Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Suntup Press - Third book

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I just bought the AGE. I reread the book on Friday to see if I still liked it enough to buy another copy

Senior Member Hearing Voices Ben Staad's Avatar
    Love the cover art. I'm sure the Artist Gifts will be lovely.

Senior Member Totally Insane Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Love the new avatar! Looks familiar.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    I am such a weak a## . After swearing I wasn't going to purchase this I ended up just going with the Artist Gift Edition. I don't know who I hate more. Me for being so weak or you guys for talking up the production level of this book.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed St. Troy's Avatar
    I'm running out of ways to say "great job, Paul," but I have to say, each of the 3 editions of Horns looks like it could be the single definitive edition if SE had made just one. Each is not simply very good - each is distinctive. Those that buy more than 1 edition aren't getting 3 slightly different lookalikes; they are getting 3 very different books.
    Last edited by St. Troy; 09-30-2018 at 10:00 PM.
    Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I'm running out of ways to say "great job, Paul," but I have to say, each of the 3 editions of Horns looks like it could be the single definitive edition if SE had made just one. Each is not simply very good - each is distinctive. Those that buy more than 1 edition aren't getting 3 slightly different lookalikes; they are getting 3 very different books.
    That's one of the things I immediately noticed about Suntup - the differences in their editions aren't just a slipcase versus traycase, or a number versus a letter. They're distinct editions from each other.

Paul just announced on Twitter that the limited has now sold out. So it lasted just over 6 hours. With a $675 retail that is a shockingly quick sell out. Congratulations to Suntup on another great release!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Love the new avatar! Looks familiar.
    Thanks! That's such beautiful art that I couldn't resist. Hopefully Paul and his attorneys won't coming knocking for its use

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I am such a weak a## . After swearing I wasn't going to purchase this I ended up just going with the Artist Gift Edition. I don't know who I hate more. Me for being so weak or you guys for talking up the production level of this book.
    Congrats! You did very well for yourself at $85. I wouldn't give it a second thought.

And the congregation said, "Amen"! And dare I say; this production just may trump Misery. Not in aftermarket value but just sheer quality.

Paul just announced on Twitter that the limited has now sold out. So it lasted just over 6 hours. With a $675 retail that is a shockingly quick sell out. Congratulations to Suntup on another great release!
    Ditto! Huge congrats to you and the team, Paul!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication jeffingoff's Avatar
    Well I could not pass on this one. I purchased a limited today. This now provides me with right of first approval for Suntup books in the King track and the non-King track. Paul, please take you time in announcing your next book, you are killing by book budget!

With that said I am thrilled to be adding this one to my collection!
    CONGRATS and welcome to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I hate me too. The AGE looks stunning.

No kidding. You can tell that Paul loves designing these and treating each one as separate interpretations of the work. I would love to have all three. But I had to settle for two.

Junior Member Part-timer
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I hate me too. The AGE looks stunning.
    I hate myself also I got an AGE, Even though it's not one of my favorites from Joe Hill.

I am sure I will regret not buying the Artist Gift Edition but after springing for the Limited I just can't justify any additional expense.

Senior Member Hearing Voices Ben Staad's Avatar
    That is a huge statement. Lamenting not buying the lower lever product. The production value must be fantastic.

I am sure I will regret not buying the Artist Gift Edition but after springing for the Limited I just can't justify any additional expense.

Suntup has set the limitation for the Artist Gift Edition at 1,000.

Suntup has set the limitation for the Artist Gift Edition at 1,000.
    A little birdy just told me this. More limited than Misery but I wonder it that's all the demand there was. Glad I secured a copy nonetheless.

While I want Paul to make yacht-loads of money, I also selfishly want the AGE to have a print run of 500.
    Remember when I said that? I was kidding of course. But I am shocked that there will be 250 fewer copies of the AGE of HORNS than the one for MISERY. Especially with the cheaper price.

Also, it's 80% sold out. So if anyone was sitting on the fence, now's your chance for a very reasonably priced Suntup edition with a pretty limited print run.

Also, it's 80% sold out. So if anyone was sitting on the fence, now's your chance for a very reasonably priced Suntup edition with a pretty limited print run.
    A helluva nice production for $85.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    A helluva nice production for $85.
    For sure. And as everyone knows, the smaller the print run, the more expensive it is to print the book. So Paul would have made more money with a bigger run (more people paying for less expensive books). For us, it's a great value. With a better aftermarket, I'd guess.