Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 929

Thread: Suntup Editions - All Books

  1. #901
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,850
    Rep Power
    13
    I got my copy of The Road and it is a fantastic production. Another example of a book that needs to be held to be appreciated. The weight, texture, and smell are all things I can't deliver in video. And every page looks like it's covered in ash. Such a wonderful effect.


  2. #902
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,028
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I got my copy of The Road and it is a fantastic production. Another example of a book that needs to be held to be appreciated. The weight, texture, and smell are all things I can't deliver in video. And every page looks like it's covered in ash. Such a wonderful effect.

    Nice video. I did not purchase this one so I am unable to fully appreciate it. If you would kindly send me your copy I will hold it a bit and then get it right back to you. Thank you!

  3. #903
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,028
    Rep Power
    25
    Well your enthusiasm for the story combined with an Audible sale finally pushed me off the ledge on this one. I will be listening to the story sometime in December. If I don't like it I am holding you personally responsible!
    Last edited by Martin; 11-30-2019 at 12:21 AM.

  4. #904
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,903
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Well your enthusiasm for the story combined with an Audible sale finally pushed me off the ledge on this one. I will be listening to the story sometime in December. If I don't like it I am holding you personally responsible!
    The Road is so good that if you don't like it I'll stop giving Jeff a hard time about his displeasure with Bentley Little.

  5. #905
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,028
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    The Road is so good that if you don't like it I'll stop giving Jeff a hard time about his displeasure with Bentley Little.
    Well I better like it then!

  6. #906
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,712
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Well I better like it then!
    The story is just so so for me but the Suntup production is great!

  7. #907
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,028
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    The story is just so so for me but the Suntup production is great!
    I passed on the Suntup edition so I will being reading via Audible.

  8. #908
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,850
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Well your enthusiasm for the story combined with an Audible sale finally pushed me off the ledge on this one. I will be listening to the story sometime in December. If I don't like it I am holding you personally responsible!
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    The Road is so good that if you don't like it I'll stop giving Jeff a hard time about his displeasure with Bentley Little.
    This is a very low risk gamble. So I expect to be getting grief about my Little rage for the foreseeable future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Well I better like it then!
    I certainly hope you enjoy it at least half as much as I did. I'm long overdue for a re-read.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    The story is just so so for me but the Suntup production is great!
    That's too bad. I imagine I feel about this book the way you feel about Horns. At least as it relates to a favorite book getting the Suntup treatment.

  9. #909
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,655
    Rep Power
    14
    Video was great as always, Jeff. I still know I did the right thing on passing on it, even though it’s my favorite book, but your video certainly gave me some pangs of regret.

  10. #910
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,712
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    That's too bad. I imagine I feel about this book the way you feel about Horns. At least as it relates to a favorite book getting the Suntup treatment.
    I'm not sure Horns will ever be top for me production wise on the numbered. The enclosed slipcase, snakeskin, it's just hard to beat IMO even if you don't care for the book. RB is my second favorite thus far and I really love that story as well.

  11. #911
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,850
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Video was great as always, Jeff. I still know I did the right thing on passing on it, even though it’s my favorite book, but your video certainly gave me some pangs of regret.
    Well, that was the most I could hope for! I am bummed that you didn't join me in THE ROAD IS THE ULTIMATE BOOK AND SUNTUP MADE THE ULTIMATE EDITION OF SAID BOOK treehouse, but I respect your decision. Oddly, it seems I have no one to share my glee with--considering that Brian is sitting over there in his THE ROAD WAS JUST OKAY BUT THE PRODUCTION OF THE BOOK IS KILLER treehouse. So either the book is fantastic but the production is wanting or it's the other way around. And then there's me, just completely high off of this Cormac McCarthy Suntup edition.

  12. #912
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,712
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Well, that was the most I could hope for! I am bummed that you didn't join me in THE ROAD IS THE ULTIMATE BOOK AND SUNTUP MADE THE ULTIMATE EDITION OF SAID BOOK treehouse, but I respect your decision. Oddly, it seems I have no one to share my glee with--considering that Brian is sitting over there in his THE ROAD WAS JUST OKAY BUT THE PRODUCTION OF THE BOOK IS KILLER treehouse. So either the book is fantastic but the production is wanting or it's the other way around. And then there's me, just completely high off of this Cormac McCarthy Suntup edition.
    I'm still sitting in the Horns tree house of the mind sniffing my two copies. But, you're more than welcome to bring over The Road for a visit. Just be careful that you don't wake RB. He can be cranky and starts getting all apocalyptic

  13. #913
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,850
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I'm still sitting in the Horns tree house of the mind sniffing my two copies. But, you're more than welcome to bring over The Road for a visit. Just be careful that you don't wake RB. He can be cranky and starts getting all apocalyptic
    I'll bring HORNS23 along.

  14. #914
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,712
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I'll bring HORNS23 along.
    Play date!

  15. #915
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,028
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    The Road is so good that if you don't like it I'll stop giving Jeff a hard time about his displeasure with Bentley Little.
    It looks like you will be permitted to continue correcting Jeff regarding this. About 80% through and I am really enjoying The Road.

  16. #916
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,273
    Rep Power
    14
    Got the email announcement of the next lettered edition from Suntup. Yup, that's an easy pass. I've never read the book and I'm sure that it worth all the acclaim, just not in my wheelhouse.

  17. #917
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,656
    Rep Power
    2014
    I love when my phone replies to a different thread than the one Iím in... sigh.

    Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  18. #918
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,028
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Got the email announcement of the next lettered edition from Suntup. Yup, that's an easy pass. I've never read the book and I'm sure that it worth all the acclaim, just not in my wheelhouse.
    Actually it is a very good story. If it was available in a $200 edition I would probably jump on it, but not at this price point.

  19. #919
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,850
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Got the email announcement of the next lettered edition from Suntup. Yup, that's an easy pass. I've never read the book and I'm sure that it worth all the acclaim, just not in my wheelhouse.
    Yeah, not my bag either, but I love that Paul is doing it. There is certainly a market for it and he's said all along that he's producing the works he'd love to honor. I think Brother, as book by a largely unknown author, was a bigger risk than this one. So I'm glad he's willing to take those risks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Actually it is a very good story. If it was available in a $200 edition I would probably jump on it, but not at this price point.
    The fact that Paul picked it and now seeing you recommend it, I'm curious to read it.

  20. #920
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,655
    Rep Power
    14
    As soon as I saw the announcement, I raced over here to see just how ardent Jeff's passion for Suntup was and what lengths it would stretch. Sounds like you're up for a copy, Jeff?

    Easy pass for me, but it's interesting to see a publisher branch out to different genres and audiences. Even still, the selection of this one surprises me, but I sure wish Paul success with it.

    EDIT: I raced away too quickly...taking time to actually read the email, I see it's a 26-copy lettered just shy of $2K. If memory serves, Jeff's not on the lettered track, so ignore the query above...unless, of course, this has swayed you, Jeff, to change your track?
    Last edited by RonClinton; 12-06-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •