Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Book Series 3

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Also, at the bottom of the announcement for book 3:

SPECIAL NOTE:

Series III is almost completely sold out. We have 10 matched sets available. It's not too late to subscribe to the entire series of great little books with upcoming authors such as Thomas Ligotti, Josh Malerman, Owen King, and others!

No mention of Stephen King . . .
    The original announcement never said SK was confirmed, but that they where working on it. I don't think you'll see SK mentioned again until it's confirmed, and honestly probably not until they are ready to announce it for sale.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Also, at the bottom of the announcement for book 3:

SPECIAL NOTE:

Series III is almost completely sold out. We have 10 matched sets available. It's not too late to subscribe to the entire series of great little books with upcoming authors such as Thomas Ligotti, Josh Malerman, Owen King, and others!

No mention of Stephen King . . .
    He is one of the others . Seriously, I always doubted a King S/L would go for $30. I do still wonder if we'll get something with maybe a facsimile sig. Or King will only sign 100 (I'm #80 lol). I think he should do it out of spite.

I also noticed when I placed my order that they are now offering priority shipping. I never noticed that before so I decided to go the extra 5 bucks to see what that gets me.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    The original announcement never said SK was confirmed, but that they where working on it. I don't think you'll see SK mentioned again until it's confirmed, and honestly probably not until they are ready to announce it for sale.
    Right. He was mentioned as a POSSIBLE contributor to Series III. I only point out the absence as an indication that he is at best a maybe. If they had locked him in, then his name would have been dropped and those last 10 matching sets would have vanished. However, I think it also says a lot that they're not dangling him out there as a possibility (especially if they're trying to push the last ten sets)--could indicate that BP may be backing off the promise because it's less likely to happen.

Yes, and all of this means that I am a genius FORENSIC BOOK COLLECTOR INVESTIGATOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    He is one of the others . Seriously, I always doubted a King S/L would go for $30. I do still wonder if we'll get something with maybe a facsimile sig. Or King will only sign 100 (I'm #80 lol). I think he should do it out of spite.

I also noticed when I placed my order that they are now offering priority shipping. I never noticed that before so I decided to go the extra 5 bucks to see what that gets me.
    Maybe I'm just a cynical ass, but I really doubt Stephen King is going to be among the Series III authors. And that's OK. I really like the Little Book Series. I'm looking forward to Chizmar and Malerman and Kiernan. I'm going to buy them all anyway.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar

Yes, and all of this means that I am a genius FORENSIC BOOK COLLECTOR INVESTIGATOR.
    Great. ANOTHER damn FBCI.

Maybe I'm just a cynical ass, but I really doubt Stephen King is going to be among the Series III authors. And that's OK. I really like the Little Book Series. I'm looking forward to Chizmar and Malerman and Kiernan. I'm going to buy them all anyway.
    Right there with ya.

Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Great. ANOTHER damn FBCI.
    Except this time, it's set in Chicago. Part of the Chicago Fire, PD, EMS, Dogcatcher, etc crossovers I believe.

It's really hard to say. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Tom manages it.

Instagram

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Seems like there should be a Bentley Little volume in that series... What could be better than a Little Little book?

It's really hard to say. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Tom manages it.
    I certainly hope he does. I'll have #183.

Seems like there should be a Bentley Little volume in that series... What could be better than a Little Little book?

I do believe that Little IS one of the promised authors. LUCKY ME.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Tom printed Quietly now for $40.00 and it contained signatures from King, Straub, Burke and many others. May or may not get this one but it is within the realm of possibility.

I was wrong. We are merely being threatened with Bentley Little. Here's the roster from the original announcement:

already signed Ramsey Campbell, Mort Castle, Richard Chizmar, Heather Graham, Charles L. Grant, Owen King, Josh Malerman, William F. Nolan, and Tim Waggoner. In the coming months, pending negotiations, we hope to announce the addition of writers such as Thomas Ligotti, Bentley Little, Gahan Wilson, Caitlyn Kiernan, and Stephen King.

LOL.

I know this has been keeping you up nights with anticipation

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Tom printed Quietly now for $40.00 and it contained signatures from King, Straub, Burke and many others. May or may not get this one but it is within the realm of possibility.
    Didn't realize that. I'm sure it goes for much more these days. Maybe not so far-fetched after all for the Little series.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    I'm in regardless of the King book or not. Would it be cool to get a signed King book on the cheap? Yep. But I'm not a die hard fan that would buy all fourteen other books JUST to be able to get the King book. I really enjoy the Little Books series, even if there is overlap with the authors' works I previously own. And, honestly, the Series III line-up pretty much rocks without King.

Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I'm in regardless of the King book or not.
    Me too. The line up does rock. It would be amazing to have King's stories and signature in a Little Book, but for me, continuing to buy the series isn't dependent on a King book. This series is so much fun. I also have the complete Series II and I'm having a blast working my way through those. So nothing but praise from me, really.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Me too. The line up does rock. It would be amazing to have King's stories and signature in a Little Book, but for me, continuing to buy the series isn't dependent on a King book. This series is so much fun. I also have the complete Series II and I'm having a blast working my way through those. So nothing but praise from me, really.
    I like to think of the Little Series as tiny morsels of literary goodness, each book a small sampling of some fantastic authors' works.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    I hope that, if King is featured in a future book, that CD gets copies....I've been getting all of my matching numbers from them. Collectors OCD is tingling........

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    I hope that, if King is featured in a future book, that CD gets copies....I've been getting all of my matching numbers from them. Collectors OCD is tingling........
    We will. We are getting the same number of copies for every book in the series.

Instagram

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    We will. We are getting the same number of copies for every book in the series.
    Awesome. Thanks, Dan! Now I just have to hope that I get the Collector's Club notification immediately, and place my order before it sells out.

My nerves are shot already!

Anyone get the Waggoner book? I paid on the 9th and no shipping notice or padded envelope yet.