Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    My local Ben Franklin craft store. The frame has a nice charred look that mirrors the post-apocalyptic theme of the book; it was $18. The matting was $6. I hesitated to cover up the Suntup name and date, but it was $25 for the ready-made matting and frame vs $200ish for custom, so went the cheaper route, and I think it still looks great.
    Looks good!

Comment

Okay. Thanks. Sadly I don't have that store here. I know my local Michael's doesn't have anything like this.

Looks great and congrats.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      My local Ben Franklin craft store. The frame has a nice charred look that mirrors the post-apocalyptic theme of the book; it was $18. The matting was $6. I hesitated to cover up the Suntup name and date, but it was $25 for the ready-made matting and frame vs $200ish for custom, so went the cheaper route, and I think it still looks great.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Thanks, guys.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I love it Ron. I passed on this even though it was free. Just no where to put it

Comment

Received my shipping notice for Brother this morning. Had the book waiting for me when I got home. I had very high expectations for this edition based on the photos I have seen. The book exceeds those high expectations!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              Received my shipping notice for Brother this morning. Had the book waiting for me when I got home. I had very high expectations for this edition based on the photos I have seen. The book exceeds those high expectations!
              Same here. I thought City of Mirrors had arrived but it was Brother. What a beautiful book

Comment

Oh, man. The email with the new pics of the upgraded limited edition of I Am Legend came this morning. That book looks fantastic. Once again, I'm doing that "can I swing a copy if I sell a kidney?" dance. For those that got one, I am super-jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  Oh, man. The email with the new pics of the upgraded limited edition of I Am Legend came this morning. That book looks fantastic. Once again, I'm doing that "can I swing a copy if I sell a kidney?" dance. For those that got one, I am super-jealous.
                  I am thrilled with the update. I was very happy with what I saw before, but this redesign is gorgeous. As always, I know pics of Suntup editions don't do his books justice so I've been looking forward to holding this book and feeling that velum.

Comment

No email. Not to be a jerk but which one is the limited?

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                    I am thrilled with the update. I was very happy with what I saw before, but this redesign is gorgeous. As always, I know pics of Suntup editions don't do his books justice so I've been looking forward to holding this book and feeling that velum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                      No email. Not to be a jerk but which one is the limited?
                      Hahahaha, why would questioning that make you a jerk?? You're not a jerk in my book!

Here it is: https://shop.suntup.press/collection...mbered-edition

Comment

Those photos make me glad I do not care for the story. Makes passing on the book easier. The photos show what I am sure will be a fantastic presentation.

Comment

Yes, this upgrade looks nice. I thought it looked a bit underwhelming before, especially at that price point, but as Jeff said, Suntup books just feel fantastic in your hands. I'm glad Paul decided he wasn't happy with the original design.

Comment

Not sure why I felt like a jerk when I typed that. LOL LOL

Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                            Hahahaha, why would questioning that make you a jerk?? You're not a jerk in my book!

Here it is: https://shop.suntup.press/collection...mbered-edition

Comment

That upgrade looks great! It can't come soon enough. Neither can the next book announcement, for that matter. I know it's right around the corner and all, but I'm still antsy!

Comment

So now I think Paul at Suntup is gunning for me. Yesterday he posts a great update to the limited that hits the sweet spot in design for me. Yet, I fight back with an iron will, stating that the price is still too high.

Now today comes and Paul sends out an email with a great update to the Artist Edition that honors the original paperback with a picture/mock up of the Artist Edition that looks great AND is still at a great price. THEN he decides to offer that cover as a print... He's got me in his sights, folks...

Comment

Working...
                                X