Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Yes, but then again I'm a fan of the series:

Very nice! I like the series as well. I missed out on Series I but did get the complete Series II. I’m hoping to continue to get my matching number for Series III through Camelot. I would like to track down a set of Series I but some of them are pretty darn pricey.

Comment

Just curious, Ron. Will they be making a case for the last 5 books in Series II?

Comment

UH OH! Am I in trouble??

Comment

Brian: Yes, the slipcases always come after each set of five are published, and I understand the one for the last set of five in Series II is in production (or close to it).

Jeff: Only if you're a completist.

SockMonkey: I spoke to Kim @ Camelot a couple days ago, and she verified with me that she will continue to get the matching numbers in the LITTLE BOOKs series for Series III. That was good to confirm, given that this is one rare instance where I do have a matching number, and have had it since the first volume of Series I...so all those books in the above pic have the same number.
          Last edited by RonClinton; 03-13-2018, 05:22 PM.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Jeff: Only if you're a completist.
            In your opinion, what were the standouts in series 2? I'm looking forward to the Etchinson and the Poppy Z Brite and Ketchum.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
              In your opinion, what were the standouts in series 2? I'm looking forward to the Etchinson and the Poppy Z Brite and Ketchum.
              I’m afraid my memory for such things isn’t very good… Unless the book is a singular standout, most of what I read I don’t recall very well as time wears on, some of it vanishing almost as soon as I close the covers. That said, I do remember that the Ketchum and Mayberry books were quite good, as was the Joe Hill.

Comment

Yeah I'm surprised they have a complete set to sell me considering the Joe Hill issues.

Comment

Very nice Ron!

I really want the Green Lansdale but that one doesn’t seem to come up for sale very often.

ETA: Of course right after I said this, one is on eBay and is currently at a reasonable price.

Last edited by TacomaDiver; 03-14-2018, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Anyone know why Borderlands is going from a limitation of 500 to 350? Series I and II were both 500, right?

Comment

Anyone know why Borderlands is going from a limitation of 500 to 350? Series I and II were both 500, right?
                      They were. My suspicion is that it's due to poorer than expected sales. A number of the Series II books are still available from their store.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                        They were. My suspicion is that it's due to poorer than expected sales. A number of the Series II books are still available from their store.
                        That would be my assumption as well; I can't conceive of any other reason why a publisher would decrease the limitation on a series that was otherwise selling out its larger print run.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                          Interesting. Hard to prevent people from cherry picking authors. Not everyone is a completist. Selfishly, I'm happy with the development. It'll be nice to have matching numbers for all of series III which will be even more limited.

Would be even sweeter if Lansdale appeared again!

Comment

That would be my assumption as well; I can't conceive of any other reason why a publisher would decrease the limitation on a series that was otherwise selling out its larger print run.
                            It's also interesting that they didn't raise the price at all. The collectors would probably hang on even with a bump to $35, especially if the quantities are even more limited on these signed editions. I think this is a cool concept and I'm surprised I didn't jump in earlier.

Comment

It's also interesting that they didn't raise the price at all. The collectors would probably hang on even with a bump to $35, especially if the quantities are even more limited on these signed editions. I think this is a cool concept and I'm surprised I didn't jump in earlier.
                              Series I was cheaper ($20 or $25, I can't recall); the price was raised for Series II. For Series III, I'm not sure many would go for such a small, thin book for over $30, given that full-length standard/large size S/Ls run for $40. I'd probably do it because I've been in from the beginning, but if I were just starting, I can't see paying $35 or $40 for these things...they're nice, but they're mostly reprints, fairly plain with no djs and have limited embossing to boards, presumably not smyth-sewn, etc.

Comment

I could probably stomach $35 IF they came through on all the authors they claim they're in negotiations with for this series, but they're hitting a regular who's who of my list of favorite authors. In general I agree that $30 is probably the sweet spot for these books.

And like Brian, I'm interested to see how they handle King if they can get him. Inexpensive signed books aren't totally unheard of, and Tom Monteleone has been around long enough that I suspect he could call in a favor or two to make it happen. Perhaps more likely, now that I've had some time to think about it, is that a King Little Book just wouldn't be signed at all (despite the claim that all books will be signed by the author), or perhaps signed by the editor of such a volume.

Comment

Working...
                                X