Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Suntup Editions - All Books

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    No clue here either based on the teaser. I'm kinda hoping I can pass too as one never knows what Paul has around the corner and I'd hate for all my funds to be tied up. On that note however, I have this delusion where I score a Roman numeral copy
    That was a huge delusion of mine indeed! But I'd be all over it if I had that kind of money. I love all the stories in the set but I'm still not sure either. I'd buy AGE's of each title in a second! There is just so much value in Paul's AGE's.

I received my limited of RB this afternoon and from looking at other's photos, it's gorgeous!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Very nice...books like that are worth a thousand spendy lettered editions.
    I agree with Ron. That's the greatest edition you'll ever find.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    At first I was slightly relieved at this announcement because I can easily pass on it without only a minimal amount of regret. H.G. Wells is not in my particular wheelhouse of book collecting. A couple of things are keeping me from closing the door on this and moving on: (1) I'm more interested in The Invisible Man and War of the Worlds, but--of course-- I would want all three books (it's all or nothing in this Monkey's house), and (2) I really like the design of the numbered edition. I really like the lettered edition's mock-up as well. This will most likely be a pass, though.

I remember trying to read Wells when I was a kid and just being bored out of my mind. But I was like eight or nine, so I can't really trust my past self's judgment.

As for the Roman Numeral edition, I'll be very happy to look at pictures when posted, but there's no way I could ever justify that amount of money on a book.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    After more internal debate, I have decided to pass and I’m okay with that.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    I got Rosemary's Baby (numbered and AGE) two days ago and I am still coming down. I think the numbered RB is the most beautiful book I own and I own Suntup's numbered edition of Horns. It is perfection.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I got Rosemary's Baby (numbered and AGE) two days ago and I am still coming down. I think the numbered RB is the most beautiful book I own and I own Suntup's numbered edition of Horns. It is perfection.
    Congratulations. I will have to settle with just the Artist Gift Edition on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Congratulations. I will have to settle with just the Artist Gift Edition on this one.
    Well "settle" is out of place in that sentence. The RB AGE is a stunner. The boards, the slipcase, the spine, the artwork, the reversible dust jacket. And being half the print run of Horns, it'll be harder to find. After some months have passed, I guarantee there will be people fighting for it on eBay. I can't imagine passing on a Suntup AGE ever.

I don't believe you have them without seeing an unboxing video!!

Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I don't believe you have them without seeing an unboxing video!!
    This one will be a monster 15+ minutes. It's a double unboxing and I am barely coherent.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Well "settle" is out of place in that sentence. The RB AGE is a stunner. The boards, the slipcase, the spine, the artwork, the reversible dust jacket. And being half the print run of Horns, it'll be harder to find. After some months have passed, I guarantee there will be people fighting for it on eBay. I can't imagine passing on a Suntup AGE ever.
    I actually ordered an extra dustjacket and received it a while back. I have the Artist Gift Edition ordered via Cemetery Dance and a feather is blocking its shipment. I am not opening the dust jacket until after I have the book.

This one will be a monster 15+ minutes. It's a double unboxing and I am barely coherent.
    Valid point!

I actually ordered an extra dustjacket and received it a while back. I have the Artist Gift Edition ordered via Cemetery Dance and a feather is blocking its shipment. I am not opening the dust jacket until after I have the book.
    I ordered 2 copies (one from Suntup and one from CD) and an extra DJ. I fully intend on displaying one copy with the reverse side of the DJ showing. It'll look like I have a completely separate book on my Suntup shelf. It'll be the most extravagant thing I've ever done in my life and I will not apologize.

This one will be a monster 15+ minutes.
    When???

...and I am barely coherent.
    so, same ole same ole???

When???
    Next day or two. I'm preparing the beginning act.

so, same ole same ole???
    No this is particularly bad. This will probably be one I can't watch again.

...No this is particularly bad. This will probably be one I can't watch again.
    LOL! I'm sure it's fine.

I ordered 2 copies (one from Suntup and one from CD) and an extra DJ. I fully intend on displaying one copy with the reverse side of the DJ showing. It'll look like I have a completely separate book on my Suntup shelf. It'll be the most extravagant thing I've ever done in my life and I will not apologize.
    Correct me if I am wrong but you have a book on your shelf with actual snakeskin. You paid over $600 for it. You had not read it before purchase. Two copies of a book for less that $100 each is not your most extravagant act.
    Last edited by Martin; 11-11-2019 at 06:35 PM.

Correct me if I am wrong but you have a book on your shelf with actual snakeskin. You paid over $600 for it. You had not read it before purchase. Two copies of a book for less that $100 each is not your most extravagant act.
    Um, well, yes . . .

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed St. Troy's Avatar
    Speaking as someone who's never bought a numbered edition, lettereds have always been out of the question, and this Roman Numeraled one sure is - but I'd probably be willing to spend $10 to see an hour-long video featuring the Roman Numeral edition...

Everything about the Wells set looks fantastic and intriguing; for more details, visit the website!
    Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Speaking as someone who's never bought a numbered edition, lettereds have always been out of the question, and this Roman Numeraled one sure is - but I'd probably be willing to spend $10 to see an hour-long video featuring the Roman Numeral edition...

Everything about the Wells set looks fantastic and intriguing; for more details, visit the website!
    That is a great idea. Maybe Paul will give Jeffingoff a PC copy for promotional purposes!

That is a great idea. Maybe Paul will give Jeffingoff a PC copy for promotional purposes!
    I'D FILM AN ENTIRE NETFLIX SERIES for a PC copy of the Roman numeral edition. It would be the shittiest Netflix series ever, but I'd do it.