X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New King DVD Boxed set coming in June:

This one is an easy buy for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Stephen-King-...ephen+king+dvd

If the amazon listing is right that it’s 19 hours on one disc, the video compression is going to be horrible. You’ll be better off recording an OTA UHF signal onto a VHS tape using SLP speed.

Hopefully the listing is wrong.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. I’m hoping the listing is incorrect as well.

Comment

I had not even noticed that. Now I have to do some research. I can't believe they would do that but I need to make sure.

Comment

Looks like it is an 8 disc set:

https://shop.tcm.com/stephen-king-mo...n/032429306630

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Martin thanks for researching another $20 from my pocket.��

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              Martin thanks for researching another $20 from my pocket.��
              Happy to help

Comment

Glad to hear that this is a multi-disc set. I've become pretty spoiled lately with a bunch of Scream Factory and Criterion remastered blu-rays so I'm kinda wish we were getting HD versions (seriously, how is the only version of The Dead Zone Blu-ray available on Amazon an import?!), but for the price this is really hard to beat.

It's been awhile, but wasn't Golden Years like a 8-episode event?

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  Glad to hear that this is a multi-disc set. I've become pretty spoiled lately with a bunch of Scream Factory and Criterion remastered blu-rays so I'm kinda wish we were getting HD versions (seriously, how is the only version of The Dead Zone Blu-ray available on Amazon an import?!), but for the price this is really hard to beat.

It's been awhile, but wasn't Golden Years like a 8-episode event?
                  If I remember correctly it is 7 episodes and unfortunately it was cancelled without a conclusion. I have been wanting to watch this one again!

Comment

If I remember correctly it is 7 episodes and unfortunately it was cancelled without a conclusion. I have been wanting to watch this one again!
                    I kind of remember the way it ended it could have been the end of it or if could have gone on. I did enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                      I kind of remember the way it ended it could have been the end of it or if could have gone on. I did enjoy it.
                      It ended with a cliff hanger that probably could be considered a conclusion but I really wanted more.

Comment

It ended with a cliff hanger that probably could be considered a conclusion but I really wanted more.
                        I read somewhere that King wanted four more episodes to wrap it up, but the network declined. I do remember the ratings being a disappointment in comparison to other King TV projects.

Comment

I read somewhere that King wanted four more episodes to wrap it up, but the network declined. I do remember the ratings being a disappointment in comparison to other King TV projects.

Comment

Working...
                          X