No announcement yet.

Your Bookmark....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The limited edition of Under The Dome came with a set of 28 character cards. They would make nice bookmarks. Haven't tried them out, tho.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I use my old Disney World tickets.

Comment

I've got a stack of postcards I've picked up for a few cents each over the years. I try to pick one that somehow goes with what I'm reading, thematically speaking, and use that.

Comment

I've got several bookmarks that I use, since I'm generally in the middle of multiple readings. I've got a Stephen King one that I won as part of my participation in the SK Trivia group on King's official message forum, my sister bought me a metal bookmark for Christmas that hooks over the spine and has a curved stem upon which is written, "Literature is Write On!" It also came with three interchangeable charms that dangle off the hook: a quill pen, a jar of ink and an open book. I also have a couple from a book store in Mackinaw City, and of course all of my Easton Press books come with Satin markers, which I absolutely love.
          "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

Comment

Originally posted by folgersnyourcup View Post
            I use anything and everything. Torn bits of notebook paper, tissues, napkins, candy bar wrappers, a potato chip, part of a cheeto, piece of cat fur, dirt, etc., whatever happens to be nearby on my floor. Some of those are made up.
            Lol! Me too! I have a beautiful collection of bookmarks, but I just grab something nearby to shove into the book!
            "I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later."- Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I have a metal book mark which has seen me through 25 years worth of books.

Comment

Well, since I had about 250 bookmarks printed up for my book, I have an abundance of those laying around to use LOL.
                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

After 16 years of abundant reading (hey, I'm only 21!), I've never managed to pick up the habit of using bookmarks. When I was really young I would fold the corner of the page (cringe) but now I just 'feel' for the last page I had open, or skim the book quickly until I find the part I was up to. Not the most efficient way of doing things, I'll be the first to admit!

Comment

Originally posted by folgersnyourcup View Post
                    I use anything and everything. Torn bits of notebook paper, tissues, napkins, candy bar wrappers, a potato chip, part of a cheeto, piece of cat fur, dirt, etc., whatever happens to be nearby on my floor. Some of those are made up.
                    Me too. Gum wrappers work excellently. Though dirt doesn't seem like it'd be the most effective book mark.
                    www.weeklynovelreview.blogspot.com Every Monday I review and critique a different novel.

Comment

It depends on how many books I'm reading at the moment. I usually just remember the page number of the one I'm trying to read first, and for my CD books I end up using the order receipt as a bookmark. I have at least three books of short stories I keep picking up and reading one or two stories before bouncing back to a novel. My to-read stack is so bad right now that I haven't been to the library in months.

Comment

Originally posted by hamount View Post
                        Me too. Gum wrappers work excellently.
                        You could also use the gum itself!

sk

Comment

I read 6-10 books (mostly hardback) at once and I use the CD booksmarks they gave out way back when. They are a little big for PB so I have a couple smaller laminated ones.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                            You could also use the gum itself!

sk
                            Very true. :P
                            www.weeklynovelreview.blogspot.com Every Monday I review and critique a different novel.

Comment

I use a groovy business card from a local candy store. They fresh roast peanuts and they have an old timey circus elephant on the card, I dig it.

My mother always said if you need a bookmark to remember your place then the book is hardly worth reading...

I must read volumes and volumes of rubbish then.

Comment

I have memorise each page number because I have this weird OCD thing going on with books that means I can't run the potential risk of damging the book, even with a bookmark. I hate cracking the spine, and sometimes have a reading copy and a normal copy in mint condition that is normally packed away in bublle-wrap and stored in a box. Even the reading copy is in fine condition. I once read a book wearing latex gloves. All the Beauty Sinners by Stephen Graham Jones. So yeah, no bookmarks, just memory. Kindle is easier.

Comment

Working...
                                X