THE MEG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE MEG

Any other fans of undersea carnage planning to see THE MEG this weekend? We just got back from an IMAX matinee (VERY disappointed that they're not showing it in IMAX 3D!), and we had a good time. My wife thought it was scary (It had the Godzilla vibe, she said....), my son didn't like it because it had too many moments that scared him (He's nine), and I thought it was a decent summer popcorn flick. I've been waiting for this film since I read Steve Alten's novel decades ago, and, while it had almost nothing to do with the book, it did capture the feel and the spirit of the original story. I would have liked it if the film hd a more horrific feel, and certainly more gore, but.....we had a good time.
    http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

My daughter saw it and liked it quite a bit, but her taste is suspect (thought The Sixth Sense and Seven were boring, loved the rather cliched teenage drama Everything, Everything). Reviews are mixed, but I'll probably check it out on DVD.
    Last edited by Sock Monkey; 08-16-2018, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I thought it was possibly the worst movie I have seen in five years. Total shyte. Only watched cuz I had around 9 Becks in me and I wanted to make fun of it. Oh boy, plenty of material...
      Avoid like herpes.

Comment

Oops ! Double stacked post.

Last edited by tyree; 12-05-2018, 07:05 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

Originally posted by tyree View Post
          I thought it was the worst movie I have seen in ages. Only watched it as I had around 9 Becks in me and I wanted to shred it up. Wow. Plenty of material.
          Avoid like herpes.
          Thought about Redboxing it but I reckon I won't lol.

Comment

Well Fiddly- D ! Double post. I have never had that happen before. Think...THINK !, good God son, turn down Voodoo Gearshift, use your fucking BRAINS !

Comment

Hadn't seen this one yet but thought it was probably a wait on TV release for me. I'm sure it may be fun and nuts but when I go to the movies I typically don't go for the over the top action stuff.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
              Thought about Redboxing it but I reckon I won't lol.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                Hadn't seen this one yet but thought it was probably a wait on TV release for me. I'm sure it may be fun and nuts but when I go to the movies I typically don't go for the over the top action stuff.
                There are only a few films that are worthy of a theater visit for me each year. Most are either rented or watched years after release.

Comment

We share something in common. I only go to the theater a few times a year. I would go more often if I lived somewhere that released limited stuff but all I have here is the major movies.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                  There are only a few films that are worthy of a theater visit for me each year. Most are either rented or watched years after release.
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                  X