Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 929

Thread: Suntup Editions - All Books

  1. #581
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,025
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Nice and congrats. I'm still flippity flopping on the gift. Looks like there are still a few left.

    While I was doing that I went ahead and looked at the The Road again, wished I could have afforded the Suntup Edition, and then ordered a 1st 1st off of Abebooks.

    Book collecting is kind of like a sickness.
    Thanks. The gift edition is really a beautiful book. If they had produced a gift edition for The Road I would have purchased it but as I have not read it I could not justify the asking price.

    If you ask my wife she would take the 'kind of' part out of your last statement.

  2. #582
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,712
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Shipping notice received for the Limited!
    Me too!

  3. #583
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,025
    Rep Power
    25
    All Suntup editions of Horns are sold out!

  4. #584
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,613
    Rep Power
    13
    Lucky for me. I was going to buy one this weekend. Now I can move on.

    The funny thing is I liked this book but didn't love it. However at the price point, and consumer feedback and photos, I really became convinced I needed a copy of this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    All Suntup editions of Horns are sold out!

  5. #585
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,025
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Lucky for me. I was going to buy one this weekend. Now I can move on.

    The funny thing is I liked this book but didn't love it. However at the price point, and consumer feedback and photos, I really became convinced I needed a copy of this.
    It was a good story for me but not great. I hesitated on the Limited when it was announced and then ended up buying both the Limited and the Artist Gift Edition.

  6. #586
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    York, SC
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Lucky for me. I was going to buy one this weekend. Now I can move on.

    The funny thing is I liked this book but didn't love it. However at the price point, and consumer feedback and photos, I really became convinced I needed a copy of this.
    Same here. I almost pulled the trigger last night, but wanted to sleep on it one more night. Now the decision has been made for me. It's probably a good thing as I wasn't particularly fond of the actual story.

    But damn is that a pretty book...

  7. #587
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,273
    Rep Power
    14
    SO close to pulling the trigger on this one...I’m just being held back by not wanting to go down the rabbit hole with another publisher. Centipede is already filling the spot in my budget for super expensive limited editions. don’t know if I can squeeze another one in.

    But I keep looking at those photos and thinking, “Maybe just THIS one. Maybe...”

  8. #588
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,613
    Rep Power
    13
    As an investment or because you love the author and/or story? Either way I'm sure it will be a beauty.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    SO close to pulling the trigger on this one...I’m just being held back by not wanting to go down the rabbit hole with another publisher. Centipede is already filling the spot in my budget for super expensive limited editions. don’t know if I can squeeze another one in.

    But I keep looking at those photos and thinking, “Maybe just THIS one. Maybe...”

  9. #589
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,273
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    As an investment or because you love the author and/or story? Either way I'm sure it will be a beauty.
    I try to never buy as an investment; I collect books because I love words.

    I’m not familiar with the author beyond what I’ve read on her blog, though I did find what I read quite charming. The story itself sounds right up my alley and what has been shown of the design for the limited...well, that’s kinda in my sweet spot as well.

    See, I’m talking myself into it again...

  10. #590
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,650
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I try to never buy as an investment; I collect books because I love words.

    I’m not familiar with the author beyond what I’ve read on her blog, though I did find what I read quite charming. The story itself sounds right up my alley and what has been shown of the design for the limited...well, that’s kinda in my sweet spot as well.

    See, I’m talking myself into it again...
    If it helps, she uses those words you love very skillfully and effectively. Earlier in this thread I went on in more detail, but I’ll just say again BROTHER was one of my favorite books of the year I read it.

  11. #591
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,273
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    If it helps, she uses those words you love very skillfully and effectively. Earlier in this thread I went on in more detail, but I’ll just say again BROTHER was one of my favorite books of the year I read it.
    Thanks, Ron. I saw your endorsement earlier and that pushed me even closer to pulling the trigger.

    Yeesh, rereading my previous post I sound rather pompous. Sorry it it came off that way, guys.

  12. #592
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,650
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post

    Yeesh, rereading my previous post I sound rather pompous. Sorry it it came off that way, guys.
    On the contrary, I thought you phrased it well and succinctly, and I suspect most of us here feel generally the same.

  13. #593
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,847
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    On the contrary, I thought you phrased it well and succinctly, and I suspect most of us here feel generally the same.
    I'm reading it now and sinking further onto the hook Ania set me on.

  14. #594
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    2
    It's time to read some new authors (at least new to me), getting tired of seeing limited editions of same old books, and sometimes of their terrible books too from some publishers. So i will be getting this. Besides to story line seems good.

  15. #595
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,025
    Rep Power
    25
    "Out for Delivery"

  16. #596
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    "Out for Delivery"
    The mailman is taking his own sweet time.. making me mad

  17. #597
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,025
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by WebInterceptor View Post
    The mailman is taking his own sweet time.. making me mad
    I am at work so it will be waiting for me when I get home. I am thinking about it a lot as I work!

  18. #598
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,847
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I am at work so it will be waiting for me when I get home. I am thinking about it a lot as I work!
    My box will be there waiting for me to slice it open. It would be a fun thing for a publisher to install a chip that causes the box to scream when you gut it or moan when you open it. That's a thought I'm putting out there for any publisher to come and scoop up!

  19. #599
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,613
    Rep Power
    13
    If you send it to me I can guarantee there will be moan once it's opened.

    That really sounds creepy. LOL LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    My box will be there waiting for me to slice it open. It would be a fun thing for a publisher to install a chip that causes the box to scream when you gut it or moan when you open it. That's a thought I'm putting out there for any publisher to come and scoop up!

  20. #600
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,847
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    If you send it to me I can guarantee there will be moan once it's opened.

    That really sounds creepy. LOL LOL
    Hahahahaha that's hilarious! And yeah I guess I make all kinds of sounds on my own.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •