Little Book Series 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    It beats having 45 little hardcovers with no titles on the spine by the time they finish series 3.
    Great point, but- I don't keep them together as a set. They go with their respective author's sections on the shelves. Actually, they are often that perfect little Tetris piece that fits nicely on top of a row in my obscenely overstuffed bookcases.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
      Great point, but- I don't keep them together as a set. They go with their respective author's sections on the shelves. Actually, they are often that perfect little Tetris piece that fits nicely on top of a row in my obscenely overstuffed bookcases.
      There is nothing obscene about an overstuffed bookcase.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
        There is nothing obscene about an overstuffed bookcase.
        Another great point!

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post

This is triggering me.

I mean, I group books by author, too, but sets like the Little Books stand alone.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

This is triggering me.

I mean, I group books by author, too, but sets like the Little Books stand alone.
            Glad I’m not the only one who was triggered. ;-)
            Last edited by RonClinton; 11-08-2019, 08:15 AM.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              Glad I’m not the only one who was triggered. ;-)
              I tried putting my Malerman Little Book by my Malerman books, but it kept reappearing next to the other Little Books. The last time I tried it, I placed the Little Red Book by the rest of the Malermans, went to bed, and when I woke, sure enough, the Little Red Book of Requests was back with all the other Little Books. Only this time, there was a sticky note. Written in a very sloppy version of my handwriting it read: "DO NOT TRY that shit again. First warning. Last time." It was signed "Sleepy Jeff." And there was a clump of hair next to the sticky note. It was my hair. Later when I looked through the photos on my phone, there was a series of selfies that showed me holding the Dragon Lord to my throat. As well as photos documenting me writing the sticky note and posing in front of the relocated Little Red Book with a stern look on my face. So I really can't even try that again. I won't let me.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                I tried putting my Malerman Little Book by my Malerman books, but it kept reappearing next to the other Little Books. The last time I tried it, I placed the Little Red Book by the rest of the Malermans, went to bed, and when I woke, sure enough, the Little Red Book of Requests was back with all the other Little Books. Only this time, there was a sticky note. Written in a very sloppy version of my handwriting it read: "DO NOT TRY that shit again. First warning. Last time." It was signed "Sleepy Jeff." And there was a clump of hair next to the sticky note. It was my hair. Later when I looked through the photos on my phone, there was a series of selfies that showed me holding the Dragon Lord to my throat. As well as photos documenting me writing the sticky note and posing in front of the relocated Little Red Book with a stern look on my face. So I really can't even try that again. I won't let me.
                LOL!

I always find these types of topics about how one decides to collect what one collects and how they sort their collection very interesting. I can absolutely see why someone would organize their titles alphabetical by author regardless of publisher or by genre and I really can't argue the logic. If you want to find something with relative ease, alphabetical by author is the easiest way to do so. That being said, I organize all my books by publisher. There's something about all those little publisher logos lining up that brings calm to my soul. And while this organization might seem completely normal to some people on this forum, it is decidedly weird to non-collectors. When I show someone my collection there's usually a little bit of disbelief that collecting signed limited editions is a thing, but they usually get on board. But when they ask about the organization and I explain it's by publisher, that's when they look at me a little cross-eyed. Granted I can't blame them because to a non-collector it would be like organizing your movies by studio (so on shelf one is everything from Fox, the second shelf is MGM...) Now, within the respective publishers, I will organize by either line (Novella, Signature Series, Graveyard Editions) or trim size. I also have a hard time buying random books in a specific series. There would be no way that I could only buy the Malerman or Kiernan or Hill book of the Little Book series. I get one someone would, but I would just look at that lone book on the shelf...

Comment

Sorry for the triggers, guys. Maybe this helps- with the forthcoming exception, I usually don't collect ALL of the series, just selected titles who's authors I read or am interested in. That's how it's been until this current series, which (under duress) I feel "forced" to subscribe to, in order to be assured to get the hinted at Big Name titles. Up until the Joe Hill title, I had been able to just buy whatever ones I had wanted. I got the Lansdale, the Keene, and the Gaiman that way, no problem. I get it, though. That's the way it goes. Missing that Joe Hill still sticks in my craw, though..

Comment

Well, I got a hold of Borderlands and they apologized for the mix-up and invoicing issues. They sent me my Little Yellow Book, and now all I need to do is send them back the slipcase. Which is easier said that done - stupid post office hours.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                      Well, I got a hold of Borderlands and they apologized for the mix-up and invoicing issues. They sent me my Little Yellow Book, and now all I need to do is send them back the slipcase. Which is easier said that done - stupid post office hours.
                      Glad it worked out for ya, Jason. Getting to the PO and dealing with all that can be a PITA.

Comment

Just preordered A Little Black Book of Quiet Horror by Charles L. Grant.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                          Just preordered A Little Black Book of Quiet Horror by Charles L. Grant.
                          Me too! Here's a quick link for anyone else who may be interested:

https://www.borderlandspress.com/sho...igned-edition/

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                            Me too! Here's a quick link for anyone else who may be interested:

https://www.borderlandspress.com/sho...igned-edition/
                            Me tres!! We’re more than halfway, folks! Still waiting for the Chizmar, Little, McCammon, and King!!! I hope to jeebus there’s a King in this series. Also I’d like a Tremblay in there. Or an Ania Ahlborn. Or a Clive Barker! Or a Chuck Palahniuk. Or a Patrick McCabe. Not that McCabe fits the genre. Or a Sarah Pinborough.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                              Me tres!! We’re more than halfway, folks! Still waiting for the Chizmar, Little, McCammon, and King!!! I hope to jeebus there’s a King in this series. Also I’d like a Tremblay in there. Or an Ania Ahlborn. Or a Clive Barker! Or a Chuck Palahniuk. Or a Patrick McCabe. Not that McCabe fits the genre. Or a Sarah Pinborough.
                              A Barker would be cool. I honestly didn't recall that there was going to be a Little entry in the series.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                                A Barker would be cool. I honestly didn't recall that there was going to be a Little entry in the series.
                                Yeah, that one has been burning like an ember in my gut all this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X