Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"It" box-office profit article

http://deadline.com/2018/03/it-steph...ts-1202351455/

This did so well. If you look at the line for participations, you'll see that it is listed at $50 million. I hope King got most of that.

There's also a line for residuals (along with ancillary expenses called off-the-tops). For those who might know: does someone like King also earn guild-mandated residuals for something like this in addition to profit participation? Or are residuals only given on a means-tested basis?

The paperback sold well, according to Publishers Weekly; I was following the sales of it after the film was released. I wonder...I'm thinking most of the sales were the result of newer, younger (perhaps millennial-age?) people. How many of them would you think would actually stick with the book and read it all? I'm wondering if there is probably more love for the movie (given the ambience and the whole Stranger Things phenomenon, which I think made this a great environment for the picture) than for the book. I hope that is not the case and that the younger readers stuck with Pennywise in print...

Still have yet to see the film. Will try to get to it soon. The book? One of my favorites...(and I have to say, I think it tops The Stand)...

Originally posted by JJ123 View Post
    http://deadline.com/2018/03/it-steph...ts-1202351455/

This did so well. If you look at the line for participations, you'll see that it is listed at $50 million. I hope King got most of that.

There's also a line for residuals (along with ancillary expenses called off-the-tops). For those who might know: does someone like King also earn guild-mandated residuals for something like this in addition to profit participation? Or are residuals only given on a means-tested basis?

The paperback sold well, according to Publishers Weekly; I was following the sales of it after the film was released. I wonder...I'm thinking most of the sales were the result of newer, younger (perhaps millennial-age?) people. How many of them would you think would actually stick with the book and read it all? I'm wondering if there is probably more love for the movie (given the ambience and the whole Stranger Things phenomenon, which I think made this a great environment for the picture) than for the book. I hope that is not the case and that the younger readers stuck with Pennywise in print...

Still have yet to see the film. Will try to get to it soon. The book? One of my favorites...(and I have to say, I think it tops The Stand)...
    Thanks for posting the article, I had not seen it yet. Regarding the sales of the paperback, I have a friend who had never read it and he picked up the paperback to read. His reason was probably indicative of many sales. His pre-teen son wanted to read it. He was uncertain if it was a book he would allow his son to read so he read it first.

PS. I like The Stand better than IT but they are close for me.

Comment

Working...
    X