Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

I'd love to see Paul do Time and Again, by Jack Finney. That's probably my favorite time travel book.
    I have an inscribed (to me) 1st HC of that one (w/ review slip), but I'd still be in for a Suntup treatment of that book. Love Finney, love that novel.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I am a broken record and sorry about that...These look great but not even close to my budget.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
        I am a broken record and sorry about that...These look great but not even close to my budget.
        That $13K for the Roman Numeral edition is a jaw-dropping pricetag. It'll be worth it for those who choose to opt for it and, don't get me wrong, I think it's really cool that there are publishers out there who are taking bookcraft to such a high level (whatever that may be, I'm not familiar with the details), but that's a degree of collector mindset that of which I really can't conceive. I'm trying to think of any small press in the last 30+ years I've been collecting that had any releases w/ that kind of pricetag, and I can't think of anything that approaches it. For me, if I drop $13K on something, it better transport me repeatedly from Point A to Point B, not sit on my shelf and gather dust like it's on vacation.

EDIT: I see now that $13K is just for the Roman Numeral of THE TIME MACHINE alone (with rights to the Roman Numeral eds. of the other two volumes)...so presumably the Roman Numeral set will be ~ $39,000. More power to those who can afford it and choose to go down that road, but as much of a bibliophile as I am I'm afraid I just don't get it. Then again, if I had the $$ (and could afford the insurance), I'd be grabbing a $30,000 Kawasaki Ninja H2 next Spring (instead of a planned $13K Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX)...we all have our different passions and priorities, and sometimes it's all about perspective and what really excites us. Who's to say who's wrong?
        Last edited by RonClinton; 11-09-2019, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I'm skipping this set as well. Not really an H.G. Wells fan.

Comment

I am passing on these. I am not a big Science Fiction fan (Except John Scalzi). I have only read War of the Worlds from H.G. Wells and listen to the radio adaption of it every Halloween. I would probably enjoy these stories and if they were being offered in a gift edition I would not hesitate. I just do not find value in this production.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              I have an inscribed (to me) 1st HC of that one (w/ review slip), but I'd still be in for a Suntup treatment of that book. Love Finney, love that novel.
              Very nice! It's a book I've read many times over the years.

Comment

Agreed. I would certainly have considered a GE.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                I am passing on these. I am not a big Science Fiction fan (Except John Scalzi). I have only read War of the Worlds from H.G. Wells and listen to the radio adaption of it every Halloween. I would probably enjoy these stories and if they were being offered in a gift edition I would not hesitate. I just do not find value in this production.
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

If you like Science Fiction, you can't miss with Wells or Verne, the Fathers of Steam Punk, when Steam was King.I'm just amazed by their genius and foresight. War of the Worlds,twenty-Thousand Leagues Under the Sea and so much more. I would love to get a nice set of both authors' works.

Comment

A book my mother recommended to me when I was a kid. I still have her copy.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                      A book my mother recommended to me when I was a kid. I still have her copy.
                      Very nice...books like that are worth a thousand spendy lettered editions.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        No clue here either based on the teaser. I'm kinda hoping I can pass too as one never knows what Paul has around the corner and I'd hate for all my funds to be tied up. On that note however, I have this delusion where I score a Roman numeral copy
                        That was a huge delusion of mine indeed! But I'd be all over it if I had that kind of money. I love all the stories in the set but I'm still not sure either. I'd buy AGE's of each title in a second! There is just so much value in Paul's AGE's.

I received my limited of RB this afternoon and from looking at other's photos, it's gorgeous!

Comment

Very nice...books like that are worth a thousand spendy lettered editions.
                          I agree with Ron. That's the greatest edition you'll ever find.

Comment

At first I was slightly relieved at this announcement because I can easily pass on it without only a minimal amount of regret. H.G. Wells is not in my particular wheelhouse of book collecting. A couple of things are keeping me from closing the door on this and moving on: (1) I'm more interested in The Invisible Man and War of the Worlds, but--of course-- I would want all three books (it's all or nothing in this Monkey's house), and (2) I really like the design of the numbered edition. I really like the lettered edition's mock-up as well. This will most likely be a pass, though.

I remember trying to read Wells when I was a kid and just being bored out of my mind. But I was like eight or nine, so I can't really trust my past self's judgment.

As for the Roman Numeral edition, I'll be very happy to look at pictures when posted, but there's no way I could ever justify that amount of money on a book.

Comment

After more internal debate, I have decided to pass and I’m okay with that.

Comment

I got Rosemary's Baby (numbered and AGE) two days ago and I am still coming down. I think the numbered RB is the most beautiful book I own and I own Suntup's numbered edition of Horns. It is perfection.

Comment

Working...
                                X