Walking With Ghosts by Brian James Freeman from PS Publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, same with me.

No email, just a box, with a beautiful slipcased book. Very nice Brian.

I seem to be collecting quite a few PS books over the last few years.

Comment

I'm guessing these will come a little later for the Patreon supporters?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        I'm guessing these will come a little later for the Patreon supporters?
        Trade hardcovers (signed!) will ship this month! I still haven't seen a limited edition yet, so whenever I get those (hopefully also this month?), they will be queued up to ship as well!
        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
          Trade hardcovers (signed!) will ship this month! I still haven't seen a limited edition yet, so whenever I get those (hopefully also this month?), they will be queued up to ship as well!
          Thanks, Brian. I figured maybe everything would ship at once to maybe save ya on overhead cost as far as your Patreon campaign. I personally wouldn't have a problem with that as it saves cost that could be used towards future projects. The USPS isn't exactly giving away postage these days.

Comment

The USPS isn't exactly giving away postage these days.
            I checked the CD postage account a while back and we were at something like $1,750,000 in postage purchased since we created that account... Kind of mind blowing even though I see all the packages going out the door!

(And that doesn't include the UPS and Fed-Ex bills, which would be quite a bit, too. For a long time we shipped WAY more via UPS and then added in the Fed-Ex option when they gave us a more reasonable price chart for our customers...)

Brian
            Brian James Freeman

Comment

I checked the CD postage account a while back and we were at something like $1,750,000 in postage purchased since we created that account... Kind of mind blowing even though I see all the packages going out the door!

(And that doesn't include the UPS and Fed-Ex bills, which would be quite a bit, too. For a long time we shipped WAY more via UPS and then added in the Fed-Ex option when they gave us a more reasonable price chart for our customers...)

Brian
              That is a huge number to take in with just USPS postage alone! At least when a purchase is made through CD, the postage is covered by the customer. With your Patreon campaign, I guess that's all figured in at the support levels. I'd still think it'd get very expensive, very fast. Is Rich taking it out of your paychecks lol. Seriously though, and without knowing all the ends and outs, maybe a vote could be brought forward to the Patreon supports on how best to help you save on shipping cost. Obviously we're there to support you and, to me, that definitely falls under that headline.

Comment

That is a huge number to take in with just USPS postage alone! At least when a purchase is made through CD, the postage is covered by the customer.
                Yep, although for a long time, we were really bad at asking for the correct amount... we just hated how expensive it was, so we undercharged for many many years... now our site pulls from a shipping table that USPS runs on their server and everything is based on weight, location, etc. Postage was just getting too expensive to keep undercharging, unfortunately.

With your Patreon campaign, I guess that's all figured in at the support levels. I'd still think it'd get very expensive, very fast. Is Rich taking it out of your paychecks lol. Seriously though, and without knowing all the ends and outs, maybe a vote could be brought forward to the Patreon supports on how best to help you save on shipping cost. Obviously we're there to support you and, to me, that definitely falls under that headline.
                Sometimes I'm shipping from my house and sometimes I ship from the CD warehouse, with Richard's blessing. He has never said "no" if I ask to ship my stuff from our own warehouse, but I do try to be respectful of how I use company resources, so there is some combining of shipments and the such. This month, I believe some supporters are getting 3 or even 4 books!

All of you rock. I say this on Patreon and I really mean it: the support I've received there has completely changed my plans and goals for my writing (in a good way), and completely reinvigorated me as a writer... I feel like that 12 year old kid again who had NO idea how the publishing world works and was just having a hell of a time at his Brother WordProcessor... Only now I do know how publishing works, but that doesn't matter because I have a group of people to write for who also don't care about the "rules" of the business! It's been a life changer... Many, many thanks again!

Brian
                Brian James Freeman

Comment

I hear ya regarding the postage. No one likes it but, like ya said, you guys are still running a business and ya can't afford to just give it away.

That's really cool of Rich as far as the shipping, how you are using it, and to not overstep. It's awesome to hear that you're so excited about writing again as we are to read it! And you're right about the business mumbo jumbo. Just keep filling up our shelves! I was also very excited to learn that level 7 will be receiving the Czech edition of Halloween Children! Thank you as well for all that you give back to us!

Sorry for the hijack folks!

Comment

I hear ya regarding the postage. No one likes it but, like ya said, you guys are still running a business and ya can't afford to just give it away.

That's really cool of Rich as far as the shipping, how you are using it, and to not overstep. It's awesome to hear that you're so excited about writing again as we are to read it! And you're right about the business mumbo jumbo. Just keep filling up our shelves! I was also very excited to learn that level 7 will be receiving the Czech edition of Halloween Children! Thank you as well for all that you give back to us!

Sorry for the hijack folks!
                    I'm really happy I was able to secure enough copies for Level 7 to get it! I love foreign editions of all kinds of books even though I obviously cannot read them. I can't really explain why! Maybe just something about how stories can be so universal...

But what I'm trying to do with these upcoming foreign editions of my work is I trade a little of my author payment to buy enough copies for the Level 7 people, too, since I usually only get one copy! (Plus I buy a few for myself because how often do I see my work in these languages, right??)

Thanks again for your support!
                    Brian James Freeman

Comment

That's why I bought a bookcase just for my BJF patreon books! Currently has about half a shelf full. Looking forward to getting the next box! I'm one of the ones looking forward to reading whatever you write.

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
                        That's why I bought a bookcase just for my BJF patreon books! Currently has about half a shelf full. Looking forward to getting the next box! I'm one of the ones looking forward to reading whatever you write.
                        Thank you very much! I cannot wait to share my plans for 2019 and especially 2020...

Brian
                        Brian James Freeman

Comment

I'm really happy I was able to secure enough copies for Level 7 to get it! I love foreign editions of all kinds of books even though I obviously cannot read them. I can't really explain why! Maybe just something about how stories can be so universal...

But what I'm trying to do with these upcoming foreign editions of my work is I trade a little of my author payment to buy enough copies for the Level 7 people, too, since I usually only get one copy! (Plus I buy a few for myself because how often do I see my work in these languages, right??)

Thanks again for your support!
                          I'm sure that is awesome feeling for an author. Looking forward to all the great things to come and best of luck with it!

Comment

Working...
                          X