"Castle Rock" TV show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Castle Rock" TV show

What do people here think about Castle Rock on Hulu? The first three episodes are now available (wish they all were) and, so far, it's entertaining, but not extraordinary in quality.

I'm curious if anyone might know if this is a straight narrative arc or if there will be standalone stories along the way, sort of likeX-Files and Supernatural? The show definitely needs some standalone episodes. Why can't, for instance, Pennywise visit the town? Or Christine? Or The Dark Man? Or a nest of Sleepwalkers?

I think one mistake is being made...the choice of a broadcast-network tone. I don't think I can explain myself exactly on this, but I'm sure people here know what I mean. Abrams seems to be making the show like he did 11/22/63...as if something that could be dropped into a network slot, with commercial-break points already in the mix. That sort of makes it less powerful in my opinion. The acting is also broadcast-quality...nothing wrong with that, I watch network programming, but being on Hulu would make me think it could done differently. Have an HBO/AMC/Walking-Dead-type approach to the tone/pacing/cinematography.

I haven't had a chance to check it out. I plan on getting around to it, but so little time...

Comment

I watched the first three episodes when they dropped and it feels extremely slow to me. I feel no connection or feelings with/for the characters so far. I know I'm really enjoying a program when I'm counting down the hours to the next airing and it doesn't sit on my DVR for weeks. I'm not feeling anywhere near that. Meh for me for now.......

Comment

I'm not much of a binge watcher but I watched episodes 1-4 yesterday and am enjoying it. I wasn't sure what to expect but thought it would be a different story each episode rather than a continuing story through the season. It does move fairly slowly but that hasn't bothered me. It's well acted and produced.

Comment

Thanks for the replies...

I have yet to watch the fourth episode, hopefully will later today, but since new ones come out on Wednesday (I think), I guess the series hasn't taken the hold over me that I thought it would...

Comment

I do not subscribe to Hulu so I have not been able to watch this. I really liked what Hulu did with 11.22.63 though.

Comment

Martin, I for the most part enjoyed 11/22/63 as well. In that case as well, however, I thought the broadcast-network tone taken with the project worked against it.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ123 View Post
                Martin, I for the most part enjoyed 11/22/63 as well. In that case as well, however, I thought the broadcast-network tone taken with the project worked against it.
                I felt the tone of the series was true to the of the book for the most part so I had no issue with it.
                Last edited by Martin; 10-03-2018, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Castle Rock Blu Ray release date announced.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-v...u-ray-release/

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    Castle Rock Blu Ray release date announced.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-v...u-ray-release/
                    I still haven't finished this.

Comment

Is this worth watching? I fell this may be some type of weird, slow, and disjointed fan fiction.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                      I still haven't finished this.
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                        Is this worth watching? I fell this may be some type of weird, slow, and disjointed fan fiction.
                        I'm not sure that it is, Tim. Some folks rave about it but I think I have three episodes left and it's still pretty meh for me. So much so that I completely forgot that I hadn't finished it til Martin's post above. I think your description of the show is spot on.

Comment

Thanks. I wanted it to be amazing but I'm not getting the feeling it is. This will probably be a pass for me.

The cool thing is there are plenty of opportunities for future SK material on television. I would like to see someone else take a crack at The Mist. They butchered that show even with a great base story and a very good movie. I think there are many more stories to tell with that tale.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                          I'm not sure that it is, Tim. Some folks rave about it but I think I have three episodes left and it's still pretty meh for me. So much so that I completely forgot that I hadn't finished it til Martin's post above. I think your description of the show is spot on.
                          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I thought the acting was good, especially Sissy, the production was good but at the end I felt kind of like, huh? I think that Lilja's summation was pretty good, link below. I didn't read the show runners' explanation but I provided the link below if you have hankering to read it. I didn't hate it and I might better understand if I binge watch them but it should have been better.

https://www.liljas-library.com/showreview.php?id=379

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...he-kid-monster

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                              I thought the acting was good, especially Sissy, the production was good but at the end I felt kind of like, huh? I think that Lilja's summation was pretty good, link below. I didn't read the show runners' explanation but I provided the link below if you have hankering to read it. I didn't hate it and I might better understand if I binge watch them but it should have been better.

https://www.liljas-library.com/showreview.php?id=379

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...he-kid-monster
                              It was liked enough to get a 2nd season. I'll test the waters with it as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X