Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    I can't use Facebook while at work - what was the announcement this morning?
    We have some surprises to share with you today!
    • Our edition of BROTHER by Ania Ahlborn was originally scheduled to begin shipping in early 2020, but we are delighted to report that the books have been completed, and will arrive ahead of schedule. We will begin shipping BROTHER late next week.
    • Several months ago, we published an edition of THE ROAD by Cormac McCarthy. The novel closes with one of the most beautiful and expertly crafted paragraphs of poetic prose. As a thank you to our customers for their support of the press, we will be producing a broadside of that closing paragraph and giving it to you as a gift. To claim your free gift, please visit https://suntup.press/free-gift-2019/ and submit the form by Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 12pm (Noon) PT. Thank you and happy holidays!

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
      We have some surprises to share with you today!
      • Our edition of BROTHER by Ania Ahlborn was originally scheduled to begin shipping in early 2020, but we are delighted to report that the books have been completed, and will arrive ahead of schedule. We will begin shipping BROTHER late next week.
      • Several months ago, we published an edition of THE ROAD by Cormac McCarthy. The novel closes with one of the most beautiful and expertly crafted paragraphs of poetic prose. As a thank you to our customers for their support of the press, we will be producing a broadside of that closing paragraph and giving it to you as a gift. To claim your free gift, please visit https://suntup.press/free-gift-2019/ and submit the form by Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 12pm (Noon) PT. Thank you and happy holidays!
      I was unaware of the Facebook announcement but I did receive an email regarding the Broadside and have submitted my claim form. Very generous of Mr. Suntup.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        I was unaware of the Facebook announcement but I did receive an email regarding the Broadside and have submitted my claim form. Very generous of Mr. Suntup.
        For sure! I don't remember the wording of the paragraph, but I do remember how it landed, the impact knocking all the strength out of me and reducing me to a sobbing mass on mass transit. I will definitely cherish this broadside. Incredibly generous.

And to be publishing and shipping Brother well ahead of schedule after rapid-fire shipping Rosemary's Baby and The Road? That's spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          For sure! I don't remember the wording of the paragraph, but I do remember how it landed, the impact knocking all the strength out of me and reducing me to a sobbing mass on mass transit. I will definitely cherish this broadside. Incredibly generous.

And to be publishing and shipping Brother well ahead of schedule after rapid-fire shipping Rosemary's Baby and The Road? That's spectacular.
          I am receiving Brother via CD so I will not see that for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Very pleased and excited to to see this. I didn't spring for the Suntup edition of THE ROAD, but as it is my favorite book I will treasure this broadside...as soon as I receive it, it's getting framed and hung in a prominent spot in my office/library.

Looking forward, too, of course, to the early arrival of BROTHER.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Paul is on fire of late and this is super generous of him! Really looking forward to 2020.

Comment

I have only ordered I Am Legend by Richard Matheson - the Artist Gift Edition. It did make me eligible to claim the free broadside offer so that is very cool. Thanks Paul Suntup!

Cap
                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                  I have only ordered I Am Legend by Richard Matheson - the Artist Gift Edition. It did make me eligible to claim the free broadside offer so that is very cool. Thanks Paul Suntup!

Cap
                  That's the only thing I've ordered from them as well. Most of their stuff is either outside of my price range or scope of interest, but I decided to order this one just to see what all the hoopla's about. This free broadside offer was a nice surprise and I'm glad I was eligible for it. How generous! It sounds very cool. THE ROAD is far and above my favorite novel from Cormac McCarthy.

Comment

Cool. I ended up ordering this as well. However I did not hear anything about the broadside offer. How were you notified of this or was this just part of the ordering process?

*EDIT* I see there is a link upstream. I did not see an email and I'm not on FB so thanks for the info.

That's the only thing I've ordered from them as well. Most of their stuff is either outside of my price range or scope of interest, but I decided to order this one just to see what all the hoopla's about. This free broadside offer was a nice surprise and I'm glad I was eligible for it. How generous! It sounds very cool. THE ROAD is far and above my favorite novel from Cormac McCarthy.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

What you said above just about sums up my interest in Suntup Editions. I wish I had gotten the first title Misery. After that I saw nothing that caught my eye. I did as you and ordered just to see what one of their books looks like in person. I can't afford their more expensive offerings.

Cap
                      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Same in regards to price point. I wanted Misery and The Road but they were beyond my means.

What you said above just about sums up my interest in Suntup Editions. I wish I had gotten the first title Misery. After that I saw nothing that caught my eye. I did as you and ordered just to see what one of their books looks like in person. I can't afford their more expensive offerings.

Cap
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                          Same in regards to price point. I wanted Misery and The Road but they were beyond my means.
                          I've had to do a lot of stretching and rethinking new purchases in order to get my preorders in. more than one $700 book a year is more than I can handle. The silver lining is that you'll never feel like a fool. Because these books have been consistently holding their value and in a lot of cases increasing in value in ways I don't see happening for books from other publishers. Granted, Suntup doesn't print as many books as SubPress or PS Publishing, for example, but even the Suntup AGEs are going for $100 over the published price. There's nothing worse than jumping on a preorder seconds after the window opens to secure a copy of a pricey book only to see that book end up on the secondary at half the cost.

**EDIT** AND with all that I said above, I totally get how others might not be able to even stretch and restructure in order to buy these books. I get it. It's the same thing with knowing I'll NEVER be able to get a Suntup lettered edition. No amount of financial maneuvering will get me there.
                          Last edited by jeffingoff; 12-13-2019, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Trust me, if they did a Robert McCammon book I would find a way to make it happen.

Comment

Trust me, if they did a Robert McCammon book I would find a way to make it happen.
                              I would too! But I understand this doesn't really break any new ground since I try to make every edition happen. But a McCammon Suntup would be awesome! Especially if it was Wolf's Hour. I know SubPress did it and they did a fantastic job, but I missed out on it. And me missing out on it is the only variable that matters.

Comment

Cap
                                I have an extra copy of Misery (gift edition) still in the shrink wrap. If you'd like it (or want to save up for it), let me know. I'm in no rush to sell it, so it's no problem if you want me to hang on to it for a while.

I paid $115+shipping, and would be happy to sell it to you for the same price plus whatever shipping to you would cost.

MISERY - Limited Edition Signed by Stephen King × 1
                                Artist Gift Edition $115.00

Subtotal $115.00
                                Shipping $23.06
                                Total $138.06 USD

Comment

Working...
                                X