Latest Acquisitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
    Hmm, Straub talk. Looks like it's once again time for my gratuitous Straub message:

If you haven't read Shadowland...

READ SHADOWLAND NOW!!! JUST DO IT!!
    I've only read Ghost Story. Of course. I tried to read Koko and for some reason didn't finish. It was so long ago I don't know why I stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Dan, I cannot stress enough how much I appreciate how well you manage this board. Without you leadership on here I am sure I would have walked away long ago.
      THANKS!
      Thanks. I try. It helps that we're a relatively small community. If there were hundreds of active posters it'd be a completely different story, though then I'd probably need a moderator team.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Hmm, Straub talk. Looks like it's once again time for my gratuitous Straub message:

If you haven't read Shadowland...

READ SHADOWLAND NOW!!! JUST DO IT!!
        I second this. Might be my favorite Straub although it's been years since I've read it.

Comment

To provide some calm context, while King is my favorite writer, Shadowland is my favorite standalone novel by anyone other than It.
          Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

To provide some calm context, while King is my favorite writer, Shadowland is my favorite standalone novel by anyone other than It.
            That is some high praise. And I am now completely and officially intrigued. I've heard lots of good things about it previously. Usually it's Ghost Story, Julia, and Shadowland that people rave about. I really liked Ghost Story, but I passed on Julia from Centipede Press and I haven't jumped into Floating Dragon even though I got the CD edition in a forthcoming book bundle years ago.

Comment

I think Gauntlet did a limited of Shadowland.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                I think Gauntlet did a limited of Shadowland.
                Indeed they did. I haven't hunted a copy of this down because it's not quite to my taste art-wise, and usually is being sold for more than I'd like to spend (especially given that I'm not wild about it). I'd love for someone else to do another special edition - CD, CP, Suntup, anyone.
                Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Man, this thread was derailed!! I wanna know what kind of cool stuff people have been getting, LOL!
                  http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                    Man, this thread was derailed!! I wanna know what kind of cool stuff people have been getting, LOL!
                    Since I contributed to the derailing I will help get things back on track. My two most recent acquisitions have been The Washingtonians with the chap book from Cemetery Dance and Misery Limited from Suntup Editions. The Washingtonians is a very nice addition and Misery is beyond anything I can describe!

Comment

I originally passed on THE WASHINGTONIANS, but the recent 50% off sale convinced me to pick up a copy, and I'm glad that I did. A beautiful oversized HC, it looks amazing.
                      http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

If Suntup would only do Staub's Blue Rose Trilogy next. An amazing trilogy that needs some beautiful signed limited editions. Koko, Mystery, and The Throat.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                          I originally passed on THE WASHINGTONIANS, but the recent 50% off sale convinced me to pick up a copy, and I'm glad that I did. A beautiful oversized HC, it looks amazing.
                          I am not big on reading screenplays but I really like the way this one turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by csayers View Post
                            If Suntup would only do Staub's Blue Rose Trilogy next. An amazing trilogy that needs some beautiful signed limited editions. Koko, Mystery, and The Throat.
                            Absolutely agreed! Koko gets a lot of love, but Mystery and The Throat are criminally underrated; I feel like nobody talks about these books.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                              Absolutely agreed! Koko gets a lot of love, but Mystery and The Throat are criminally underrated; I feel like nobody talks about these books.
                              My wife loves that series and swears by it. For the life of me, I just can't seem to get into Straub.

Comment

Today's mail:

Walking With Ghosts.jpg

Oddly enough, this was in my mailbox this morning and I received the shipping notice via email this afternoon. Talk about speeding delivery!

I am anxious to give it a read. I always enjoy Brian's writing.

Comment

Working...
                                X