Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I'D FILM AN ENTIRE NETFLIX SERIES for a PC copy of the Roman numeral edition. It would be the shittiest Netflix series ever, but I'd do it.
    You have my support! I would watch your Netflix series before I would watch Real Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      You have my support! I would watch your Netflix series before I would watch Real Rob.
      Ditto!

Comment

The new one's up and the intro's glorious.

EDIT: Jeff, there's no number on the signed/#d's limitation page...? It's blank after "This is Copy"...is it a PC edition? I thought you explained you were gifted your previous number again...did I misunderstand?
        Last edited by RonClinton; 11-12-2019, 11:51 PM.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
            The new one's up and the intro's glorious.

EDIT: Jeff, there's no number on the signed/#d's limitation page...? It's blank after "This is Copy"...is it a PC edition? I thought you explained you were gifted your previous number again...did I misunderstand?
            Yeah I emailed Paul and he told me that this was a really strange oversight on his part. He assured me that 23 is still mine up until I Am Legend (I didn't get the Wells set!). Paul deputized me and said I could use a black ink pen and write the number 23 in there myself. I think I'll do a video to commemorate the moment I help create a Suntup edition. I just need to work up the courage to commit those two little numbers above Chuck's name.

I think I said it before in this forum, but these editions are f**king fantastic. Both of them. The numbered is just a treasure. And the gift edition would be amazing at any price but it's unbelievable at the published price. I can't wait to read it.

Comment

Ah. Okay, good to hear there’s a happy ending to this little misadventure…you had me worried for you when I saw that on the video.

Comment

Yeah I emailed Paul and he told me that this was a really strange oversight on his part. He assured me that 23 is still mine up until I Am Legend (I didn't get the Wells set!). Paul deputized me and said I could use a black ink pen and write the number 23 in there myself. I think I'll do a video to commemorate the moment I help create a Suntup edition. I just need to work up the courage to commit those two little numbers above Chuck's name.

I think I said it before in this forum, but these editions are f**king fantastic. Both of them. The numbered is just a treasure. And the gift edition would be amazing at any price but it's unbelievable at the published price. I can't wait to read it.
                Have the wife do it! They write better than us knuckle draggers.

Comment

I think you should see some sample on ebay or somewhere how 2 and 3 is written and copy that style to maintain the consistency or ask Paul for a sample.. who knows if (hopefully not) you have the desire to sell someday i guarantee collectors are quite meticulous lol. Or if you write it get some letter from Paul in his letterhead explaining the mistake. It happened to me on a book from Easton press deluxe edition and they sent me a letter for my keeping as proof when i requested it.
                  Last edited by WebInterceptor; 11-13-2019, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Great unboxing but you need to divert some of your book funds to buy a rake! I would not number the book. A agree with WebInterceptor, get a note from Paul explaining that it is #23 and keep it with the book.

Comment

Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post
                      I think you should see some sample on ebay or somewhere how 2 and 3 is written and copy that style to maintain the consistency or ask Paul for a sample.. who knows if (hopefully not) you have the desire to sell someday i guarantee collectors are quite meticulous lol. Or if you write it get some letter from Paul in his letterhead explaining the mistake. It happened to me on a book from Easton press deluxe edition and they sent me a letter for my keeping as proof when i requested it.
                      I have the numbered editions of The Haunting of Hill House and Horns both with the same number for reference of his style. And I plan on consulting those as well as practicing a bunch of times before committing to the task.

Comment

Great unboxing but you need to divert some of your book funds to buy a rake! I would not number the book. A agree with WebInterceptor, get a note from Paul explaining that it is #23 and keep it with the book.

I've done some modest research and it turns out that raking leaves is harmful for the little creatures who depend the decomposing foliage. So I am an eco-champion. My super power is laziness.

As far as notarization--I have an email or two from Paul if it ever becomes a matter of verifying the value of my collection. And I plan on documenting in video if and when any number is added to the book, so it will all be captured for the historians.

Comment

Best of luck to you. Not that my opinion matters but I like the idea of Suntup sending you something official and leaving it blank. Something similar to a errata sheet. Either way it is your book, and you have permission to add the number, so have fun with it.

I've done some modest research and it turns out that raking leaves is harmful for the little creatures who depend the decomposing foliage. So I am an eco-champion. My super power is laziness.

As far as notarization--I have an email or two from Paul if it ever becomes a matter of verifying the value of my collection. And I plan on documenting in video if and when any number is added to the book, so it will all be captured for the historians.
                          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

If you’re taking a poll, I would number it but get a signed declaration from Paul regarding the matter, and then keep it with the book. Anything less than a printed and signed declaration from Paul risks a potential devaluation of the edition in the future, in my opinion. I know you’ll never sell it, but once they pry it from your cold, dead hands, your estate may run into a hiccup if they try to broker its sale through a knowledgeable broker/dealer.

Comment

Nice video, Jeff! I think that Paul needs to kick you down some of the Suntup money, because after seeing how nice that ROSEMARY limited is, I'm now rethinking my decision to pass on I AM LEGEND and THE TIME MACHINE. I am a indecisive fellow, I tell you.

Comment

Funny you say that because right now I have another tab open to the Suntup IAL page. I also have a tab open for Camelot Books...

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                                Nice video, Jeff! I think that Paul needs to kick you down some of the Suntup money, because after seeing how nice that ROSEMARY limited is, I'm now rethinking my decision to pass on I AM LEGEND and THE TIME MACHINE. I am a indecisive fellow, I tell you.
                                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X