Thread: 'Wool' in development as AMC series:

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar

'Wool' in development as AMC series:

If done right this could very good:

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/hug...an-1202887310/

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    I read the trilogy and enjoyed it, though not quite enough to pick up anything else by him. This could make for an interesting project, one I’d certainly watch.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I read the trilogy and enjoyed it, though not quite enough to pick up anything else by him. This could make for an interesting project, one I’d certainly watch.
    I have only read book one and enjoyed it. The settings of life in the silos could be very interesting if done right.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Trying to recall what else I've read by Howey - Sand and Beacon 23? I remember enjoying both, but couldn't tell you what happened (I don't remember.) Whereas with Wool, I've read the first book (or collection if you will) three times now. Should spin up others again.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I have only read book one and enjoyed it. The settings of life in the silos could be very interesting if done right.
    Shortly after Wool came out, Amazon created their Kindle Worlds (I might have the name wrong,) where other authors were able to write original stories that appears in the appropriate universe, and Wool was one that people definitely flocked to (pun totally intended!) I don't recall which one it was (perhaps it was Jason Gurley's contribution?) but talked about livestock and it really bugged me to thing these people had COWS in their silos. I mean, COWS?? Come on!

Senior Member Hearing Voices Ben Staad's Avatar
    This could be turned into a great mini-series but I'm not sure about anything long term.