Latest Acquisitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest Acquisitions

This was another favorite thread at The Horror Drive-In, thanks to Ron. Post a pic of the latest treasure that you've acquired.

I came home today to find this waiting for me:

I already own this stuff in a variety of formats, but Hellboy is my all-time favorite comic, and I buy everything Hellboy, in every format. Stupid...? Maybe. But I can read these stories over and over and over, and take something new away every...single...time.
    http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Looks good. I'm afraid that if I got back into comics I'd have more stuff piled up and no time to read it.
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by njhorror View Post
      more stuff piled up and no time to read it.
      That is the name of my forthcoming autobiography.
      http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've know about this book for a while now, I finally let myself buy it this week when I was in Merced. It's a natural for me considering my love of the circus.

Steve

C1416.jpg
        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

I was glancing down the list and I thought this thread said . . . LATEST ACCUSATIONS

I was like, HOT DAMN, here we go!
          Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
          Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by njhorror View Post
            I was glancing down the list and I thought this thread said . . . LATEST ACCUSATIONS

I was like, HOT DAMN, here we go!
            Now THAT would be a thread! Luckily, this is a rather quite corner of the internet. Little to no drama on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              Now THAT would be a thread! Luckily, this is a rather quite corner of the internet. Little to no drama on this forum.
              One of the reasons I like this forum . It's a nice escape from the everyday bs. Just book talk and more book talk

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                One of the reasons I like this forum . It's a nice escape from the everyday bs. Just book talk and more book talk
                You're not kidding. Everyone here is respectful. Even when I say something outrageous like "I'm no fan of Bentley Little." No one flips over a table or torches a cop car.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                  You're not kidding. Everyone here is respectful. Even when I say something outrageous like "I'm no fan of Bentley Little." No one flips over a table or torches a cop car.
                  Wait, What? You don't like Bentley Little? That changes everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    Wait, What? You don't like Bentley Little? That changes everything!
                    Martin, obviously you're not checking your PMs. We're not talking to Jeff anymore after that statement. For example, I will not say

Hi Jeff!!

Comment

Oh, man...Jeff's on the outs for not liking Bentley Little?! What's going to happen when everyone finds out that I think Peter Straub is better than Stephen King?

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                        Martin, obviously you're not checking your PMs. We're not talking to Jeff anymore after that statement. For example, I will not say

Hi Jeff!!
                        How long do I have to wear this hair shirt according to the LITTLE ACCORD AND JEFF ACT OF 2018? I no longer have my copy of the ACT.

Comment

Oh, man...Jeff's on the outs for not liking Bentley Little?! What's going to happen when everyone finds out that I think Peter Straub is better than Stephen King?

I heard that after Misery and Hill House, Suntup will be exclusively Straub.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                            I heard that after Misery and Hill House, Suntup will be exclusively Straub.
                            That I could get in board with!

Comment

That I could get in board with!
                              You're making me push Floating Dragon higher up on my TBR pile.

Comment

Working...
                              X