X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Cool, Thanks!
    Well, I got around to watching Paul's Facebook live video this morning. Thanks again Br!an for letting me know I can watch it without registering for Facebook. Turns out I won an ARC of Horn's!
    [QUOTE=Sock Monkey;94433]Thanks for posting the link to the video, Br!an. I avoid facebook and its ilk like the plague so I would have missed out on this.

I don't do Facebook either. I've watched previous videos from Paul on Facebook though, so I knew it would work.

Congrats on the arc, Martin.

Comment

Suntup Press - Fourth Book

So Paul Suntup is now shipping The Haunting of Hill House and in his year end video he announced that a teaser video would be released on January 15th. He also held something very small that was a hint to what the next book would be. So far I have seen speculation that he held up a ring (Paul has already said it is not a ring, disappointing Tolkien fans), a penny and a button.

So Brian861 identified that last announcement right out of the gate. It is now time to begin speculating on the next title from Suntup. I have nothing yet but will keep thinking!

Paul's video is
      https://www.facebook.com/pg/suntupeditions/posts/

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        ...All the pictures I have seen of their books--especially the lettered editions--have been unique and beautiful designs.
        Each edition could have been a small press single "featured" edition; each is that distinctive and nice.
        Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
          I really need to get around to picking up Locke and Key. Does anybody have any input in regards to the Sub Press editions? Are they worth the price point?
          They are very nice but very expensive like Martin said. I have a matching set thus far of the first four volumes that I got from Camelot. Hopefully they'll finish the series eventually. Sub Press that is. If you're just looking to read the books, try your local library. That's what I did.

Comment

Not being a collector of Tolkien, have any of his books been given the limited treatment? I'm still holding out for Rose Mary's Baby at some point. The Invasion of the Body Snatchers for another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
              Not being a collector of Tolkien, have any of his books been given the limited treatment? I'm still holding out for Rose Mary's Baby at some point. The Invasion of the Body Snatchers for another one.
              Easton Press has given their limited treatment to I think the 5 main books. I've always wanted them, but they've always been out of my budget.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                Easton Press has given their limited treatment to I think the 5 main books. I've always wanted them, but they've always been out of my budget.
                Those are the last books I need ANOTHER copy of but I would love to have the Easton Press editions too!

Comment

Not being a collector of Tolkien, have any of his books been given the limited treatment?
                  Folio Society has done Hobbit & LOTR, and HarperCollins has done deluxes (affordable) of those and several more, and super-deluxes (pricey) of two (not the two you'd expect, though).

I'd suggest poking around here if you have an interest: https://www.tolkien.co.uk/.
                  Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

ROSEMARY’S BABY has two signed/limited editions, one from Easton Press and one from Armchair Detective. I own the Easton, and find it the much finer edition of the two.

Easton has done a trade of INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS...I have that one as well, and I think my copy may be specially signed by the frontispiece artist.

I agree that both of these important, impactful books belong — in some form — on the shelf of every fantastical collection.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I appears I will not need to wait to see the ARC. Got a shipping notice this morning.

Excited!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                        ROSEMARY’S BABY has two signed/limited editions, one from Easton Press and one from Armchair Detective. I own the Easton, and find it the much finer edition of the two.

Easton has done a trade of INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS...I have that one as well, and I think my copy may be specially signed by the frontispiece artist.

I agree that both of these important, impactful books belong — in some form — on the shelf of every fantastical collection.
                        Goes to show what I know. Makes one wonder if there's any book that hasn't had some kind of treatment over the years. The well known ones anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
                          Folio Society has done Hobbit & LOTR, and HarperCollins has done deluxes (affordable) of those and several more, and super-deluxes (pricey) of two (not the two you'd expect, though).

I'd suggest poking around here if you have an interest: https://www.tolkien.co.uk/.
                          This is more my wife's bag than mine. I can't buy her limiteds though. She'll do something silly and read it, in the bathtub!

Comment

I appears I will not need to wait to see the ARC. Got a shipping notice this morning.

Excited!
                            Sweet! It'll be even more awesome when you have Joe sign it.

Comment

Excited!
                              Oh that's awesome. Did you get Hill House as well?

Comment

Goes to show what I know. Makes one wonder if there's any book that hasn't had some kind of treatment over the years. The well known ones anyway.
                                There aren’t many, that’s for sure.
                                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
                                X