Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Yeah, now that I crossed that line of buying a Suntup title, I'm afraid that I'll begin to get the urge to track down some that I missed (the aforementioned Guests, Hex, and even Blackwater and The Collector considering that I may never be able to afford the Centipede Press editions). Budget concerns have kept impulse Suntup purchases in check, but this one hit the right moment in time with no new newsletter (so no new book for sale) from Centipede for the next couple of weeks and there being a slight lull in Thunderstorm announcements.
    If you can swing it at some point, Guests was an amazing read.  I hadn't read any of the novellas previously, and each one blew me away!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

If you can swing it at some point, Guests was an amazing read. I hadn't read any of the novellas previously, and each one blew me away!
      I'm sure. I've read Jack & Jill and really liked it, and every novella that I've read from KPB has, at the very least, been incredibly solid. There was a PC edition of the lettered edition of Guests that I was watching that went unsold on its first round of auction at opening price of $499 (it sold on the next round) and, while this is a lot of money I don't have, I wish I had just bit the bullet and bought it as (a) I like KPB and (b) the lettered Guests is one of my favorite designs that Suntup has done.

Now, I have just have to decide whether to get the Artist or Numbered edition of Guests. I know that the numbered editions are definite step up in comparison but does anybody have any personal insight as to if those upgrades are worth me blowing my budget on instead of just "settling" for the Artist edition?

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I'm sure. I've read Jack & Jill and really liked it, and every novella that I've read from KPB has, at the very least, been incredibly solid. There was a PC edition of the lettered edition of Guests that I was watching that went unsold on its first round of auction at opening price of $499 (it sold on the next round) and, while this is a lot of money I don't have, I wish I had just bit the bullet and bought it as (a) I like KPB and (b) the lettered Guests is one of my favorite designs that Suntup has done.

Now, I have just have to decide whether to get the Artist or Numbered edition of Guests. I know that the numbered editions are definite step up in comparison but does anybody have any personal insight as to if those upgrades are worth me blowing my budget on instead of just "settling" for the Artist edition?
        I have both the Artist and Numbered edition of Guests. Both are beautiful productions but to be honest I actually like the Artist edition over the Numbered edition. The elements that put the Artist edition over the top are the slipcase and the fabric used. I prefer the Artist edition in both cases. Overall, they are similar, and you can't go wrong with either.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I have both the Artist and Numbered edition of Guests. Both are beautiful productions but to be honest I actually like the Artist edition over the Numbered edition. The elements that put the Artist edition over the top are the slipcase and the fabric used. I prefer the Artist edition in both cases. Overall, they are similar, and you can't go wrong with either.
          Thanks for the feedback, Martin! I was leaning towards the Artist edition mainly due to price--and the dustjacket will match up better with the Classic edition of Kin--but that collector FOMO kicked in rather strong. Ultimately, budget concerns restrict me from being a Suntup collector in general so sticking with the "basic" books will suit me best if or when I decide to dip my toes in further with the publisher. Again, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

There may have been an issue this morning with their email distributions. I received the announcement email at 9:01 this morning but did not receive the matching number email. I asked Rebecca and she showed both sent at 9:00 and she gave me the link. I received the matching number email at 10:08 shortly after I had actually ordered the book.
            Thanks, I have to think it was on their end as my ISP has never had any issue with Suntup's distribution email previously (and it wasn't to be found in my Junk/Spam folder, either). Two-plus days later and it never did arrive; hopefully this was just a one-off.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
            X