Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    There's that, but also they are often just padded out with junk. Pins, stickers, patches, stuff you don't really need or even normally want. Loot Crate used to be really bad about it. They'd give you like 15 thins in a box, but all but 1 or 2 things would be junk you'd probably end up just throwing away. They've really paired it down to being 1 or 2 "filler items" and 3 or 4 bigger ticket items. Usually a vinyl figure, a t-shirt, and something else. Honestly it's kinda why we've scaled back on that type of stuff for the CDCC, because most people didn't really care about it at all.
    I joined NRB for Gwendy's and enjoyed it enough to stick around until their demise. The first 8 to 10 months the trinkets were nice. As things went south the quality went down to the point I probably would have cancelled if they had not folded.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      I joined NRB for Gwendy's and enjoyed it enough to stick around until their demise. The first 8 to 10 months the trinkets were nice. As things went south the quality went down to the point I probably would have cancelled if they had not folded.
      My points aren't really in reference to NRB specifically, just "subscription boxes" as a whole. Trinkets are good and all until they aren't or you have too many of them. Also usually when the budget is tight on a box, the trinkets are the first things to drop in quality.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

My points aren't really in reference to NRB specifically, just "subscription boxes" as a whole. Trinkets are good and all until they aren't or you have too many of them. Also usually when the budget is tight on a box, the trinkets are the first things to drop in quality.
        I'm not a trinket guy at all so these boxes never have held an interest to me. I purchased their GBB after the fact although it probably would have been cheaper to just go with that one box. I almost bit on 'Salem's Lot but held off, thank goodness. I liked the things that CD was doing with the CDCC and didn't consider them trinkets. But, I'm still happy with the way they chose to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
          I'm not a trinket guy at all so these boxes never have held an interest to me. I purchased their GBB after the fact although it probably would have been cheaper to just go with that one box. I almost bit on 'Salem's Lot but held off, thank goodness. I liked the things that CD was doing with the CDCC and didn't consider them trinkets. But, I'm still happy with the way they chose to go.
          We're way off topic for this thread, but some of the stuff we did weren't really trinkets (mugs, shirts, hats). But some of the other stuff was kinda trinkety stuff (koozies, book lights, magnetic bookmarks, keychains, I think we did a foam boomerang thing one year).
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

We're way off topic for this thread, but some of the stuff we did weren't really trinkets (mugs, shirts, hats). But some of the other stuff was kinda trinkety stuff (koozies, book lights, magnetic bookmarks, keychains, I think we did a foam boomerang thing one year).
            Agree with the derail. What was the title of Paul's next book again

Spoiler!

Comment

I still have that boomerang.

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                That never interested me because I don't want to spend money and "hope" I like what someone else picks out. Seems too risky to me.
                I’m the same way... I buy the books I want to begin with, and my TBR pile is already too towering to need a bunch of books I either am not familiar with and selected by folks who may not share my particular taste in fiction, or am familiar with but have decided to pass on. I’m also not a big fan of trinkets in general, as it already feels like I have too much crap/stuff to manage and store...so these type of subscription boxes are definitely not for me.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I have been more selective with my book purchases the last few years. I no longer feel the need to own every signed limited edition that CD or Sub Press or any small press publishes. This book is a masterpiece in my opinion and one of my favorite books. So I am happy to be getting this beautiful edition.

Comment

The Road - Suntup Press

They just released a new teaser video for the next book. You guys have been pretty good at guessing what the books are going to be based on the teasers.

https://suntup.press/?utm_source=Sun...eid=f3112df0fc

It immediately made me think of The Road but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                      They just released a new teaser video for the next book. You guys have been pretty good at guessing what the books are going to be based on the teasers.

https://suntup.press/?utm_source=Sun...eid=f3112df0fc

It immediately made me think of The Road but I could be wrong.
                      The video made me think of The Road also.

Comment

I saw The Road as well. Man and child walking in a bleak landscape with bare trees. It is one of my favorite all-time books and certainly would be treated well by Paul.

I highly doubt I will be able to afford it but if it is, The Road, I will certainly give this a hard look.
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Definitely THE ROAD. My favorite book of all time...my heart is racing right now. Stunned and oh so pleased. Can’t wait for the announcement to see what is being offered.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Isn't that one gloomy story ?

Comment

It is a dark story but I think there are some good undercurrents. McCarthy can be a little tough to read (at least for me) but this book never felt bogged down with his flowery/descriptive prose even though it is written that way.

Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post
                              Isn't that one gloomy story ?
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

The only McCarthy book I read is No Country for Old Men and I really enjoyed it. If we are correct I will have to really give it some thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X