Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Just to be clear, I wasn’t suggesting I was one of the grumblers...I was just musing if this was an issue that Paul was going to have to deal with...
    I understand; often, when I see something good or interesting happen in the world, I think "someone will find a way to complain," and it always happens.
    Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
      That's it - he should never have placed his original order if he didn't know what he was getting for his money (and by the time he asked his question, full details of both editions had been provided on Suntup's website).

Spend your money how you like, but why be a dink about it?
      Not to completely derail this thread, BUT there's another guy in a Facebook group bemoaning the long wait times and missed deadlines in the small publishing world. He's accusing some unnamed presses of running Ponzi schemes. He could avoid it all by simply cancelling his orders and not buying. But I guess he wants the added excitement of complaining?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        Not to completely derail this thread, BUT there's another guy in a Facebook group bemoaning the long wait times and missed deadlines in the small publishing world. He's accusing some unnamed presses of running Ponzi schemes. He could avoid it all by simply cancelling his orders and not buying. But I guess he wants the added excitement of complaining?
        I found out a long time ago there is no use in complaining. When you deal with the small press, delays are going to happen. Case in point, "Turn Down The Lights" is over 5 years and counting. CD has been very good in explaining the reasons for this and I always had the option of cancelling. Hopefully this year?

Comment

Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
          I found out a long time ago there is no use in complaining. When you deal with the small press, delays are going to happen. Case in point, "Turn Down The Lights" is over 5 years and counting. CD has been very good in explaining the reasons for this and I always had the option of cancelling. Hopefully this year?
          I'm waiting right alongside you on that one. I never once considered cancelling. I'm sure it'll be this year. I'm hoping they'll get King to sign copies as a thank you for our patience.

A guy can wish!

Comment

I'm waiting right alongside you on that one. I never once considered cancelling. I'm sure it'll be this year. I'm hoping they'll get King to sign copies as a thank you for our patience.

A guy can wish!
            I got Bev Vincent to sign a trade (first printing) of "Flight or Fright" and was hoping he would get his "buddy" to sign too!

Comment

It occurs to me that being in the business Suntup is in is somewhat like having 10 wives - no matter how well you do what you do, there's always someone who wanted it different.

"It is bad that you didn't do an AGE edition."

"It is bad that you did an AGE edition."

How many targets can you hit with a single arrow?
              Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Hopefully.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I might have to get one from you guys as well so I can display both dust jackets like some sort of conquering king.
                  Hi, my name is Brian. I'm addicted to Suntup (and every other thing book related). I ordered two copies yesterday

Comment

I got Bev Vincent to sign a trade (first printing) of "Flight or Fright" and was hoping he would get his "buddy" to sign too!
                    That would be great. I almost sprang for the Lettered edition just to get Bev's buddy's signature. I settled for the second-most awesome edition. I can't wait to get that book too!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                      Hi, my name is Brian. I'm addicted to Suntup (and every other thing book related). I ordered two copies yesterday
                      Hahahaha, I had to reduce my dosage, but I am also an addict. I can justify getting a second copy ONLY if I use my CD spending account. So if CD gets some I'll probably get one and then stare at them on my shelf in the summer of '19 with their two different spines.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        Also, I might not be authorized to share this, but I heard that Joe Hill is going to sign all editions of Rosemary's Baby. Paul tried to stop him, but Joe got to the signature sheets somehow.

Comment

Also, I might not be authorized to share this, but I heard that Joe Hill is going to sign all editions of Rosemary's Baby. Paul tried to stop him, but Joe got to the signature sheets somehow.
                          I did "spring" for the lettered of "Flight or Fright". $1,500 but I trust CD to do a fabulous job and it will be my first SK lettered!

Comment

I did "spring" for the lettered of "Flight or Fright". $1,500 but I trust CD to do a fabulous job and it will be my first SK lettered!
                            Congrats! Someday I too will own an SK Lettered edition. Even if it means forging his signature and writing a letter inside my trade edition of THE STAND. To make it believable, I'll give myself the letter L.

Comment

Congrats! Someday I too will own an SK Lettered edition. Even if it means forging his signature and writing a letter inside my trade edition of THE STAND. To make it believable, I'll give myself the letter L.
                              Just make sure you check for typos. Nobody wants a forged letter with typos. So tacky.

Comment

Now, that's funny LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X