Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Book Series 3

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    If it makes you feel better, they are binding the two Littles together into one volume and calling it Big.
    Last edited by bsaenz24; 12-10-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    I am considering this one. Not to be morbid but it feels like this may be a finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    Me too! Here's a quick link for anyone else who may be interested:

https://www.borderlandspress.com/sho...igned-edition/

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    If it makes you feel better, they are binding the two Littles together into one volume and calling it Big.
    That's funny! A Big Book of Little Nonsense.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    I have no idea. Like I said somewhere upthread, I'd love it if the King entry was his recently unearthed "Politics of Limited Editions" essay. And I'd fully expect a print run of more than 500. Especially since the precedent for 600 has already been set. And maybe King has 600+ signatures in his wrist yet. He did sign alllll those Sleeping Beauties, after all. All 902 of them (not counting the PC copies). So it's possible. And since SK has been a potential entry before (I believe there was chatter about him maybe being in series 2?) and it would be a very bad look for Borderlands to continue to name drop him but never produce his work, then I think we're pushing from possibility to probability.
    Another possibility: It’s entirely possible that they will do a collection of his work but he will not sign it. It could either be an unsigned book or signed by someone introducing the collection. As little financial incentive as there is in the Cemetery Dance limiteds, at least there is some remuneration coming his way. With these, at $30 a pop, there is comparatively none. Plus he has a friendship with CD’s owner, Richard Chizmar. He signed the last $40 Borderlands book, which I featured a few days ago on my Twitter feed, but that was because the book was honoring his friend, Charles Grant. There’s no such connection this time, and I’ll be very surprised if there is a Stephen King collection, and significantly more so if it’s signed
    Last edited by RonClinton; 12-10-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Little Book Series 4: 14 volumes of Bentley Little, 1 mystery volume that might be a famous horror author we all know and love (coughcoughKingcough)

You have to buy the first 14 volumes to be eligible for the 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Another possibility: It’s entirely possible that they will do a collection of his work but he will not sign it. It could either be an unsigned book or signed by someone introducing the collection. As little financial incentive as there is in the Cemetery Dance limiteds, at least there is some remuneration coming his way. With these, at $30 a pop, there is comparatively none. Plus he has a friendship with CD’s owner, Richard Chizmar. He signed the last $40 Borderlands book, which I featured a few days ago on my Twitter feed, but that was because the book was honoring his friend, Charles Grant. There’s no such connection this time, and I’ll be very surprised if there is a Stephen King collection, and significantly more so if it’s signed
    Yes, I suppose that is another route. An unsigned King book (or at least not signed by King). But it'll still be a bad look for BP. The whole gimmick of these little books relies on the signature. When the author is deceased, it's understandable to get someone else to sign, but putting that King signature as a carrot and then not fully delivering on it will cost some major points. If that happens, far fewer if any will likely come back for Series IV.

Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    Little Book Series 4: 14 volumes of Bentley Little, 1 mystery volume that might be a famous horror author we all know and love (coughcoughKingcough)

You have to buy the first 14 volumes to be eligible for the 15th.

That is a circle in my private Hell.

That is a circle in my private Hell.
    Maybe, but is a (l/L)ittle circle...

I own The Circle by Bentley Little. I can review it right here if you'd like. But I'd spoil it for folks who might want to read it and get disappointed all on their own.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    I own The Circle by Bentley Little. I can review it right here if you'd like. But I'd spoil it for folks who might want to read it and get disappointed all on their own.
    I enjoyed that story.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I enjoyed that story.
    And you had every right to enjoy it and I don't think any less of you or anyone who likes Little. Even though I can't understand it.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Me tres!! We’re more than halfway, folks! Still waiting for the Chizmar, Little, McCammon, and King!!! I hope to jeebus there’s a King in this series. Also I’d like a Tremblay in there. Or an Ania Ahlborn. Or a Clive Barker! Or a Chuck Palahniuk. Or a Patrick McCabe. Not that McCabe fits the genre. Or a Sarah Pinborough.
    I'm holding out for the The Little Forest Green Book of Jeffingoff Videos.

That's hilarious LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I'm holding out for the The Little Forest Green Book of Jeffingoff Videos.
    I didn't realize that Tom shared that news yet. It'll be signed by Stephen King, Cormac McCarthy, Joe Lansdale, Clive Barker, Josh Malerman, Patrick McCabe, David Wong, and Chuck Palahniuk.

I didn't realize that Tom shared that news yet. It'll be signed by Stephen King, Cormac McCarthy, Joe Lansdale, Clive Barker, Josh Malerman, Patrick McCabe, David Wong, and Chuck Palahniuk.
    And edited by Christopher Walken, who shall declare, "I need more Jeff!"

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    I have already arranged to send mine to Bentley Little to have him add his signature.

I have already arranged to send mine to Bentley Little to have him add his signature.
    I know. He sent me a video of a burning barbie doll as a threat. It didn't make sense to me so I texted him. It went like this:

ME: LOL why you doing that? Is this a teaser trailer for The Sequel: The Circle number 2?
    BL: No! It's bcuz you won't let me sign your little book even though my name's on it and now I have ppl asking me to sign it.
    ME: LOL who?
    BL: Martin
    ME: oh you totally have to do it! He's good people! BTW: your name's not on my book
    BL: its on every Little book. LITTLE! what don't you get about LITTLE??!?!
    ME: well, there's a lot I don't get about LITTLE! LOL
    BL: Stop fucking LOLing!!!
    ME: LOL take it up with Tom and Liz! Walken didn't want you on the project either
    BL: her names ELIZABETH!
    ME: to her friends, it's LIZ. LOL LOL
    BL: whatever
    ME: still don't get why your sending me a burning barbie. don't make sense
    BL: think about it--
    ME: ???
    BL: does anything I create make sense?
    ME: yur a genius
    BL: thx
    ME: I'll let Martin know
    BL: kewl. hey what are you doing Friday
    ME: Oh yeah I'll be at the borderlands thing. u be there? I'll buy the first stout!
    BL: what borderlands thing???
    ME: oh maybe I had my dates wrong
    BL: WHAT BL THING???
    ME: the thing, maybe it's in January god its going to be such a drag I prolly won't go. speaking of that I gotta fly. text me next time you're in CHI! we'll shit gems or something goofy! Later!
    BL: WHAT FUCKING BL THING!!

I know. He sent me a video of a burning barbie doll as a threat. It didn't make sense to me so I texted him. It went like this:

ME: LOL why you doing that? Is this a teaser trailer for The Sequel: The Circle number 2?
    BL: No! It's bcuz you won't let me sign your little book even though my name's on it and now I have ppl asking me to sign it.
    ME: LOL who?
    BL: Martin
    ME: oh you totally have to do it! He's good people! BTW: your name's not on my book
    BL: its on every Little book. LITTLE! what don't you get about LITTLE??!?!
    ME: well, there's a lot I don't get about LITTLE! LOL
    BL: Stop fucking LOLing!!!
    ME: LOL take it up with Tom and Liz! Walken didn't want you on the project either
    BL: her names ELIZABETH!
    ME: to her friends, it's LIZ. LOL LOL
    BL: whatever
    ME: still don't get why your sending me a burning barbie. don't make sense
    BL: think about it--
    ME: ???
    BL: does anything I create make sense?
    ME: yur a genius
    BL: thx
    ME: I'll let Martin know
    BL: kewl. hey what are you doing Friday
    ME: Oh yeah I'll be at the borderlands thing. u be there? I'll buy the first stout!
    BL: what borderlands thing???
    ME: oh maybe I had my dates wrong
    BL: WHAT BL THING???
    ME: the thing, maybe it's in January god its going to be such a drag I prolly won't go. speaking of that I gotta fly. text me next time you're in CHI! we'll shit gems or something goofy! Later!
    BL: WHAT FUCKING BL THING!!
    Having him sign it only makes sense. He is probably the most mentioned author in your series.

Having him sign it only makes sense. He is probably the most mentioned author in your series.
    That is true! But Christopher Walken refused to attach himself to any project that included Little. There's some major bad blood there!

That is true! But Christopher Walken refused to attach himself to any project that included Little. There's some major bad blood there!
    Like Neal Sedaka Bad Blood??

But how many times has Mr. Walken been mentioned on your channel? Clearly Mr. Little is the proper choice. They should swap out the intro with Jordan Peele. If that does not work out Chuck Palahniuk can always step in.