Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 201 to 213 of 213

Thread: Suntup Press - Third book

  1. #201
    Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,276
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I appears I will not need to wait to see the ARC. Got a shipping notice this morning.

    Excited!
    Oh that's awesome. Did you get Hill House as well?

  2. #202
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,307
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Sweet! It'll be even more awesome when you have Joe sign it.
    Hopefully he swings by here next year.

  3. #203
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,307
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Oh that's awesome. Did you get Hill House as well?
    No, did not like the story well enough to buy the limited. Had they been able to offer a gift edition I would have considered it.

  4. #204
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,199
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Hopefully he swings by here next year.
    Hopefully he'll stop here on the way out to see you.

  5. #205
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,307
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Hopefully he'll stop here on the way out to see you.
    Hopefully so. If you haven't been to one his appearances area blast. He has stopped at Powell's in Portland for each nationwide tour. For Strange Weather he never left the North East. So there is hope.

  6. #206
    Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,276
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Hopefully so. If you haven't been to one his appearances area blast. He has stopped at Powell's in Portland for each nationwide tour. For Strange Weather he never left the North East. So there is hope.
    I'd love to meet Joe Lansdale. But he only goes where the weather is agreeable, the taxes are reasonable, and you won't get shot in the face. Thus, no CHICAGOLAND. Also, almost everything I have from him is signed. So he's like Joe Hill?

    I'd love to meet Josh Malerman too. And Robert McCammon.

  7. #207
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,268
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

    I'd love to meet Josh Malerman too. And Robert McCammon.

    McCammon is on my bucket list, along with Stephen R. Donaldson.

  8. #208
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    871
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I'd love to meet Joe Lansdale. But he only goes where the weather is agreeable, the taxes are reasonable, and you won't get shot in the face. Thus, no CHICAGOLAND. Also, almost everything I have from him is signed. So he's like Joe Hill?

    I'd love to meet Josh Malerman too. And Robert McCammon.
    I FINALLY got to meet Lansdale a year (two now?) ago - he was at two Seattle area book stores, but I wasn't able to go to both. He will sign anything and everything - with the exception of ARCs. I tried to play it easy and only bring a limited number of books - I may have limited myself to 15? I did win the raffle for a DVD copy of the first season of Hap & Leonard - AND I snagged the giant book cover sign too since no one else seemed to have wanted it.

    It was a fun evening (I believe Ron was behind me in line?) and I'd love to see him again.

    I'd also love to meet McCammon too.

  9. #209
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,199
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Hopefully so. If you haven't been to one his appearances area blast. He has stopped at Powell's in Portland for each nationwide tour. For Strange Weather he never left the North East. So there is hope.
    I'm not sure that he's ever made an appearance near me. At least within driving distance. I've heard/read that he'll sign lots of stuff outside of the current book he's promoting. While most of his stuff is signed that I have, I'd love to have my comic collection signed. That would literally take days though. Maybe I could just follow him around on tour. I'll start a GoFundMe campaign so you guys can help out

  10. #210
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,307
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I'm not sure that he's ever made an appearance near me. At least within driving distance. I've heard/read that he'll sign lots of stuff outside of the current book he's promoting. While most of his stuff is signed that I have, I'd love to have my comic collection signed. That would literally take days though. Maybe I could just follow him around on tour. I'll start a GoFundMe campaign so you guys can help out
    If you get the chance you need to go to one of his appearances. They are a blast and he will sign whatever item you have if it relates to him in anyway. I had him sign my NOS4A2 mugs and my Cemetery Dance book bag. The only thing he asks is that if you are getting more than three things signed to please wait until those with three and under are taken care of. Almost forgot, he also signed my Creepshow DVD box but he signed it as JHK.

  11. #211
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,307
    Rep Power
    21
    My Suntup Horns ARC is scheduled for delivery today. Merry Christmas to me!

  12. #212
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,307
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    My Suntup Horns ARC is scheduled for delivery today. Merry Christmas to me!
    Received my ARC earlier today and just finished reading Mr. Hills new introduction. Really enjoyed it.

  13. #213
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,199
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    If you get the chance you need to go to one of his appearances. They are a blast and he will sign whatever item you have if it relates to him in anyway. I had him sign my NOS4A2 mugs and my Cemetery Dance book bag. The only thing he asks is that if you are getting more than three things signed to please wait until those with three and under are taken care of. Almost forgot, he also signed my Creepshow DVD box but he signed it as JHK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Received my ARC earlier today and just finished reading Mr. Hills new introduction. Really enjoyed it.
    Thanks for the info, Martin. There are only a few books that I have that don't have his signature so I'd have the pick which comics and magazines that I'd want him to sign. Definitely more than three of those. Probably best if he would just come out to my pickup lol.

    Congrats again on the ARC. Looking forward to reading that intro come summer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •