Little Book Series 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Thank you for the support! I'm not sure I'm worthy of the honor, but I will try to earn the distinction.
    You're most welcome. I assume I'll be notified when you post something new. Not sure how that works.
    Last edited by Brian861; 03-27-2018, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Yeah, you should get a little notification when you log into YouTube whenever there's a new video posted by someone you subscribe to. I think the next thing I'll post will probably be the Nocturnal Reader's Box April unboxing and if you watch that one, you'll probably be treated to a high pitched squeal of delight. You'll hear and see a 45 year old man let loose a high pitched squeal of delight over a book. THAT'S what you just subscribed to.

Comment

Yeah, you should get a little notification when you log into YouTube whenever there's a new video posted by someone you subscribe to. I think the next thing I'll post will probably be the Nocturnal Reader's Box April unboxing and if you watch that one, you'll probably be treated to a high pitched squeal of delight. You'll hear and see a 45 year old man let loose a high pitched squeal of delight over a book. THAT'S what you just subscribed to.
        LOL! I'll be sure and have the volume down.

Comment

I thought you had read the ARC of that book and were not overly thrilled with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            I thought you had read the ARC of that book and were not overly thrilled with it?
            Now I’m super curious...what’s the book?

Comment

I do have an ARC and it's signed. And I wasn't over the moon about it, but I did like it quite a bit. I'd recommend it to pretty much anyone other than our friend Ron Clinton. I planned on buying it in hardcover anyway. So this spares me that added expense. But there might be something else to screech about. Maybe not. I have a low threshold for screeching as witnessed in my Shining and Little Books unboxings.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                Now I’m super curious...what’s the book?
                Unbury Carol by Josh Malerman

Comment

Moved some off topic posts elsewhere. They are now in the "Random Thoughts" thread.
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Got my invoice today for the first book in the new series.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                      Got my invoice today for the first book in the new series.
                      Now I'm freaking out. Yes, that's all it takes. Where's my invoice Tom???

Deep breaths.

BTW, I just read my first Little Book: A Little Magenta Book About a Dollhouse by Edward Lee. I really liked it. Never read him before. I thought he pulled off a cool concept.

Comment

Now I'm freaking out. Yes, that's all it takes. Where's my invoice Tom???

Deep breaths.

BTW, I just read my first Little Book: A Little Magenta Book About a Dollhouse by Edward Lee. I really liked it. Never read him before. I thought he pulled off a cool concept.
                        I have read a few Edward Lee titles and enjoyed them. He sometimes goes for the gross-out but I enjoy his stories.

Comment

I have read a few Edward Lee titles and enjoyed them. He sometimes goes for the gross-out but I enjoy his stories.
                          Yeah, the sex and violence and grossness weren't overdone in the Little Book. They actually served a really balanced unique story.

Comment

The LITTLE BOOK novella was fairly atypical for Lee in that regard...and I agree, it’s a good, solid read.

It was also atypical in that it’s the only novella in either LB series...all others are collections.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I've stayed away from a lot of Lee's stuff because of the gross-out factor. I've only read one of his short stories, "The Stick Woman", and I remember there being some stomach-churning stuff in that bad boy. Well-written, but not my steady diet of horror.

Yeah, the sex and violence and grossness weren't overdone in the Little Book. They actually served a really balanced unique story.
                              This is good to hear. I'm finally working my way through the rest of the Little Books Series II and just finished Ray Garton's volume which I wound up enjoying. Lee's volume is a couple down the line I believe (yeah, I'm reading them in order of release, for no reason other than my reader's OCD kicks in) but I'm curious to read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                                I've stayed away from a lot of Lee's stuff because of the gross-out factor. I've only read one of his short stories, "The Stick Woman", and I remember there being some stomach-churning stuff in that bad boy. Well-written, but not my steady diet of horror.

This is good to hear. I'm finally working my way through the rest of the Little Books Series II and just finished Ray Garton's volume which I wound up enjoying. Lee's volume is a couple down the line I believe (yeah, I'm reading them in order of release, for no reason other than my reader's OCD kicks in) but I'm curious to read it.
                                That is actually a completely acceptable reason!

Comment

Working...
                                X