Thread: Any Updates for Mr. Kelly?

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar

Any Updates for Mr. Kelly?

I hadn't heard about anything new with this author for awhile now. I'm not on FB so maybe I'm missing updates of some type.

I know he had some personal issues but beyond that I lost track. I hope all is well with him.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour goathunter's Avatar
    On August 17, he posted this on Facebook:

I'm working on the Secret Writing Project again tonight. Adding a few familiar faces to the narrative, too... folks that a lot of you might know. A little weird using non-imaginary characters in a novel for a change, but given the kind of book SWP is, I'd say they fit in right nicely.
    Hunter

Thank you Mr. Hunter. I'm glad to hear he is writing.

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    On August 17, he posted this on Facebook:

Hunter

If any additional info can be shared please do so when you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    If any additional info can be shared please do so when you can.
    On September 18, Ron posted this on FB:

For the first time in a very long time, I am actually writing after coming come from work, instead of binge-watching Netflix or doing a dozen other unproductive things. As it looks right now, the Secret Writing Project may just have a pre-Halloween release boasting a trade paperback and e-book, with a special edition hardcover and audio-book soon to follow.

Double post removed...

I'm glad he is working on something new. Thanks for the update, Mr. Goatley.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Mr. Kelly just posted the following on Twitter:

Lissanne Lake’s wraparound cover painting for my upcoming zombie novel THE BUZZARD ZONE.Buzzard Zone.jpg

Very cool and thank you for sharing. Since I'm part of the anti-social network I miss these things all the time. Any idea who is publishing this?

Very cool and thank you for sharing. Since I'm part of the anti-social network I miss these things all the time. Any idea who is publishing this?
    This is a reply from Ronald on FB regarding the release:

"We’re hoping for a paperback & digital book release before Halloween and the Thunderstorm limited hardcover sometime in early or mid 2019."

eBook is from Crossroads Press:
    buzzard_zone.jpg

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    I can't wait!! Ron's books are fantastic!

Thanks to your enthusiasm years ago I started reading him as well. Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I can't wait!! Ron's books are fantastic!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Thanks to your enthusiasm years ago I started reading him as well. Thank You!
    Wow, that's awesome! You're welcome.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Well, it looks like I'll have to delve back into Thunderstorm again as I don't think I can miss out on a Ronald Kelly limited.

I'm not sure I will have the funds but I will try as well. It would stink not to have a matching set.

Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Well, it looks like I'll have to delve back into Thunderstorm again as I don't think I can miss out on a Ronald Kelly limited.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    I'm about as burnt out on zombie fiction as one can be, but I do plan to make an exception for this new one of Kelly's...I really enjoy his stuff.

One of my biggest regrets in collecting is when I had a sweet deal all lined up on the multi-volume Thunderstorm Ronald Kelly Essentials Library, and decided to pass on it. Mind you, I had this opportunity come my way twice (from two different sellers who were motivated to move the books), and both times I walked away. Stupid, stupid, stupid...

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I'm about as burnt out on zombie fiction as one can be, but I do plan to make an exception for this new one of Kelly's...I really enjoy his stuff.

One of my biggest regrets in collecting is when I had a sweet deal all lined up on the multi-volume Thunderstorm Ronald Kelly Essentials Library, and decided to pass on it. Mind you, I had this opportunity come my way twice (from two different sellers who were motivated to move the books), and both times I walked away. Stupid, stupid, stupid...
    I've kind of toyed with the idea of tracking down the Thunderstorm Ronald Kelly set, but I just haven't gotten around to it. I sold off almost my entire Thunderstorm collection a while back to focus on other publishers (nothing against TSB, just a change of focus), but kind of regret getting rid of some of the books, especially the Elementals. I'm not big on all of TSB's novel selections, but the novellas were more in my wheelhouse. I've been thinking about trying to pick those up again.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    I've kind of toyed with the idea of tracking down the Thunderstorm Ronald Kelly set, but I just haven't gotten around to it. I sold off almost my entire Thunderstorm collection a while back to focus on other publishers (nothing against TSB, just a change of focus), but kind of regret getting rid of some of the books, especially the Elementals. I'm not big on all of TSB's novel selections, but the novellas were more in my wheelhouse. I've been thinking about trying to pick those up again.
    I'm somewhat of the same mind. I don't have a large number of Thunderstorm Books because the editorial choices and author choices are, more often than not, not really up my alley, and at the prices charged I can't often afford to take a gamble. But I do have a very modest number of their releases, and I'm always impressed with the production qualities used and the attention to detail...Paul produces beautiful books, and I can objectively understand why some people collect his press with such adoration.