Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 865

Thread: Suntup Editions - All Books

  1. #241
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,948
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by jigertz View Post
    My guess is for Rosemary's Baby--there's a whole scene where she uses Scrabble tiles to figure out that a character's name is a anagram, and at one point in the trailer, the letters spell out "MARCA," but then the camera stops moving--the last name of the witches, which Rosemary discovers during the Scrabble scene, is Marcado. Or is it Mercado with an "E"? Or do I just want a cool edition of Rosemary's Baby so I'm seeing things that aren't there?
    I think you are correct. Rosemary's Baby it is!

  2. #242
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,254
    Rep Power
    14
    I agree. I think it’s Rosemary’s Baby. Unless we’re being deliberately misled by the letters used on the tiles, but I don’t think so. Trying to decide how I feel about it. The movie’s phenomenal, but I’ve never read the book. If it is Rosemary’s Baby, how about a new introduction from Roman Polanski with him signing the limited and lettered?

  3. #243
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,948
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I agree. I think it’s Rosemary’s Baby. Unless we’re being deliberately misled by the letters used on the tiles, but I don’t think so. Trying to decide how I feel about it. The movie’s phenomenal, but I’ve never read the book. If it is Rosemary’s Baby, how about a new introduction from Roman Polanski with him signing the limited and lettered?
    I have not read the book and vaguely remember seeing the movie about two lifetimes ago. My thoughts so far are that I would be in for an Artist Gift edition if offered. If Roman Polanski were involved I would pass on any edition.

  4. #244
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    If Roman Polanski were involved I would pass on any edition.
    Amen to that.

    I do hope, though, that it is ROSEMARY’S BABY, as I have the signed (by Levin) Easton HC that suits me just fine and allows me to skip this Suntup edition and save some $$$.

  5. #245
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    13
    I wonder how much the Stephen King Horror Library selections are influencing Paul's choices for the Suntup treatment. Here's the list according to the Stephen King Collector:

    http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/...tion-t498.html

    I've never read Rosemary's Baby, but it's received such acclaim and this is Suntup so I really doubt I'll skip it. Though I sure hope it's priced similarly to Hill House. Price would be the only reason I'd pass. Which means I'm definitely in for an Artist Edition if there is one. Bummer there wasn't one for Hill House. This post is like a conversation I'm having with myself in front of everyone. I'm done now.
    Last edited by jeffingoff; 01-15-2019 at 02:17 PM.

  6. #246
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    14
    Well, it's official: ROSEMARY'S BABY. $695 for the limited and $4K for the lettered. The lettered is a beyond-cool production and I'd give dearly to have it...but not $4K dearly. The limited is also quite nice, but seems priced quite high, though I get that the celebrity signature of Jordan Peele has appeal to some that would justify it.

    Once again, like the Hill and Jackson books, I'll need to step aside and let others have it, and just enjoy my Easton HC that's signed by Levin. Oh well, I still have my Suntup MISERY... :-)

  7. #247
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    52
    I'm really excited that Peele will be signing. I'm a huge fan of his.

  8. #248
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,415
    Rep Power
    15
    I hope everyone who buys one enjoys it, but WOW those are some big price tags!

  9. #249
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    3
    I love the novel, and I was VERY excited about the Peele signature, but.....that price is just insane. Nothing could justify that amount in my mind.

  10. #250
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,948
    Rep Power
    24
    This one is an easy pass for me. If an Artist Gift edition was offered I would go for it. This retail for a book that is not on my must have list is simply not something I am willing to do.

  11. #251
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    This one is an easy pass for me. If an Artist Gift edition was offered I would go for it. This retail for a book that is not on my must have list is simply not something I am willing to do.
    I have to tap out too. No doubt it's gorgeous and worth every penny. But I have three kids and one income and I just can't keep playing in the above $500 league. I'd be down for an artist edition. This grieves me to surrender my number, but I have no choice.

  12. #252
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,948
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I have to tap out too. No doubt it's gorgeous and worth every penny. But I have three kids and one income and I just can't keep playing in the above $500 league. I'd be down for an artist edition. This grieves me to surrender my number, but I have no choice.
    I also passed on Hill House so I have no set to match. I am content with Misery and Horns for now. Unfortunate that no gift edition is available but it just saves me money and shelf space. I am sure this will be a beautiful production and worth every penny but not for me.

  13. #253
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I also passed on Hill House so I have no set to match. I am content with Misery and Horns for now. Unfortunate that no gift edition is available but it just saves me money and shelf space. I am sure this will be a beautiful production and worth every penny but not for me.
    It was a pretty tough call for me. I really wanted a matching numbered set. It sucks.

  14. #254
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,948
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    It was a pretty tough call for me. I really wanted a matching numbered set. It sucks.
    You are already deep enough in to give you pause. Hill House gave me pause, once I resisted that this one is easy.

  15. #255
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0
    And... Why is not there a Artist Gift Edition? What might be the reason now?

  16. #256
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,895
    Rep Power
    64
    I love this book but not at this price. Looks like this is going to be a beautiful edition. For those who are buying it congratulations in advance.

  17. #257
    Junior Member Visitor becca69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    The First State
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellantoys View Post
    And... Why is not there a Artist Gift Edition? What might be the reason now?
    Some of the contracts don't allow for them.

  18. #258
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,948
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Some of the contracts don't allow for them.
    Paul had stated he was not permitted to release a Gift edition of Hill House. I assumed this was the same situation.

  19. #259
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I have to tap out too. No doubt it's gorgeous and worth every penny. But I have three kids and one income and I just can't keep playing in the above $500 league. I'd be down for an artist edition. This grieves me to surrender my number, but I have no choice.
    That sucks, Jeff but you're doing right by your family. When Paul started the DRE, I had to bow out due to being laid off my job shortly after. That really sucked then and still sucks to this day. But, like yourself, it was the right call at the time. I know you were super excited to be on the non-King track.

  20. #260
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    That sucks, Jeff but you're doing right by your family. When Paul started the DRE, I had to bow out due to being laid off my job shortly after. That really sucked then and still sucks to this day. But, like yourself, it was the right call at the time. I know you were super excited to be on the non-King track.
    Yeah and the book looks fantastic. Had this book been in the $400 range and the next one was $700, then maybe I would have talked myself into it, but it seems the price is going to be around here going forward (maybe?) and I just can't commit to that long term. I'm thrilled to have two editions of Horns coming my way. And congratulations to all who get this one and maintain their number!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •