Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Just going to enjoy my signed/limited PS HC of HORNS and skip the unsigned Gift Edition.

Even if I didn’t have the PS edition, I’d be skipping the signed/numbered edition...$675 for a Hill limited is insane. Not only objectively and comparatively, i.e. the Subterranean and PS limiteds, but as an investment as well…Hill signs liberally, to say the least, and there’s no way this will hold its value, let alone increase. Anyone grabbing a copy for that purpose is, I’m afraid, betting on a losing gamble.
    Speaking only for myself, I have never purchased a book with thought of future value. If I purchase this it will be because I want to have it on my shelf and feel that the price is reasonable. It will be a tough call.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      I worry for you today. Are you emotionally prepared for the possibility that the book isn't HORNS?? I know everyone seems to think it's a foregone conclusion. BUT there's a possibility that the book could be something totally different. If that happens, do you have a support system in place? You can PM me if you need someone to reassure you.

I've never read Joe Hill, so I'm happy to get a Suntup Hill IF that's the third book.
      No support system here, Jeff as my family doesn't' get this obsession of mine lol. I may PM you for a loan and to tell me I'm doing the right thing!

How are you doing Brian? Are you in for a numbered? Lettered? ALL THREE?
      The GE and numbered for sure! I purchased HHH aftermarket to secure my place in line so that's in the bag. I've had offers to purchased a HHH lettered today to secure a lettered Horns. No way I can swing the purchased to two lettereds at once and honestly have no interested in a lettered HHH. I'll have to take my chances when the lettered goes live Sunday.

P.S. Oh, if you're free this evening, you up for harvesting some innocent souls help pay for this thing?

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Speaking only for myself, I have never purchased a book with thought of future value. If I purchase this it will be because I want to have it on my shelf and feel that the price is reasonable. It will be a tough call.
      Nor do I, Martin. I'm a collector through and through; not a flipper. This is a no-brainer for me even though the cost is going to sting like hell.

On a side note, the announcement was made on what would have been my late nephew's 21st birthday. That's something kinda special to only me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        I'm mostly in alignment with you Martin. I would be buying this book because it is a Suntup book primarily. I feel left out by missing the Misery numbered and Suntup is a publisher I want to collect. I know the quality will be there and I think it looks stunning. I don't mind paying full price in order to secure a copy as well as my number. So to be clear, I'm not buying for investment. HOWEVER price would become a factor if it hits the secondary market and it dips well below what I paid. If that happens, I'll regret the decision to some degree no matter how much I love the book. I'll chastise myself for not waiting and buying when the market determines its worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

On a side note, the announcement was made on what would have been my late nephew's 21st birthday. That's something kinda special to only me as well.
          So sorry to hear about your nephew. I don't know how old he was when he passed, but 21 is much too young to have a posthumous birthday. That's heartbreaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
            I'm out on all options. All editions will be well done and will be gorgeous however this isn't the title for me. I may consider the gift but I'm not sure I liked the book that much and certainly do not see the gift increasing in value. Hope I'm wrong!

From my perspective, I think this is priced a little too high. I could see $550 or so. But from where Paul sits, I'd imagine he's looking at all the number columns from Misery--the credits and debits and the secondary market values--and trying to find the balance where he can produce the quality he's demanding of his projects, keep a solid customer base, and make money. This price will weed out the casual collectors and send them to the Gift Edition. It's also going to weed out the flippers who are grabbing numbers to turn it over on eBay for a nice profit. Because we definitely won't see the crazy jumps on the secondary that we did with Misery, is my guess. And the price might break. This could be one to wait on.

Comment

So sorry to hear about your nephew. I don't know how old he was when he passed, but 21 is much too young to have a posthumous birthday. That's heartbreaking.
              Not to hijack the thread but my family and I truly appreciate it, Jeff. He was 18 when he passed.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about this. I am an only child (so no nephews) but we lost my cousins son unexpectedly at 21. It was and is tough.

Not to hijack the thread but my family and I truly appreciate it, Jeff. He was 18 when he passed.
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about this. I am an only child (so no nephews) but we lost my cousins son unexpectedly at 21. It was and is tough.
                  My condolences to you as well. It's just awful.

Comment

Thanks. It is hard to have memories of changing and feeding a little one, watching them grow, and then burying them. Harder for his mom/dad/and grandparents, I am sure, but still a sad moment for me as well.

My condolences to you as well. It's just awful.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I bought quite a few books which i have perhaps missed ordering upon or never knew existed from some publisher, and having experienced buying so many of these books in after market for far lesser price, I know for sure not every book is profitable. If the objective is to weed out flippers, it will also drive away people for the same reason. 675$ is insane amount for numbered edition of this particular book. Not every book is the same.

I agree with the analysis that there won't be crazy price jumps. I think there are better chances if waited upon. I like to collect and it is not the resale value that bothers me as much as what infinitely bothers me is when i see the book being sold next day at half the price. Hence, I like try to at least make an estimation whether it will hold value or not. Anyways that's just me and of course one can never tell with 100% surety lol.

Comment

The price isn't really that insane when you consider the print run. 250 copies is really low, I'm honestly shocked when any publisher does a run that small, let alone for a low amount of money. Just knowing the time and effort that goes into producing the books. I can't remember which publisher it was (I don't think they are in business anymore) but they did like 150 copy runs for like $125. It's hardly seems worth the effort, given the number of titles you'd have to sell a year just to get by on that low of "profit per project". Just my thoughts though. I suspect they will sell out, just maybe not overnight.
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Thanks. It is hard to have memories of changing and feeding a little one, watching them grow, and then burying them. Harder for his mom/dad/and grandparents, I am sure, but still a sad moment for me as well.
                          Apologies for not seeing this conversation going on in between and posting my comment. Sorry to interrupt with my comment. Please accept my condolences.

Comment

I'm going to have to start selling books.

Comment

Personally, I’m not a fan of the dj art, so I would have to pass for that reason alone.

Comment

Much to young to die. I am so sorry. I have a niece who is 19 and a nephew who is 17 that I have helped raise and could imagine what it would be like to lose one of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X