Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Book Series 3

Senior Member Inmate Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Makes sense. It’s been 500 for so long, though, I’m not sure I buy the theory, but it does sound at least feasible. Guess that means those of us with sub 351 copies have the true 1st edition and the rest of you are second-edition chumps. Please keep your jealousy to a minimum, thank you.
    I will choose to look at it from the standpoint that there are 350 copies that list the limitation at 350 but only 150 copies that list it at 500. Mine will be much more rare!

(If Dan's theory about the numbering is correct.)

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    I will choose to look at it from the standpoint that there are 350 copies that list the limitation at 350 but only 150 copies that list it at 500. Mine will be much more rare!

Hahaha I thought the same thing--for this edition. When you consider the entire series, though, things get a little different. This is the only book out of the set that has that limitation page. All other books are either 500 or 600. So it's rarer overall!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Those collecting the complete set will need a copy of each. The Slipcase will need a slight modification to allow for two copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Those collecting the complete set will need a copy of each. The Slipcase will need a slight modification to allow for two copies.
    D'oh!

As I had hoped, I got my #475. Happy with that.

GRINS GRAVITY SIG ROT.jpg

Also, we once again have a cloth material on the cover instead of leatherette. We had wondered if they merely couldn't procure the black leatherette material for the previous volume but now it appears the change was a permanent one.

GRINS GRAVITY COVER ROT.jpg
    Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 03-23-2020 at 09:42 PM.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement

. Too true — now I feel like the chump with my 1st ed.!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    That would really tick me off. Sorry and not to cause issue but I would be bothered by this.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    . Too true — now I feel like the chump with my 1st ed.!

I somehow had delude myself into believing that my inferior 2nd edition was actually preferable.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar

I somehow had delude myself into believing that my inferior 2nd edition was actually preferable.
    Yours is a whole new type of edition. First edition/Second Tip In.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Yours is a whole new type of edition. First edition/First Second Tip In.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Fixed it for you.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Mine also had a sticky note, this is at least the 2nd book and maybe more that have come like that for me. I just blame my post stroke brain for the forgetting. It's easier that way.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Yeah I thought that too, based on the original announcement at the beginning of this thread.

I hope it has your number. I did notice when Igot my copy, there was a sticky note on the cover with my number written on it. I haven't had that before. So maybe they only printed 350, but they are numbered for the people who have been buying all along and those numbers are non-sequential. The more I think about it, the surer I am that everyone will get their number.

Administrator Lobotomized Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khaos View Post
    Mine also had a sticky note, this is at least the 2nd book and maybe more that have come like that for me. I just blame my post stroke brain for the forgetting. It's easier that way.
    All of our copies had sticky notes on them. Which was super handy as we usually go through and put sticky notes on them for our reference.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    I've been collecting this series since day one, and I have a few with different numbers, thanks to some mishaps that it was more trouble to fix than it was worth to me, but I have the same # for most of them. I was VERY irritated when I first read that there were only 350 copies of this one, then I got over it, then I read that there were really 500 copies, and I was puzzled, but OK, and then I read that there were two different limitations, and I felt, rightly or wrongly, that it seemed just a tad shady. My OCD about limited edition books has pretty much gotten to the level where barely anything bothers me anymore, but knowing about all of the strangeness associated with this particular book is making something buzz in the back of my brain, like a book-fanatic Spider-Sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    I've been collecting this series since day one, and I have a few with different numbers, thanks to some mishaps that it was more trouble to fix than it was worth to me, but I have the same # for most of them. I was VERY irritated when I first read that there were only 350 copies of this one, then I got over it, then I read that there were really 500 copies, and I was puzzled, but OK, and then I read that there were two different limitations, and I felt, rightly or wrongly, that it seemed just a tad shady. My OCD about limited edition books has pretty much gotten to the level where barely anything bothers me anymore, but knowing about all of the strangeness associated with this particular book is making something buzz in the back of my brain, like a book-fanatic Spider-Sense.
    Sorry for setting that off. I get why you might see it as a little shady. To mess around with the limitation number can make a collector wonder about the actual print run. And this is something the publisher can avoid with two sentences. Something like: NOTE: due to a change in the print run, some limitation pages state 350 copies and some state 500. The actual print run is 500 copies for this edition.

Maybe that note exists somewhere in the email or on the order page, but I didn't see it. Tom probably also didn't count on some asswipe raising the issue in the CD forum.

I don't think anything shady is going on here.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    My number is 80, came with the sticky note, and the limitation page states 350. I'm good with whatever the reason is since I received my number.

Senior Member Hearing Voices TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    My number is 80, came with the sticky note, and the limitation page states 350. I'm good with whatever the reason is since I received my number.
    I'm the same - well, except mine came numbered 105, which if memory serves right, is the same as the others. I've never actually checked if I'm being completely honest.

The pre-order page is up for the Robert McCammon little book!

https://www.borderlandspress.com/sho...YfT2IsmP2iLOc4

The pre-order page is up for the Robert McCammon little book!

https://www.borderlandspress.com/sho...YfT2IsmP2iLOc4
    I KNOW

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Looks like The Complete Short Fiction of Peter Straub is up as well.

https://www.borderlandspress.com/sho...mited-edition/

Wish the cover design was a little more dynamic.