Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 929

Thread: Suntup Editions - All Books

  1. #201
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,912
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Not being a collector of Tolkien, have any of his books been given the limited treatment? I'm still holding out for Rose Mary's Baby at some point. The Invasion of the Body Snatchers for another one.
    Easton Press has given their limited treatment to I think the 5 main books. I've always wanted them, but they've always been out of my budget.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  2. #202
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Easton Press has given their limited treatment to I think the 5 main books. I've always wanted them, but they've always been out of my budget.
    Those are the last books I need ANOTHER copy of but I would love to have the Easton Press editions too!

  3. #203
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed St. Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Not being a collector of Tolkien, have any of his books been given the limited treatment?
    Folio Society has done Hobbit & LOTR, and HarperCollins has done deluxes (affordable) of those and several more, and super-deluxes (pricey) of two (not the two you'd expect, though).

    I'd suggest poking around here if you have an interest: https://www.tolkien.co.uk/.
    Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

  4. #204
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,652
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Not being a collector of Tolkien, have any of his books been given the limited treatment? I'm still holding out for Rose Mary's Baby at some point. The Invasion of the Body Snatchers for another one.
    ROSEMARY’S BABY has two signed/limited editions, one from Easton Press and one from Armchair Detective. I own the Easton, and find it the much finer edition of the two.

    Easton has done a trade of INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS...I have that one as well, and I think my copy may be specially signed by the frontispiece artist.

    I agree that both of these important, impactful books belong — in some form — on the shelf of every fantastical collection.

  5. #205
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,025
    Rep Power
    25
    I appears I will not need to wait to see the ARC. Got a shipping notice this morning.

    Excited!

  6. #206
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,712
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    ROSEMARY’S BABY has two signed/limited editions, one from Easton Press and one from Armchair Detective. I own the Easton, and find it the much finer edition of the two.

    Easton has done a trade of INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS...I have that one as well, and I think my copy may be specially signed by the frontispiece artist.

    I agree that both of these important, impactful books belong — in some form — on the shelf of every fantastical collection.
    Goes to show what I know. Makes one wonder if there's any book that hasn't had some kind of treatment over the years. The well known ones anyway.

  7. #207
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,712
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Folio Society has done Hobbit & LOTR, and HarperCollins has done deluxes (affordable) of those and several more, and super-deluxes (pricey) of two (not the two you'd expect, though).

    I'd suggest poking around here if you have an interest: https://www.tolkien.co.uk/.
    This is more my wife's bag than mine. I can't buy her limiteds though. She'll do something silly and read it, in the bathtub!

  8. #208
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,712
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I appears I will not need to wait to see the ARC. Got a shipping notice this morning.

    Excited!
    Sweet! It'll be even more awesome when you have Joe sign it.

  9. #209
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,847
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I appears I will not need to wait to see the ARC. Got a shipping notice this morning.

    Excited!
    Oh that's awesome. Did you get Hill House as well?

  10. #210
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,652
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Goes to show what I know. Makes one wonder if there's any book that hasn't had some kind of treatment over the years. The well known ones anyway.
    There aren’t many, that’s for sure.

  11. #211
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,025
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Sweet! It'll be even more awesome when you have Joe sign it.
    Hopefully he swings by here next year.

  12. #212
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,025
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Oh that's awesome. Did you get Hill House as well?
    No, did not like the story well enough to buy the limited. Had they been able to offer a gift edition I would have considered it.

  13. #213
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,025
    Rep Power
    25
    Couldn't be signed by the author as he is deceased but I would love a limited of 'By Reason of Insanity' from Shane Stevens!

  14. #214
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Paul is a class act and has let Dark Regions Press sell both Misery and Horns so far, so whatever the next book is we'll try to reserve copies for DRP customers. Absolutely love what Suntup is doing.

  15. #215
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,712
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Hopefully he swings by here next year.
    Hopefully he'll stop here on the way out to see you.

  16. #216
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,712
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Couldn't be signed by the author as he is deceased but I would love a limited of 'By Reason of Insanity' from Shane Stevens!
    Not a requirement with Paul obviously that the author be living. Ya never know.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Morey View Post
    Paul is a class act and has let Dark Regions Press sell both Misery and Horns so far, so whatever the next book is we'll try to reserve copies for DRP customers. Absolutely love what Suntup is doing.
    Couldn't agree more.

  17. #217
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,025
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Hopefully he'll stop here on the way out to see you.
    Hopefully so. If you haven't been to one his appearances area blast. He has stopped at Powell's in Portland for each nationwide tour. For Strange Weather he never left the North East. So there is hope.

  18. #218
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,847
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Hopefully so. If you haven't been to one his appearances area blast. He has stopped at Powell's in Portland for each nationwide tour. For Strange Weather he never left the North East. So there is hope.
    I'd love to meet Joe Lansdale. But he only goes where the weather is agreeable, the taxes are reasonable, and you won't get shot in the face. Thus, no CHICAGOLAND. Also, almost everything I have from him is signed. So he's like Joe Hill?

    I'd love to meet Josh Malerman too. And Robert McCammon.

  19. #219
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

    I'd love to meet Josh Malerman too. And Robert McCammon.

    McCammon is on my bucket list, along with Stephen R. Donaldson.

  20. #220
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greater Denver Area, Colorado
    Posts
    974
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I'd love to meet Joe Lansdale. But he only goes where the weather is agreeable, the taxes are reasonable, and you won't get shot in the face. Thus, no CHICAGOLAND. Also, almost everything I have from him is signed. So he's like Joe Hill?

    I'd love to meet Josh Malerman too. And Robert McCammon.
    I FINALLY got to meet Lansdale a year (two now?) ago - he was at two Seattle area book stores, but I wasn't able to go to both. He will sign anything and everything - with the exception of ARCs. I tried to play it easy and only bring a limited number of books - I may have limited myself to 15? I did win the raffle for a DVD copy of the first season of Hap & Leonard - AND I snagged the giant book cover sign too since no one else seemed to have wanted it.

    It was a fun evening (I believe Ron was behind me in line?) and I'd love to see him again.

    I'd also love to meet McCammon too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •