No announcement yet.

Cardinal Black by Robert McCammon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I wasn't suggesting anything underhand. I was thinking that because 95% of Subterranean's output is now sci-fi and fantasy McCammon's books were seeming out of place and perhaps either the publisher or author had suggested a switch to a more compatible home.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonUK View Post
      No, I wasn't suggesting anything underhand. I was thinking that because 95% of Subterranean's output is now sci-fi and fantasy McCammon's books were seeming out of place and perhaps either the publisher or author had suggested a switch to a more compatible home.
      Good point.

Comment

Anyone know / willing to say what prompted the change of publisher from Subterranean to CD for this series?
        Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
        Maybe publishing schedules?? I don't suspect anything nefarious. I think both publishers have a good working relationship.
        Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
        Good point.
        Or maybe Don Chizmar made McCammon an offer he couldn't refuse?

Comment

McCammon chose to find a new home for his books.

Comment

Originally posted by goathunter View Post
            McCammon chose to find a new home for his books.
            Thanks Hunter.

Comment

I'm not sure how long it's been up there, but the finished cover for Cardinal Black is awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                I'm not sure how long it's been up there, but the finished cover for Cardinal Black is awesome!!!
                I agree! I love the font and the artifacts in the corners. The artwork itself is amazing! Vincent Chong knocked it out of the park on this one!

mccammon04.jpg

Comment

LOVE that cover!!

sk

Comment

Brilliant!

Comment

Since CD's limited and lettered editions are long-soldout, I thought I'd post this here.

From UK publisher SST Publications:

I’m thrilled to announce SST is publishing @RobertMcCammon’s new novel CARDINAL BLACK in 2 very special signed limited editions. A Silk bound Slipcased Hardcover & Deluxe bound Traycased Hardcover. You can read more & reserve your copy here: https://sstpublications.co.uk/Cardinal-Black.html

Comment

Looking forward to grabbing a signed trade CD HC from his Albama Wordsmith (or whatever that store is called) signing. I started this one off with signed trades rather than S/Ls, and have been able to muster the willpower to keep it that way, including this SST edition (which I'm sure will be lovely...they really do a nice job with their stuff).
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                          Looking forward to grabbing a signed trade CD HC from his Albama Wordsmith (or whatever that store is called) signing. I started this one off with signed trades rather than S/Ls, and have been able to muster the willpower to keep it that way, including this SST edition (which I'm sure will be lovely...they really do a nice job with their stuff).
                          It took all my willpower to resist Cardinal Black--first as a CD limited and then as an SST limited (and I believe their first Lettered edition?). What helps with the willpower is spending all your money on signatures. I had to say no.

Comment

http://alabamabooksmith.com/

Comment

I picked up four of the series as signed trades from Alabama Booksmith, and an unsigned Deluxe version form somewhere else. Cardinal Black will be my first S/L of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by goathunter View Post
                                I have noticed that they always have a good selection of McCammon.

Comment

Working...
                                X