Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Book Left to Read

May be a bit of a morbid question however I will ask it anyway:

If you were diagnosed with a terminal disease or ailment which book would you like to read/reread before you pass?

For me this is an almost impossible question to answer. I think I would probably want to reread The Hobbit or The Gunslinger. Both had tremendous impacts in my life.

I would also imagine I would pick up and start reading the Bible again.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

I think I'm one of those people that would never read again, although it's my favorite way to pass the time (or nearly so).

If I had to pick one, I guess it would be something short and meaningful (as opposed to simply entertaining), and at the moment, A Christmas Carol is the only thing that leaps to mind.
    Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Running with the Demon by Terry Brooks. It's gotta be one of my favorite books ever. That whole trilogy is fantastic.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

The Stand.

Comment

I'd probably stop reading and spend what time I had left with my kids.
          Of course, I'd love to read the ending of A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE, but I probably WILL be dead before that happens.
          http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Good one. I hadn't read that book in ages.

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            Running with the Demon by Terry Brooks. It's gotta be one of my favorite books ever. That whole trilogy is fantastic.

Comment

There are so many books on my tbr list, but I would probably settle down with The Stand also.

Comment

Probably Ken Grimwood’s REPLAY.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  This book has popped up a few times recently via my social media travels (I’m limping this here forum an others into the social media bucket.)

For some reason I believe that I own a copy, I’ll have to check and if so, move that up in the TBR pile.

Comment

I haven't read them but perhaps the 50 Shades books or maybe the Twilight books. Death wouldn't seem so bad after that, maybe....
                    Last edited by Tommy; 09-20-2018, 03:53 AM.

Comment

EDIT: But of course I was merely joking. The last book would have to be Walking with Ghosts by BJF. (He still reads these posts right?).

Comment

One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest. Simply one of my favorite novels of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                          This book has popped up a few times recently via my social media travels (I’m limping this here forum an others into the social media bucket.)

For some reason I believe that I own a copy, I’ll have to check and if so, move that up in the TBR pile.
                          You definitely should...it's one of my favorite books, and I think a very appropriate end-of-life read in that it provokes thought about one's choices in life, both good and bad/regretful, and yet is immensely life-affirming. It won the 1988 World Fantasy Award for Best Novel, and for good reason.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Tommy. Doesn't reading those books earn you an automatic spot in you know where? LOL LOL

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                            I haven't read them but perhaps the 50 Shades books or maybe the Twilight books. Death wouldn't seem so bad after that, maybe....

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              Good one! I really liked this book. So good, yet not talked about that much.

Comment

Working...
                              X