Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    A Joe Hill book without a signature is like a trade edition hardcover without a dust jacket!

I was floored when he mentioned me and equally as confused when he used my name in the same sentence as cool! It was such a trip and just getting mentioned it felt like I won something!

I'm just going to have to settle for my signed AGE to be the reading copy. You bought an AGE, right?
    Yes, it would appear I will have three copies of Horns. Signed Limited, Signed Artist Gift and Unsigned (For now) Advance Readers Copy. Not sure if he is sending the ARC now or waiting until the book is released but I am excited to read Joe's new introduction.

Comment

Well, there will be at least two weeks between our final payments on HORNS and when the next book will be teased. You won't know what to do with all that extra cash. I'm sure CD will be happy to give you some ideas.
      It'll be burning a hole in my pocket for sure. I'm sure I'll find something to spend it on. I'm still in hock to Betts and Camelot so no rest for the wicked. CD is actually paying me each month. If you can believe that!

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Well, I got around to watching Paul's Facebook live video this morning. Thanks again Br!an for letting me know I can watch it without registering for Facebook. Turns out I won an ARC of Horn's!
      That's awesome, Martin! I didn't realize one of the winners was you. I feel like I'm sitting at the cool kid's table with your win and Jeff's shout out.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      Thanks for posting the link to the video, Br!an. I avoid facebook and its ilk like the plague so I would have missed out on this.

The Haunting of Hill House books look gorgeous, especially that lettered edition. Dear God. There is a part of me regretting not picking up the limited when I had the chance. While Suntup has not had the best luck hooking me in--I'm not a big King fan so Misery was an easy pass, Hill House has a competing edition coming from Centipede, and I was not a big fan of Horns--I'm starting to think I need to jump on the next edition offered. Hopefully it is something a little more in my wheelhouse.
      Sound the alarm and get the Kool-Aid stat! We have a deserter!

Comment

Thanks for posting the link to the video, Br!an. I avoid facebook and its ilk like the plague so I would have missed out on this.

The Haunting of Hill House books look gorgeous, especially that lettered edition. Dear God. There is a part of me regretting not picking up the limited when I had the chance. While Suntup has not had the best luck hooking me in--I'm not a big King fan so Misery was an easy pass, Hill House has a competing edition coming from Centipede, and I was not a big fan of Horns--I'm starting to think I need to jump on the next edition offered. Hopefully it is something a little more in my wheelhouse.
        I gotta say, I paid a shitload of money (for me) on a book I never read by an author I've only half read (I read his collaboration with his dad, titled Throttle) because Paul's attention to detail and quality is borderline supernatural. He considers the entire experience from the anticipation of the pre-order to the thrill of the purchase to the presentation of the book during the unboxing to the tactile reading experience to the items and tokens that surround the story and act as additional accompaniments when you display your Suntup. Every purchase feels like you win something. It's crazy. Maybe the fervor will die down for me, but the affinity will never go away because this is exactly the experience I'm looking for. It's a celebration of the written word at a time when people rush to Twitter to consume snippets.

I happened to love Misery. It's my most re-read King book. Even more than IT and The Stand. So that was a fantastic release and I will forever mourn not being able to secure a numbered edition. But it was the entire experience and quality of the finished product that got me to sign on for the next two.

I almost didn't with Horns because of the price. And I do worry that if future editions will be set at that price or higher, I don't know how long I'll be able to cling on. But I plan on being there as long as I can.

All of that is my way of saying you definitely should try to add at least one Suntup numbered in your collection. Just let me get on the King numbered track first.

Comment

Shit, I think I spilled some Kool Aid on the couch in this forum!

Comment

Shit, I think I spilled some Kool Aid on the couch in this forum!
            That wasn't Kool-Aid, Jeff I'm hoping another King book will be announced so we can get on that track.

Comment

I gotta say, I paid a shitload of money (for me) on a book I never read by an author I've only half read (I read his collaboration with his dad, titled Throttle) because Paul's attention to detail and quality is borderline supernatural. He considers the entire experience from the anticipation of the pre-order to the thrill of the purchase to the presentation of the book during the unboxing to the tactile reading experience to the items and tokens that surround the story and act as additional accompaniments when you display your Suntup. Every purchase feels like you win something. It's crazy. Maybe the fervor will die down for me, but the affinity will never go away because this is exactly the experience I'm looking for. It's a celebration of the written word at a time when people rush to Twitter to consume snippets.

I happened to love Misery. It's my most re-read King book. Even more than IT and The Stand. So that was a fantastic release and I will forever mourn not being able to secure a numbered edition. But it was the entire experience and quality of the finished product that got me to sign on for the next two.

I almost didn't with Horns because of the price. And I do worry that if future editions will be set at that price or higher, I don't know how long I'll be able to cling on. But I plan on being there as long as I can.

All of that is my way of saying you definitely should try to add at least one Suntup numbered in your collection. Just let me get on the King numbered track first.
              You need to read yourself some Hill, he is a great author!

Comment

You need to read yourself some Hill, he is a great author!
                I have PS's The Fireman (signed of course!) sitting on my shelf. I've never read it because so many people have blasted it as his worst and I thought it might be an unfair place to start. I have Strange Weather on order here and I planned on making that my first read. It's definitely going to come down to Horns or Strange Weather. Whichever gets to me first might be the first Hill I read.

Comment

I have PS's The Fireman (signed of course!) sitting on my shelf. I've never read it because so many people have blasted it as his worst and I thought it might be an unfair place to start. I have Strange Weather on order here and I planned on making that my first read. It's definitely going to come down to Horns or Strange Weather. Whichever gets to me first might be the first Hill I read.
                  I would recommend starting with Horn's or Heart Shaped Box. They are my top two books. NOS4A2 and Fireman are less so for me. Locke and Key is as good as writing gets though.

Comment

One of the things that has impressed me about Suntup is their attention to detail in production. All the pictures I have seen of their books--especially the lettered editions--have been unique and beautiful designs. I really like the spacer Paul showed off for Hill House. Just a really smart decision that comes from being a collector.

Now if Horns had been Heart Shaped Box instead. I would have been all over it. I agree with Martin: I think you should start with that one. I LOVED that book. Maybe that's why I was so let down when I read Horns; my expectations were too high. Maybe I should buy a Suntup AGE and give it a reread...

Comment

I would recommend starting with Horn's or Heart Shaped Box. They are my top two books. NOS4A2 and Fireman are less so for me. Locke and Key is as good as writing gets though.
                      Well then the Suntup AGE of Horns it is!

Comment

Maybe I should buy a Suntup AGE and give it a reread...
                        UNBELIEVABLY there are copies still available!

I'll say that the AGE of Misery is outstanding. I'm sure the quality will be the same for the AGE of Horns.

Comment

I really need to get around to picking up Locke and Key. Does anybody have any input in regards to the Sub Press editions? Are they worth the price point?

Comment

UNBELIEVABLY there are copies still available!

I'll say that the AGE of Misery is outstanding. I'm sure the quality will be the same for the AGE of Horns.
                            Here's the thing: if I buy an AGE of Horns, I'll feel this compulsion to track down a copy of Misery as well. Ugh. I might just need to do this. I'm gonna mull it over though. I'd hate to think that this is just due to some spilt Kool-Aid.

Comment

Here's the thing: if I buy an AGE of Horns, I'll feel this compulsion to track down a copy of Misery as well. Ugh. I might just need to do this. I'm gonna mull it over though. I'd hate to think that this is just due to some spilt Kool-Aid.
                              Yeah, you got to stick to your collecting goals!! Don't listen to the whispers that say "HEY it's still early enough to collect all the Suntup AGE's! You can get Horns at the publisher's price RIGHT FROM THE PUBLISHER and you can get Misery from eBay at some pretty reasonable prices (considering that they were higher right after the release). I mean, there are only two Suntup AGEs right now and you can have them both pretty easily. It's still the beginning of the press!"

Do not listen to that voice!

Comment

One of the things that has impressed me about Suntup is their attention to detail in production. All the pictures I have seen of their books--especially the lettered editions--have been unique and beautiful designs. I really like the spacer Paul showed off for Hill House. Just a really smart decision that comes from being a collector.

Now if Horns had been Heart Shaped Box instead. I would have been all over it. I agree with Martin: I think you should start with that one. I LO. VED that book. Maybe that's why I was so let down when I read Horns; my expectations were too high. Maybe I should buy a Suntup AGE and give it a reread...
                                Heart Shaped Box is my favorite Hill novel but Horns is a great read as well. To me Locke and Key is in a class of it's own. I have looked at some of the Sub Press books and they have some really cool extra content (sketches and script elements) but with the fact Sub Press did not finish the set and the outlandish prices they are not for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X