The Haunting of Hill House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I am really looking forward to the snakeskin suit for the Horns unboxing!

p.s. really enjoyed the closed up slide show at the end.
    Damnit! In the TDT forum someone suggested a tux. Now I'll need a snakeskin tux.

Glad you enjoyed the close-ups. I'm going to do more to feature the actual damn books going forward. With Suntup, there's a lot to get into so it was easy to show off the details.

I was really amazed by the way the book feels. The endpapers and the slipcase and even the type.

ALSO, I was thrilled to get number 23. That's a low number. It's also Michael Jordan's number. And he is a Chicago icon. And I'm from Chicago. And my CD Doubelday number is 34. And that was Walter Payton's number. And he was a Chicago icon. And so on.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      Damnit! In the TDT forum someone suggested a tux. Now I'll need a snakeskin tux.

Glad you enjoyed the close-ups. I'm going to do more to feature the actual damn books going forward. With Suntup, there's a lot to get into so it was easy to show off the details.

I was really amazed by the way the book feels. The endpapers and the slipcase and even the type.

ALSO, I was thrilled to get number 23. That's a low number. It's also Michael Jordan's number. And he is a Chicago icon. And I'm from Chicago. And my CD Doubelday number is 34. And that was Walter Payton's number. And he was a Chicago icon. And so on.
      When you revealed the number I thought, a Chicago resident got Jordan's number! I am looking forward to getting the Limited and Gift edition of Horns so I can compare the Letterpress side by side with a printed book.

Now I look forward to the snakeskin tux!

Comment

Yep, great video, Jeff, and really enjoyed the pics at the end. That damn knife still makes me nervous every time it slices into the box, but that’s my hang-up, one maybe someday I’ll overcome...maybe.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

That's really cool about the numbers.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          Yep, great video, Jeff, and really enjoyed the pics at the end. That damn knife still makes me nervous every time it slices into the box, but that’s my hang-up, one maybe someday I’ll overcome...maybe.
          Me too, Ron about the knife.

Comment

Another great unboxing. That book looks so damn good. I kick myself for passing up one of my favorite books ever in such a spectacular edition. Congratulations.
            On a personal note what the heck was up with the prior 2 unboxing videos ?

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              Another great unboxing. That book looks so damn good. I kick myself for passing up one of my favorite books ever in such a spectacular edition. Congratulations.
              On a personal note what the heck was up with the prior 2 unboxing videos ?
              Are you getting the Centipede Press edition? I have no doubt that it will be stunning. And Jerad is also doing WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN THE CASTLE. So there's potential to own a set.

As far as the other two videos:
              I was interrupted in my SHINING IN THE DARK unboxing and instead of editing out the distraction, I decided to try out some video apps to add some new elements to the videos. And as it is I think I really like the idea of putting in a bunch of still photos to show off each book after I unbox it. Like I did with HILL HOUSE.

With the Tim Waggoner LITTLE BOOK, there were a few things:
              1. There's no box to unbox. I don't like that these books are shipped in a padded envelope and so I wanted to make a mockery of opening the package.
              2. The LITTLE BOOKS are fairly simple and there's not a lot to show. That's not a bad thing--I think they're really cool and I love having them but they're small and simple. Nothing much to go into.
              3. Someone recently commented on my SHINING unboxing that they had to watch it on mute to enjoy it. And previously someone said that they wanted "more less of" me. So I thought it might be fun to give them what they wanted and do a short and completely silent unboxing. I will admit that I can't watch my SHINING unboxing. It is annoying.

**EDIT** And THANKS for the compliment.

Comment

Too kind!

I'd like to get a new Hibbens knife to do these even though I love the Dragon Lord. Maybe I'll get a Hibbens sword or combat machete or something.

Comment

Are you getting the Centipede Press edition? I have no doubt that it will be stunning. And Jerad is also doing WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN THE CASTLE. So there's potential to own a set.

As far as the other two videos:
                  I was interrupted in my SHINING IN THE DARK unboxing and instead of editing out the distraction, I decided to try out some video apps to add some new elements to the videos. And as it is I think I really like the idea of putting in a bunch of still photos to show off each book after I unbox it. Like I did with HILL HOUSE.

With the Tim Waggoner LITTLE BOOK, there were a few things:
                  1. There's no box to unbox. I don't like that these books are shipped in a padded envelope and so I wanted to make a mockery of opening the package.
                  2. The LITTLE BOOKS are fairly simple and there's not a lot to show. That's not a bad thing--I think they're really cool and I love having them but they're small and simple. Nothing much to go into.
                  3. Someone recently commented on my SHINING unboxing that they had to watch it on mute to enjoy it. And previously someone said that they wanted "more less of" me. So I thought it might be fun to give them what they wanted and do a short and completely silent unboxing. I will admit that I can't watch my SHINING unboxing. It is annoying.

**EDIT** And THANKS for the compliment.
                  And here I thought you were going after the avant-garde crowd. ;-)
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

That was my first thought. Jeff got drunk and thought he was David Lynch.

I am thinking long and hard about the Centipede edition. I just might go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                      That was my first thought. Jeff got drunk and thought he was David Lynch.

I am thinking long and hard about the Centipede edition. I just might go for it.
                      You can't go wrong with Centipede. If I had tons of money, I'd go for it too. At the time Suntup announced Hill House and perhaps caused Jerad to announce his edition, I passed on the Centipede edition because it was more expensive and I also wanted to get a Suntup number to hold onto. The decision had nothing to do with the quality of Centipede's production. It's crazy that they went head-to-head like this AND THEN the Netflix series came out. Lots of attention for Hill House all o' a sudden.

As it is now, the Suntup edition is selling on eBay for Centipede's estimated price.

Comment

HA! That's what you get for assuming the best in my intentions!

Comment

Great looking book and fun video, Mr. Jeff.
                          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                            Great looking book and fun video, Mr. Jeff.
                            Thank you! I'm thrilled to add it to my collection.

Comment

Working...
                            X