Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardinal Black by Robert McCammon

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Looking forward to grabbing a signed trade CD HC from his Albama Wordsmith (or whatever that store is called) signing. I started this one off with signed trades rather than S/Ls, and have been able to muster the willpower to keep it that way, including this SST edition (which I'm sure will be lovely...they really do a nice job with their stuff).

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Looking forward to grabbing a signed trade CD HC from his Albama Wordsmith (or whatever that store is called) signing. I started this one off with signed trades rather than S/Ls, and have been able to muster the willpower to keep it that way, including this SST edition (which I'm sure will be lovely...they really do a nice job with their stuff).
    It took all my willpower to resist Cardinal Black--first as a CD limited and then as an SST limited (and I believe their first Lettered edition?). What helps with the willpower is spending all your money on signatures. I had to say no.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour goathunter's Avatar

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    I picked up four of the series as signed trades from Alabama Booksmith, and an unsigned Deluxe version form somewhere else. Cardinal Black will be my first S/L of the series.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    I have noticed that they always have a good selection of McCammon.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I have noticed that they always have a good selection of McCammon.
    I picked up a ton of McCammon books from them quite awhile back (plus some other random first signed offerings as they come in.) Highly recommended!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I picked up a ton of McCammon books from them quite awhile back (plus some other random first signed offerings as they come in.) Highly recommended!
    I concur, they are great to deal with.

Unfortunately, Cardinal Black has a new release date: April 30, 2019.

https://www.cemeterydance.com/extras...april-30-2019/
    Last edited by goathunter; 12-29-2018 at 04:38 AM.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    That's sooner than I was expecting, so....I'm excited to get it THAT soon.

Junior Member Lurker
    I also can't wait to read this book.

Junior Member Lurker
    hello to everyone I read the first as two separate paperbacks from pocket books I think this is Great series.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    The book launch for Cardinal Black will take place at The Alabama Booksmith in Birmingham, AL, on Saturday, April 20, 2019, at 2 PM CDT! Robert McCammon will be on hand for a reading/Q&A session and for a book signing session.

CARDINAL BLACK LAUNCH PARTY.jpg

For more info:

https://www.robertmccammon.com/2019/...mith-april-20/

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    4 hour drive (one way) for me. I wish it were a little closer as I would love to meet him.

Edit: Maybe I can convince my wife to go with me.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    It is a 7 hour drive for me but I'm still going to attend. I've been waiting for one of these McCammon launch events to take place on a Saturday for years and I'm not going to miss the opportunity this time. He has always been my favorite author and I am really looking forward to meeting him finally.

If I can make it I will let you know. It's always fun to meet an author and other collectors. For whatever reason I really enjoy "Gone South" and have an ARC that I would really like to have signed. His newer work doesn't grab me but I love almost all the older stuff and "The Five".

I don't do well driving distances anymore but this certainly may be worth the discomfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    It is a 7 hour drive for me but I'm still going to attend. I've been waiting for one of these McCammon launch events to take place on a Saturday for years and I'm not going to miss the opportunity this time. He has always been my favorite author and I am really looking forward to meeting him finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    That's awesome! Safe travels and I'm sure it'll be a trip you'll cherish.

I'd love to go myself. The agency I work for has a client in Birmingham, but I'm not on the account! It would be awesome if I had a work trip out that way at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    If I can make it I will let you know. It's always fun to meet an author and other collectors. For whatever reason I really enjoy "Gone South" and have an ARC that I would really like to have signed. His newer work doesn't grab me but I love almost all the older stuff and "The Five".

I don't do well driving distances anymore but this certainly may be worth the discomfort.
    I'd definitely consider it if I was only 4 hours away. McCammon is one of the best.

**edit** Of course that's just me! I'm only saying that I'm jealous of the closer proximity and I don't think I'd be able to resist going. I wasn't saying anything about your situation. Not everyone enjoys a road trip as much as I do.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    I keep hoping one day McCammon will do a Chicago event...maybe someday.

I used to love road trips until arthritis set in. I'm certainly interested in going and may go regardless of the pain. I wish I had a 1st 1st of Swan Song or Boy's Life which certainly would have nudged me a little more into going.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I'd definitely consider it if I was only 4 hours away. McCammon is one of the best.

**edit** Of course that's just me! I'm only saying that I'm jealous of the closer proximity and I don't think I'd be able to resist going. I wasn't saying anything about your situation. Not everyone enjoys a road trip as much as I do.