Misery ? - Other Thread was Very Cluttered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misery ? - Other Thread was Very Cluttered

I completely missed out on this SK edition. If I'd paid more attention I might have an affordable Artist Gift Edition. I see they were going for $110 before shipping. Now, on eBay (Just one example) what appears to be the same edition goes for well over $200. I know SK is basically an industry, people love getting fancy editions of SK books. This one seems to have immediately gone up on value on the secondary market. More than any SK book I've observed. Is this normal?

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

The artist edition seems to be selling on ebay for around about $250. It's definitely a fairly rapid rise given that it's just been released.

The signed numbered and lettered seem to be rising even faster. This is probably because buying these copies will give the purchaser the right to buy future King editions released by Suntup (should they release any more).
    It was also a very low print run and many copies were already spoken for by people who had previously purchased certain Suntup titles.

Comment

I think you can expect the price on the Artist Gift edition to remain steady and then steadily increase. I doubt it will get any cheaper. There was one eBayer selling the AE for $175--but they sold all 25 of their copies.

The other editions will be ridiculously crazy high until the next King book is published and the right of first refusal is transferred to it. Then they will just be crazy high.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        I think you can expect the price on the Artist Gift edition to remain steady and then steadily increase. I doubt it will get any cheaper. There was one eBayer selling the AE for $175--but they sold all 25 of their copies.

The other editions will be ridiculously crazy high until the next King book is published and the right of first refusal is transferred to it. Then they will just be crazy high.
        There seems to be an assumption that Suntup will produce another King book. I haven't seen any indication from the company that this is the case.
        People who wish to cash in on the numbered edition may be better off selling now rather than waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
          There seems to be an assumption that Suntup will produce another King book. I haven't seen any indication from the company that this is the case.
          People who wish to cash in on the numbered edition may be better off selling now rather than waiting.
          As someone who owns a SL of Misery, there is some significant temptation to sell because of those two $4k sales. Heck, there's some temptation to sell the AGE as well (200% of what I paid is a hell of a return!)

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
            I can't imagine that Paul won't do another King book. I'd be shocked. King is the axis upon which Suntup spins. Every cover in the covers collection is a King novel. And the only artist portfolio is The Eyes of the Dragon. And before that, the Dragon Rebound books are all King books. So I'm sure that Paul is gunning for another King book. If Suntup doesn't do another King book, it won't be because Paul didn't try. I don't know which one, but there are a few worthy candidates. Also, King must be pleased by the quality of Misery. He signed on literally. The fans all LOVE the book. I just couldn't imagine King not going along for at least one more book.

Of course nothing is definite. It might not be the next book or the next few books, but fans will be pining for another King book. And Paul will be working toward it. The only roadblock would be King himself.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
              As someone who owns a SL of Misery, there is some significant temptation to sell because of those two $4k sales. Heck, there's some temptation to sell the AGE as well (200% of what I paid is a hell of a return!)
              Someone's got a S/L on eBay that didn't sell the first time at a starting bid of $4000. And they've relisted it with a starting bid of $4000 They are probably late to the party on cashing in at 4k IMO. I think if they listed the book at a lot lower starting bid, it'd sell somewhere between 3K-3.5K. I think once all the dust settles and another King is released, it'll probably hover around 2.5K.

I'm not currently in the market right now at those prices but I could see myself buying one 5 or 6 years from now.

Comment

$3000 would still be a nice profit!

Still crazy that this book’s value jumped so high so fast. I also still can’t believe I was able to get a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                  $3000 would still be a nice profit!

Still crazy that this book’s value jumped so high so fast. I also still can’t believe I was able to get a copy.
                  No doubt!

Comment

Working...
                  X