For me, Amazon is slipping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    I can't work up any sympathy for B&N or Borders. They crushed the independents here in Richmond when they moved in. Amazon is convenient and pretty easy to use.
    Agree. All my book purchases come from independents or small presses.

Comment

I never really liked B&N as a store. I liked Borders a lot though. Borders failure has more to do with them than it did with Amazon though. B&N on the other hand I'm not really sure what their problem is other than for a book store it seems like they carry less and less books every time I'm in one.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Ordered on July 25th - still not shipped. No excuse.

Ordered on July 25th, Amazon page says it was shipped on the 27th, tracking number from the seller says it has not yet been shipped. No excuse.

Something tells me that this bald ass billionaire is playing people for suckers.
        Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
        Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by njhorror View Post
          Ordered on July 25th - still not shipped. No excuse.

Ordered on July 25th, Amazon page says it was shipped on the 27th, tracking number from the seller says it has not yet been shipped. No excuse.

Something tells me that this bald ass billionaire is playing people for suckers.
          Out of curiosity are these from Vendors or Amazon directly? I've had stuff from vendors take some time to actually ship before, but very rarely Amazon directly. Not really any excuse, but the vendor system on Amazon isn't really all that reliable.

Instagram

Comment

The first one is Amazon and the second one is a vendor.

What makes this odd is that the vendors usually ship faster than Amazon, in my case.

Everything "in stock" and blah, blah, blah.

I'm getting too old for this shit.
            Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
            Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

What makes this odd is that the vendors usually ship faster than Amazon, in my case.

Interesting. That's the complete opposite from my experience.

Instagram

Comment

Sorry your are having problems with Amazon. I rarely have Amazon sourced items take more than a day to ship. It is very rare for the item to not arrive in a day or two.

Comment

I've been an Amazon customer for years, and often sang their praises. Not anymore. I want to qualify my rant with "I am not a Prime customer"
                  In the past I would need to purchase $25, then $35 worth of goods that qualify for free shipping to receive it.
                  And here's my grievance . . .

The order was placed, and within a day or two the order was shipped, and arrived within a week. No more. I've noticed that my last batch of orders have taken over a week to ship, and these are items that are in stock! This goes for a number of their outside vendors, as well. Stuff ordered from one state away take ten days or more to arrive. I can go elsewhere, get free shipping, and it takes the same amount of time, or less, and I'm not paying a minimum!

I am soft boycotting Amazon. I was tempted to become a Prime member, but no more. Prime membership looks like an endless sales pitch to separate me from my hard earned cash, buying more and more useless things. Jeff Bezos may be on track to be the richest man in the world, but he can go screw himself.
                  My experience over the last couple of years mirrors yours...things take up to a week to ship (usually closer to 4 or 5 days), so some patience is required as compared to Yesteryear when things shipped within a day or two. I just enjoy the savings and free shipping and exercise patience...I'm too cheap and too ocassional an Amazon customer to go for Prime membership for quicker shipping (or to pay for it on the individual orders). One thing I will give them is that their expected delivery dates (provided, unfortunately, *after* the order is placed) is usually right on the mark when I receive them (extended longer than I'd like, as mentioned, but still on the mark).
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Amazon arrived today. Went from not even being shipped last night, to it being on my desk.

Vendor "ready to be picked up for shipping" ????

I have no idea what's going on anymore. I need a vacation.
                    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I ordered Vastarien 2 when it was announced.
                      When was that, njhorror, the weekend? (I imagine you ordered this as well)
                      It still has not shipped. And yes, I am not Prime, though I added items to quality for FREE shipping.
                      I'll get it when I get it.
                      Not like I ordered dialysis equipment.
                      Ooh, Amazon sells that too!

Comment

Sorry to hear of these headaches, NJ...Not something that you need in your life right now.
                        http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks D. We're good for now. I'm just a man of advanced years.
                          Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                          X