No announcement yet.

The Haunting of Hill House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorgeous books however the price point is way above my means. All these photos of his books are nothing but temptations meant to torment me and my financial futility. Arghh!!! LOL LOL
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      Yeah, initially I thought the tray cases were too similar. I like the adjustments,
      I've never read the book and honestly probably never will. Still, I'm really looking forward it! And the anticipation of the next title is killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        I've never read the book and honestly probably never will. Still, I'm really looking forward it! And the anticipation of the next title is killer.
        It is worth reading, I think I just was expecting more but I enjoyed it.

Comment

It's a good read. I do agree with Martin that the "hype", for me, didn't live up to reality. Still well worth the read.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          It is worth reading, I think I just was expecting more but I enjoyed it.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

It's doubly tough when you thought you didn't know the price of a book (in this case, Centipede's edition of THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE)...then get excited when you see the link is live at the publisher...then click on it to get the pricing info for this book you've anticipated very much...see the price, and realize it's out of your range...then suddenly remember you saw the price a while back and realize this was the second time you had to face up to it being out of your range.

Like a wasp that stings twice.

Guess the disappointment was so strong last time that I blanked it out of my mind like a traumatic repressed memory.

God help me, I hope it doesn't happen a third time...

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              It's doubly tough when you thought you didn't know the price of a book (in this case, Centipede's edition of THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE)...then get excited when you see the link is live at the publisher...then click on it to get the pricing info for this book you've anticipated very much...see the price, and realize it's out of your range...then suddenly remember you saw the price a while back and realize this was the second time you had to face up to it being out of your range.

Like a wasp that stings twice.

Guess the disappointment was so strong last time that I blanked it out of my mind like a traumatic repressed memory.

God help me, I hope it doesn't happen a third time...

Centipede's edition is pricey and I've wondered on a couple of occasions if I picked the right pony to back. This is mostly due to price as Centipede's edition is more expensive than the Suntup limited. I'm sure that all doubts will be swept away once the Centipede edition is in hand. Now my debts, though, that's another matter entirely.

On a side note: I thought that the Suntup limited was initially offered in a traycase and now I'm seeing that it is a slipcase. Did this change or am I misremembering things?

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

On a side note: I thought that the Suntup limited was initially offered in a traycase and now I'm seeing that it is a slipcase. Did this change or am I misremembering things?
                Yeah, originally, both the numbered and the lettered were to be presented in tray cases. Paul changed that as well as the die cut on the front board of the numbered.

Comment

I buy more from Centipede than any other small press publisher, not just for the quality of the books, which is always fantastic, but because of the titles Jerad chooses to put out. I’m not a big horror collector, so I find his range of offerings interesting, especially the mystery/suspense title he brings out. The Cornell Woolrich collection is a particular favorite of mine. I’m really looking forward to Dune. Having said that, I could never afford to be a Centipede “Completest” I would never be able to retire lol!! Some titles just have to be let go…….

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                    I buy more from Centipede than any other small press publisher, not just for the quality of the books, which is always fantastic, but because of the titles Jerad chooses to put out. I’m not a big horror collector, so I find his range of offerings interesting, especially the mystery/suspense title he brings out. The Cornell Woolrich collection is a particular favorite of mine. I’m really looking forward to Dune. Having said that, I could never afford to be a Centipede “Completest” I would never be able to retire lol!! Some titles just have to be let go…….
                    I still have THE BRIDE WORE BLACK on my TBR pile. I read RENDEZVOUS IN BLACK and loved it. I also really liked the Blackburn novels. I read the first two and have the rest waiting.

Comment

Yeah, originally, both the numbered and the lettered were to be presented in tray cases. Paul changed that as well as the die cut on the front board of the numbered.
                      It's nice to know that I'm not going crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        I really regret missing out on the Woolrich books. I always kept on eye on Centipede's output but never really purchased a lot of their stuff prior this year and I've been really happy with everything that I've picked up. I'm very excited for the upcoming Ramsey Campbell Master of the Weird Tale set. I love his short fiction.

I agree that some books you just have to pass on. I find it really hard to do so sometimes. Especially with Centipede books as they are usually hard to find and very pricey on the aftermarket.

Comment

That is true, you rarely lose money on a Centipede title if you're reselling it. I sold one to someone on our forum at cost, just because he was one of the guys, but the price of that title had tripled in just a few years.

Comment

For those interested in seeing the limited edition of The Haunting of Hill House Mr. Jeffingoff has put his unboxing video up.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              For those interested in seeing the limited edition of The Haunting of Hill House Mr. Jeffingoff has put his unboxing video up.

I will never be a hand model!

Comment

I will never be a hand model!
                                I am really looking forward to the snakeskin suit for the Horns unboxing!

p.s. really enjoyed the closed up slide show at the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X