complaints. I love that Camelot books will throw a book cover on the items that they sell. Definitely saves me some time.
    Yeah, getting the books already in Brodart would be fantastic. I LOVE how Camelot does that--makes me want to buy more from them. But I can see how labor intensive it would be for a publisher to Brodart 750 editions before shipping.

So yeah, I like Brodart I just don't trust myself to do a good job applying it to dust jackets.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    To be honest, we just don't see the need. Generally most of our customers don't use or even know what a Brodart Cover is. On top of that we don't really think they provide all that much benefit unless you're handling the individual book way more than what would be normal use. Honestly it's one of those things that I personally think is a "collectors placebo". Realistically what happens is most people put these higher end collectibles on their shelves then almost never touch them again, and the covers don't do anything to protect the books from the hazards of just sitting on a shelf for years. You really need UV protection and humidity control for that. Just my opinion though.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    I like brodart covers. Makes it so I can set my can of PBR on my books and not worry about unsightly water rings on the DJ.

I actually took the brodart covers off of my editions of IT and SWAN SONG. I put them on poorly and I think I was actually bending the dust jackets whenever I put them into their slipcases. So Brodart covers are not a given for me.
    Because I handle my books repeatedly and take them in and out of the slipcase I manage to scratch up the dustjacket if I do not protect it. It does take me a few tries at time to get it right. Unrelated: I hope you have resolved your home issues to your satisfaction.

Because I handle my books repeatedly and take them in and out of the slipcase I manage to scratch up the dustjacket if I do not protect it. It does take me a few tries at time to get it right. Unrelated: I hope you have resolved your home issues to your satisfaction.
    My home issues have been resolved. That's almost all I can say about it. No one from the company I cannot name admitted guilt, apologized, or disputed the things I said on social media or my blog posts (which have all been removed). But t's over. Thanks for asking about it. The support I got from you and the other commenters is about the only justice I could get.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I like brodart covers. Makes it so I can set my can of PBR on my books and not worry about unsightly water rings on the DJ.
    YEP! Sometimes when you're on the lake, you have to set the PBR on your book when it's your turn to go tubin'.

Shipping notice received for the Limited!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Nice and congrats. I'm still flippity flopping on the gift. Looks like there are still a few left.

While I was doing that I went ahead and looked at the The Road again, wished I could have afforded the Suntup Edition, and then ordered a 1st 1st off of Abebooks.

Book collecting is kind of like a sickness.

Shipping notice received for the Limited!