Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jigertz View Post
    My guess is for Rosemary's Baby--there's a whole scene where she uses Scrabble tiles to figure out that a character's name is a anagram, and at one point in the trailer, the letters spell out "MARCA," but then the camera stops moving--the last name of the witches, which Rosemary discovers during the Scrabble scene, is Marcado. Or is it Mercado with an "E"? Or do I just want a cool edition of Rosemary's Baby so I'm seeing things that aren't there?
    I think you are correct. Rosemary's Baby it is!

Comment

I agree. I think it’s Rosemary’s Baby. Unless we’re being deliberately misled by the letters used on the tiles, but I don’t think so. Trying to decide how I feel about it. The movie’s phenomenal, but I’ve never read the book. If it is Rosemary’s Baby, how about a new introduction from Roman Polanski with him signing the limited and lettered?

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        I agree. I think it’s Rosemary’s Baby. Unless we’re being deliberately misled by the letters used on the tiles, but I don’t think so. Trying to decide how I feel about it. The movie’s phenomenal, but I’ve never read the book. If it is Rosemary’s Baby, how about a new introduction from Roman Polanski with him signing the limited and lettered?
        I have not read the book and vaguely remember seeing the movie about two lifetimes ago. My thoughts so far are that I would be in for an Artist Gift edition if offered. If Roman Polanski were involved I would pass on any edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          If Roman Polanski were involved I would pass on any edition.
          Amen to that.

I do hope, though, that it is ROSEMARY’S BABY, as I have the signed (by Levin) Easton HC that suits me just fine and allows me to skip this Suntup edition and save some $$$.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I wonder how much the Stephen King Horror Library selections are influencing Paul's choices for the Suntup treatment. Here's the list according to the Stephen King Collector:

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/...tion-t498.html

I've never read Rosemary's Baby, but it's received such acclaim and this is Suntup so I really doubt I'll skip it. Though I sure hope it's priced similarly to Hill House. Price would be the only reason I'd pass. Which means I'm definitely in for an Artist Edition if there is one. Bummer there wasn't one for Hill House. This post is like a conversation I'm having with myself in front of everyone. I'm done now.
            Last edited by jeffingoff; 01-15-2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Well, it's official: ROSEMARY'S BABY. $695 for the limited and $4K for the lettered. The lettered is a beyond-cool production and I'd give dearly to have it...but not $4K dearly. The limited is also quite nice, but seems priced quite high, though I get that the celebrity signature of Jordan Peele has appeal to some that would justify it.

Once again, like the Hill and Jackson books, I'll need to step aside and let others have it, and just enjoy my Easton HC that's signed by Levin. Oh well, I still have my Suntup MISERY... :-)
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I'm really excited that Peele will be signing. I'm a huge fan of his.

Comment

I hope everyone who buys one enjoys it, but WOW those are some big price tags!

Comment

I love the novel, and I was VERY excited about the Peele signature, but.....that price is just insane. Nothing could justify that amount in my mind.
                    http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

This one is an easy pass for me. If an Artist Gift edition was offered I would go for it. This retail for a book that is not on my must have list is simply not something I am willing to do.

Comment

This one is an easy pass for me. If an Artist Gift edition was offered I would go for it. This retail for a book that is not on my must have list is simply not something I am willing to do.
                        I have to tap out too. No doubt it's gorgeous and worth every penny. But I have three kids and one income and I just can't keep playing in the above $500 league. I'd be down for an artist edition. This grieves me to surrender my number, but I have no choice.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                          I have to tap out too. No doubt it's gorgeous and worth every penny. But I have three kids and one income and I just can't keep playing in the above $500 league. I'd be down for an artist edition. This grieves me to surrender my number, but I have no choice.
                          I also passed on Hill House so I have no set to match. I am content with Misery and Horns for now. Unfortunate that no gift edition is available but it just saves me money and shelf space. I am sure this will be a beautiful production and worth every penny but not for me.

Comment

I also passed on Hill House so I have no set to match. I am content with Misery and Horns for now. Unfortunate that no gift edition is available but it just saves me money and shelf space. I am sure this will be a beautiful production and worth every penny but not for me.
                            It was a pretty tough call for me. I really wanted a matching numbered set. It sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                              It was a pretty tough call for me. I really wanted a matching numbered set. It sucks.
                              You are already deep enough in to give you pause. Hill House gave me pause, once I resisted that this one is easy.

Comment

And... Why is not there a Artist Gift Edition? What might be the reason now?

Comment

Working...
                                X