Patrick Rothfuss Special edition at Anderida Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patrick Rothfuss Special edition at Anderida Books

Wow!! The Book literally appeared and disappeared, it was that fast Here's how it went.

"The demand for the limited slipcased illustrated edition of The Name of the Wind has been huge!

We listed the first batch at 8 am London time and it sold out within minutes!

We are listing two smaller batches of the remaining available copies at 1 pm & 10 pm London time. We have chosen to list the remaining books this way to give as many as possible in different time zones around the world a fighting chance of ordering the book. We are trying to be as fair as possible in selling this book."

I had a window open to London time, site open and ready to go. I looked away, looked back, it was 1:00:06. The book popped up, I clicked on it, completed the transaction through paypal. Went back to the site, the book was gone. Less then a minute or so. I've never seen anything like it. They're selling 250 copies. Got one, can't believe it.

Big congrats Mike. I'm jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
      Big congrats Mike. I'm jealous.
      Thanks man! It was crazy!!

Comment

I met Pat back when Name first came out. He was nervous because I had an ARC and he said he was afraid people buying ARCs would lower the sales and it might affect them publishing the second book. LOL! No worries there! Also reminds me that I need to sell that ARC one of these days. I know he sold one for charity on his site at one point for $1k. No idea what they go for in the wild.

Comment

Congratulations! I have only read one Ruthfuss book but really enjoyed his story telling.

Comment

More Info on the Patrick Rothfuss book:
            Well, the dust is starting to settle from the weekend Patrick Rothfuss buying frenzy! We knew this book would be popular, but didn’t quite expect the very high level of sales in such a short period. Batch 1 sold out in 2 minutes, batch 2 and 3 both sold through in less than 1 minute! According to our website analytics each listing had 300 unique visitors every time it went live! It seems that the interest in this particular book went viral! Our books are always popular and sell well, however, popular titles normally sell out within a few days, not in minutes and seconds. We are systematically working through the orders and estimate it will take us most of the week to process and ship all of them.

Comment

Working...
            X