Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 73

Thread: The Haunting of Hill House

  1. #41
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Anyone wanting to purchase this Suntup has put one Limited up for sale:

    https://shop.suntup.press/collection...mbered-edition

    Probably will not last long.
    Thanks Martin, just ordered it!

  2. #42
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,406
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by csayers View Post
    Thanks Martin, just ordered it!
    Glad you were able to grab one. I am sure it will be a fantastic book.

  3. #43
    Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,373
    Rep Power
    11
    Paul made some updates to the tray cases on the Hill House page.

    https://suntup.press/the-haunting-of-hill-house/

    He also mentioned on the tdt forum that some "upgrades" will be announced shortly. And he's also been teasing us with a response of "Soon" when people ask when he's announcing the third Suntup edition. He's a remarkable dude.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,406
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Paul made some updates to the tray cases on the Hill House page.

    https://suntup.press/the-haunting-of-hill-house/

    He also mentioned on the tdt forum that some "upgrades" will be announced shortly. And he's also been teasing us with a response of "Soon" when people ask when he's announcing the third Suntup edition. He's a remarkable dude.
    I skipped this one but I have to say I love the tweaks he did.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,373
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I skipped this one but I have to say I love the tweaks he did.
    Yeah, initially I thought the tray cases were too similar. I like the adjustments,

  6. #46
    Senior Member Hearing Voices Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,379
    Rep Power
    11
    Gorgeous books however the price point is way above my means. All these photos of his books are nothing but temptations meant to torment me and my financial futility. Arghh!!! LOL LOL

  7. #47
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,277
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Yeah, initially I thought the tray cases were too similar. I like the adjustments,
    I've never read the book and honestly probably never will. Still, I'm really looking forward it! And the anticipation of the next title is killer.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,406
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I've never read the book and honestly probably never will. Still, I'm really looking forward it! And the anticipation of the next title is killer.
    It is worth reading, I think I just was expecting more but I enjoyed it.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Hearing Voices Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,379
    Rep Power
    11
    It's a good read. I do agree with Martin that the "hype", for me, didn't live up to reality. Still well worth the read.

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    It is worth reading, I think I just was expecting more but I enjoyed it.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    12
    It's doubly tough when you thought you didn't know the price of a book (in this case, Centipede's edition of THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE)...then get excited when you see the link is live at the publisher...then click on it to get the pricing info for this book you've anticipated very much...see the price, and realize it's out of your range...then suddenly remember you saw the price a while back and realize this was the second time you had to face up to it being out of your range.

    Like a wasp that stings twice.

    Guess the disappointment was so strong last time that I blanked it out of my mind like a traumatic repressed memory.

    God help me, I hope it doesn't happen a third time...


  11. #51
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,051
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    It's doubly tough when you thought you didn't know the price of a book (in this case, Centipede's edition of THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE)...then get excited when you see the link is live at the publisher...then click on it to get the pricing info for this book you've anticipated very much...see the price, and realize it's out of your range...then suddenly remember you saw the price a while back and realize this was the second time you had to face up to it being out of your range.

    Like a wasp that stings twice.

    Guess the disappointment was so strong last time that I blanked it out of my mind like a traumatic repressed memory.

    God help me, I hope it doesn't happen a third time...

    Centipede's edition is pricey and I've wondered on a couple of occasions if I picked the right pony to back. This is mostly due to price as Centipede's edition is more expensive than the Suntup limited. I'm sure that all doubts will be swept away once the Centipede edition is in hand. Now my debts, though, that's another matter entirely.

    On a side note: I thought that the Suntup limited was initially offered in a traycase and now I'm seeing that it is a slipcase. Did this change or am I misremembering things?

  12. #52
    Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,373
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post

    On a side note: I thought that the Suntup limited was initially offered in a traycase and now I'm seeing that it is a slipcase. Did this change or am I misremembering things?
    Yeah, originally, both the numbered and the lettered were to be presented in tray cases. Paul changed that as well as the die cut on the front board of the numbered.

  13. #53
    Senior Member Hearing Voices mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    52
    I buy more from Centipede than any other small press publisher, not just for the quality of the books, which is always fantastic, but because of the titles Jerad chooses to put out. I’m not a big horror collector, so I find his range of offerings interesting, especially the mystery/suspense title he brings out. The Cornell Woolrich collection is a particular favorite of mine. I’m really looking forward to Dune. Having said that, I could never afford to be a Centipede “Completest” I would never be able to retire lol!! Some titles just have to be let go…….

  14. #54
    Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,373
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    I buy more from Centipede than any other small press publisher, not just for the quality of the books, which is always fantastic, but because of the titles Jerad chooses to put out. I’m not a big horror collector, so I find his range of offerings interesting, especially the mystery/suspense title he brings out. The Cornell Woolrich collection is a particular favorite of mine. I’m really looking forward to Dune. Having said that, I could never afford to be a Centipede “Completest” I would never be able to retire lol!! Some titles just have to be let go…….
    I still have THE BRIDE WORE BLACK on my TBR pile. I read RENDEZVOUS IN BLACK and loved it. I also really liked the Blackburn novels. I read the first two and have the rest waiting.

  15. #55
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,051
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Yeah, originally, both the numbered and the lettered were to be presented in tray cases. Paul changed that as well as the die cut on the front board of the numbered.
    It's nice to know that I'm not going crazy!

  16. #56
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,051
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    I buy more from Centipede than any other small press publisher, not just for the quality of the books, which is always fantastic, but because of the titles Jerad chooses to put out. I’m not a big horror collector, so I find his range of offerings interesting, especially the mystery/suspense title he brings out. The Cornell Woolrich collection is a particular favorite of mine. I’m really looking forward to Dune. Having said that, I could never afford to be a Centipede “Completest” I would never be able to retire lol!! Some titles just have to be let go…….
    I really regret missing out on the Woolrich books. I always kept on eye on Centipede's output but never really purchased a lot of their stuff prior this year and I've been really happy with everything that I've picked up. I'm very excited for the upcoming Ramsey Campbell Master of the Weird Tale set. I love his short fiction.

    I agree that some books you just have to pass on. I find it really hard to do so sometimes. Especially with Centipede books as they are usually hard to find and very pricey on the aftermarket.

  17. #57
    Senior Member Hearing Voices mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    52
    That is true, you rarely lose money on a Centipede title if you're reselling it. I sold one to someone on our forum at cost, just because he was one of the guys, but the price of that title had tripled in just a few years.

  18. #58
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,406
    Rep Power
    21
    For those interested in seeing the limited edition of The Haunting of Hill House Mr. Jeffingoff has put his unboxing video up.


  19. #59
    Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,373
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    For those interested in seeing the limited edition of The Haunting of Hill House Mr. Jeffingoff has put his unboxing video up.

    I will never be a hand model!

  20. #60
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,406
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I will never be a hand model!
    I am really looking forward to the snakeskin suit for the Horns unboxing!

    p.s. really enjoyed the closed up slide show at the end.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •