Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about this. I am an only child (so no nephews) but we lost my cousins son unexpectedly at 21. It was and is tough.
    It is very tough. My condolences to you and yours as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Much to young to die. I am so sorry. I have a niece who is 19 and a nephew who is 17 that I have helped raise and could imagine what it would be like to lose one of them.
      Thanks, Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        The more I think about it, the more I think I have to try for a limited of this. Although not my favorite Joe Hill novel, Heart Shaped Box still holds that slot, I really loved Horns. I did not purchase the PS limited so all I have is the signed 1st trade from Mr. Hills stop at Powell's. Mr. Hill is probably my top author currently so I am expecting to try for the limited. I got lucky with Misery so it could happen again!
        You’ll definitely have a shot. There are those who have folded because of the price and there are 65 more copies available than there was for Hill House.

Comment

I don't think I've ever overpaid for a book that I really wanted...I hope to God wife my never finds this post LOL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
            I don't think I've ever overpaid for a book that I really wanted...I hope to God wife my never finds this post LOL!!!!
            No kidding. I’m giving some serious consideration to buying this book but am afraid of the “you spent how much?” Conversation.

Something something forgiveness something permission.

Comment

Exactly. That is the beauty of collecting.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

My thoughts exactly. Part of the reason I went with the payment plan was to hide the full cost of the book from my wife. That's shady as hell, I know. The rub of it is that you have to pay a $30 fee for the privilege of spreading out the payments. So I'm paying more!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Suntup View Post
                  Jeff, all good brother. And no, not at all. I didn't take your comment that way. Nothing wrong with voicing opinions. I thought I would just offer up things from a different vantage point. Sort of balance the scales I guess. Thanks for supporting the press!
                  One thing I want to add: I really hope you will ALWAYS answer to the book and not the dollar. Never compromise. Even if that means some customers will drop off. Even if that means your books will be beyond my budget, so be it. I'm an adult and I can make decisions about what I can afford. That's why I'm not a letter buyer. It's not that I wouldn't love to have that Lettered Horns on my shelf. I just can't swing it. And that's my business. Keep making beautiful things. That's yours.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                    See I've always thought CD and SubPress do enormous print runs when you guys have limiteds at 500 or 1000 copies, but I cut my teeth in collecting without outfits like Delirium/DarkFuse, DRP, and so on, where 100-copy limiteds were standard and 250 was almost unheard of.
                    A lot of our titles are new titles often by smaller authors. This stuff wouldn't necessarily get a hardcover unless from a small press. So generally I think we're just more of the mindset that we prefer to do higher runs at a lower price point to get these books into more peoples hands, but not so high of a print run that they aren't "special'. I can't say for sure, but I feel like this tends to be better for those small authors, as the more people that read your books the better. It's really just a different approach to the industry.
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                      No kidding. I’m giving some serious consideration to buying this book but am afraid of the “you spent how much?” Conversation.

Something something forgiveness something permission.
                      Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                      My thoughts exactly. Part of the reason I went with the payment plan was to hide the full cost of the book from my wife. That's shady as hell, I know. The rub of it is that you have to pay a $30 fee for the privilege of spreading out the payments. So I'm paying more!
                      I have drafted emails with all the details of this book addressed to your wives/girlfriend. If I don't receive a grand each from you by midnight tonight, that email will be sent........

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                      One thing I want to add: I really hope you will ALWAYS answer to the book and not the dollar. Never compromise. Even if that means some customers will drop off. Even if that means your books will be beyond my budget, so be it. I'm an adult and I can make decisions about what I can afford. That's why I'm not a letter buyer. It's not that I wouldn't love to have that Lettered Horns on my shelf. I just can't swing it. And that's my business. Keep making beautiful things. That's yours.
                      I'm little bummed that after a day of consideration and looking over finances, I won't be going for the lettered on Sunday. Just not in the cards for me at the moment. I'm totally stoked, however, that I will be getting an AGE and numbered. The DJ art on the AGE is outstanding!

I'll be doing the payment plan as well, Jeff. I have a hard, fast rule that I'll never use a CC to buy a book. Payment plans or lay-a-ways I'm all in for. If you see this, Paul? Is the fee associated with the payment plan to cover some cost on your end? If that's the case, I'm fine with it. And to echo Jeff's statement, keep doing what you're doing!
                      Last edited by Brian861; 09-28-2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        I'll be doing the payment plan as well, Jeff. I have a hard, fast rule that I'll never use a CC to buy a book. Payment plans or lay-a-ways I'm all in for. If you see this, Paul? Is the fee associated with the payment plan to cover some cost on your end? If that's the case, I'm fine with it. And to echo Jeff's statement, keep doing what you're doing!
                        Hey Brian - It is a fee that the service provider charges Suntup for managing the installment payments.

Comment

I'm little bummed that after a day of consideration and looking over finances, I won't be going for the lettered on Sunday.

Is the fee associated with the payment plan to cover some cost on your end? If that's the case, I'm fine with it.
                          I doubt there will be any Lettereds available anyway--unless you own/bought a Lettered Hill House.

I thought the fee was something like insurance. If you opt for a payment plan, it means you are reaching the limits of your budget (not necessarily just hiding expenses) and the odds are greater that you will default on your obligation. Though, I will have this book completely paid for before its published so there is absolutely no risk to Paul. But I get that the seller needs protection.

Just a guess.

Comment

I have drafted emails with all the details of this book addressed to your wives/girlfriend. If I don't receive a grand each from you by midnight tonight, that email will be sent........

I'm little bummed that after a day of consideration and looking over finances, I won't be going for the lettered on Sunday. Just not in the cards for me at the moment. I'm totally stoked, however, that I will be getting an AGE and numbered. The DJ art on the AGE is outstanding!

Look we have a super villain in our midst. The only way to stop him, is to crush him with an extremely oversized, pricey, collectable book From Kingsway press, damn he's safe LOL. Sorry, sorry, couldn't help it, sorry!!!

Comment

Look we have a super villain in our midst. The only way to stop him, is to crush him with an extremely oversized, pricey, collectable book From Kingsway press, damn he's safe LOL. Sorry, sorry, couldn't help it, sorry!!!
                              http://gph.is/29c67Lw

Comment

Great rule. I follow the same on most "entertainment" purchases. There have been a few exceptions over the years but mostly this has been true for me as well.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X