Surprise Find and A Deal Too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprise Find and A Deal Too

On Tuesday evening, I stumbled upon a Centipede Press title listed in NEW condition. I was very dubious. I was able to email back and forth with the person selling the title. Yes, it is New. Yes, it is signed. And No, it is not an Ex Library copy. The price? Just over $58.00. This is a "grail" find for me because of my interests and I've been hoping but not expecting to find the Centipede Press version at a decent price. I had to make the purchase. I was afraid someone else would find the listing and it would disappear because I waited. I know that is selfish thinking.
    I also saw a very interesting graphic novel edition of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, one of my personal favorite books. I am also hoping to find the Centipede Press version of DJaMH at a decent price.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Cap - which title was it?

Comment

Nightmare Alley. I got the book. It was not in New condition. The dustjacket was chipped (That is how I would describe it), the outside white pages had grayish/black markings, there was a sticker on the back and the book was not signed. To be clear-This was a Centipede Press edition. I called Amazon, arranged for an exchange -- The second book was in the exact condition as the first. I returned the second book, got a full refund plus a little extra. I have decided to be content with the modern edition of Nightmare Alley I own. I also have the graphic novel edition.

Cap
      Last edited by c marvel; 07-20-2018, 10:18 PM.
      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Working...
      X