Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: Suntup Editions - All Books

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Same in regards to price point. I wanted Misery and The Road but they were beyond my means.

Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    What you said above just about sums up my interest in Suntup Editions. I wish I had gotten the first title Misery. After that I saw nothing that caught my eye. I did as you and ordered just to see what one of their books looks like in person. I can't afford their more expensive offerings.

Cap

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Same in regards to price point. I wanted Misery and The Road but they were beyond my means.
    I've had to do a lot of stretching and rethinking new purchases in order to get my preorders in. more than one $700 book a year is more than I can handle. The silver lining is that you'll never feel like a fool. Because these books have been consistently holding their value and in a lot of cases increasing in value in ways I don't see happening for books from other publishers. Granted, Suntup doesn't print as many books as SubPress or PS Publishing, for example, but even the Suntup AGEs are going for $100 over the published price. There's nothing worse than jumping on a preorder seconds after the window opens to secure a copy of a pricey book only to see that book end up on the secondary at half the cost.

**EDIT** AND with all that I said above, I totally get how others might not be able to even stretch and restructure in order to buy these books. I get it. It's the same thing with knowing I'll NEVER be able to get a Suntup lettered edition. No amount of financial maneuvering will get me there.
    Last edited by jeffingoff; Yesterday at 04:55 PM.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Trust me, if they did a Robert McCammon book I would find a way to make it happen.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    Trust me, if they did a Robert McCammon book I would find a way to make it happen.
    I would too! But I understand this doesn't really break any new ground since I try to make every edition happen. But a McCammon Suntup would be awesome! Especially if it was Wolf's Hour. I know SubPress did it and they did a fantastic job, but I missed out on it. And me missing out on it is the only variable that matters.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    What you said above just about sums up my interest in Suntup Editions. I wish I had gotten the first title Misery. After that I saw nothing that caught my eye. I did as you and ordered just to see what one of their books looks like in person. I can't afford their more expensive offerings.

Cap
    I have an extra copy of Misery (gift edition) still in the shrink wrap. If you'd like it (or want to save up for it), let me know. I'm in no rush to sell it, so it's no problem if you want me to hang on to it for a while.

I paid $115+shipping, and would be happy to sell it to you for the same price plus whatever shipping to you would cost.

MISERY - Limited Edition Signed by Stephen King 1
    Artist Gift Edition $115.00

Subtotal $115.00
    Shipping $23.06
    Total $138.06 USD

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I have an extra copy of Misery (gift edition) still in the shrink wrap. If you'd like it (or want to save up for it), let me know. I'm in no rush to sell it, so it's no problem if you want me to hang on to it for a while.

I paid $115+shipping, and would be happy to sell it to you for the same price plus whatever shipping to you would cost.

Subtotal $115.00
    Shipping $23.06
    Total $138.06 USD
    If c marvel passes, I'm down for this deal (if it's open to others).

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    I'll need a lil time to think about it. Unfortunately I have a lot of expenses at this time. ~Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post

Subtotal $115.00
    Shipping $23.06
    Total $138.06 USD
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

I'll need a lil time to think about it. Unfortunately I have a lot of expenses at this time. ~Cap
    No problem. As I said, I can hang onto it for now.